Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Billy Boat Exhaust…Simply a Better Built Exhaust (find out why)

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 12:15 PM
BBExhaust
Supporting Manufacturer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Billy Boat Exhaust…Simply a Better Built Exhaust (find out why)

. .

What’s in Your Exhaust System…
To be rather frank about the exhaust business, once you’ve excluded the cheap China knock-offs…the industry has just a handful of quality exhaust manufactures. With all due respect, most of them do a great job. Narrow the field down more in regard to performance results and they are all within a close percentage of each other. This becomes known as an industry standard…but that’s where the similarities end.

There are more than enough folks out there who will defend their purchased exhaust as “The best there is!” and “that sounds like *** and XXXX is better!” But is it??? Once the industry standard is met in horsepower performance, what’s left is choices in SOUND and QUALITY OF PRODUCT.
  • Sound… Anybody in the market for an exhaust has in their head what sounds good to them as a “proper performance exhaust”. Some systems that rely solely on baffles attract people who like a more open, raspy (I’m sure you all have your personal descriptive words here) sound creating a raw aggressive note. Other companies use standard round expanded tubing relying on fiberglass mesh and traditional packing materials to quiet the exhaust. Although the exhaust note is subdued, it’s often flat with limited depth in tone. It’s just a matter of taste! if this is the exhaust note your after…your shopping experience is done, and you’re a happy camper. If not, there's more in store for you here. Engines have changed over the years, and so do the sounds these engines produce. Regardless of new or old, BBE has always strived for that old-school muscle car sound we remember. A deep rich tone on the lower RPM range, while the high end screams with solid horsepower.
  • Quality of Product… Now I could justifiably say this is the plug for BBE, which it is…BUT there’s a good reason why we say BBE is “Simply a Better Built Exhaust”. Billy got his start in racing and continued his career all the way to Indy class. And if you think that everything in an exhaust system wasn’t extremely scrutinized for results…you’d be mistaken. Not built from a corporate background, Billy Boat Exhaust was quite accurately Defined by Racing…Driven by Performance. Result oriented products engineered by physics derived philosophies has made BBE products a class of their own.
Compare these features to any other exhaust manufacturer and you’ll see why we don’t necessarily have to be the biggest to be the best!

You'll find Billy Boat Exhaust available from most of the quality distributors here on the Corvette Forum. Give them a shout and see what they can do for you! Should you want to see more info, feel free to visit our website at www.BBExhaust.com for your new exhaust!

A Comparison Video - Billy Boat Exhaust vs. Corsa
This video is not in any way here to put down Corsa, they make a quality product. More importantly, it's here to express what we mean when we say we always shoot for that deep muscle car sound when designing an exhaust. Take a look, you'll see what we mean...

________________________________________ ________________________________________ ______

Here's YouTube video we posted last year with a modified ZR1. We didn't have time to shoot the drive-by shots but we did get the customer leaving giving us a taste of what he'll be enjoying. Check it out below...

Old 07-11-2018, 04:05 PM
reasonable suspicion
Melting Slicks

Received 324 Likes on 247 Posts

Love the deep sound at idle and the scream at WOT that my PRT makes on my c6z06! And the quality is awesome! But... lately I've been reading the Fusion 3rd gen is even louder at WOT than the PRT while being even quieter than the PRT cruising on the expressway. Does this sound correct? If so, I might make a switch.

Last edited by reasonable suspicion; 07-11-2018 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:03 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Love my Fusions!

Get notified of new replies

To Billy Boat Exhaust…Simply a Better Built Exhaust (find out why)

Quick Reply: Billy Boat Exhaust…Simply a Better Built Exhaust (find out why)