Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Yella Terra 1.8 rockers YT6670

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 08:43 PM
Nowanker
Melting Slicks
Pro Mechanic

Received 736 Likes on 546 Posts

Old 07-14-2018, 08:50 PM
Innovate
Drifting

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by 427V8BB

for the 24hour Daytona block lamar and me gonna make boost galore with some nascar rods and pistons
DP car block, NASCAR rods and pistons, and boost. All of this with YT's? No. This is shaft rocker territory.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:05 PM
427V8BB
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Innovate
DP car block, NASCAR rods and pistons, and boost. All of this with YT's? No. This is shaft rocker territory.
probably going to use what ever the best is for that build that block alone is 10k but he gets them for penny’s final goal is 1200whp
Old 07-15-2018, 12:48 AM
Josh B.
Melting Slicks

Received 554 Likes on 400 Posts

Removed. The best place to put YT rockers.
Old 07-15-2018, 09:50 AM
427V8BB
Pro

Originally Posted by Josh B.

Removed. The best place to put YT rockers.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:45 AM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Received 905 Likes on 370 Posts

what do you guys think of these got a new set for 400$ For my ls7 can’t wait!
OP,

Excellent choice of rocker gear.....don't let anyone tell you differently. I should add that real world experience speaks much louder than opinions

Copying and pasting a response I posted recently (barely a week ago) in the last thread Yella Terra rockers became the hot topic.

I removed/edited some of my response that wasn't relevant to this thread but what's left should allow you to feel much better about your purchase I assure you.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions

-Tony

Looks like we are back at it....another forum misguided attempt to steer the world away from Yella Terra products again (and for all the wrong reasons).

For the record I plan to post a very in depth post about Yella Terra in the following week to clarify a bunch of things and give the people willing to read and consider a very fresh and enlightening perspective.

After all, few here could be qualified as much as I to discuss this because no one that has posted in this thread has the data and the feedback I do both installing and recommending this product for well over a decade. When you have hundreds......yes literally hundreds of combinations out in the field with your name on it that run these rockers arms that sort of makes you an expert by default on this particular topic. No one posting here is in the position I am to know just how good (or how bad) this product is....and if the feedback wasn't good and they weren't performing for me I assure you I would not be recommending or using them a decade plus later.

Let me sum it up for you. I run Yella Terra Ultralite rockers on 98% of my cathedral engines....95% of my LS3 builds.....and 95% of my LS7 builds. Good chance if you have read about a successful build utilizing Mamo products (be it now or a decade plus ago) it also had a set of Yella Terra rockers included in the build. In fact barring just a few all out race builds, I have run Yella Terra products on pretty much every LS build I have been involved in for close to fifteen years now (Google and you will see how accurate that statement truly is).

To wrap things up the YT Ultralite is a purpose built rocker that I have had incredible success with for well over a decade. They had some teething problems with the original Gen 1 cathedral design 14 years ago and got a bit of a bad rap due to that in spite of updating quickly to a much more reliable Gen 2 design and ultimately an extremely reliable Gen 3 design back in 2011 - 2012. The cathedrals being offered today are still the Gen 3 design and their reliability record has been excellent. Note the newer products more applicable to this thread (my LS7 and LS3 gear) are an even newer 4th gen design and they have been rock solid for me. Results speak volumes here once again. How many Mamo LS7 combos have you seen now rocking dyno after dyno....small cams...medium sized cams....big cams....doesn't matter....every one of them running Yella Terra rockers and the other Mamo cast of characters. Bottom line....they work extremely well....they are cost effective and you guys should be glad you even have this option available if it fits the type of build you are after (which quite frankly is 95% of the guys reading this). Again....more on this in my own thread I will be posting on the topic soon

FWIW I'm away on a brief vacation to the east coast visiting family and just invested three plus hours typing and dealing with this because I felt the need to set the record straight and its a topic I am very passionate (and knowledgeable) about. Theories and valvetrain buzzwords are bullshit when you have hard data and results to compare against them and I'm chock full of hard data and literally 100's of proven combinations going back over a decade....I know what parts work and what parts don't work and I surround myself with proven parts that work. With the proper set-up the YT rocker arm is an extremely capable rocker arm for a very good price....but the price is just a perk. The reason I run them personally and for most of my clients builds is that its a purpose built part the fits the parameters and requirements of my builds perfectly.

I will get into more detail why that's true in the thread I have been discussing when I come up for air after returning to Los Angeles

-Tony

Please take the time to also visit my website at www.MamoMotorsports.com
The following 3 users liked this post by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports:
Formula8 (07-16-2018), Nowanker (07-16-2018), SteveJewels (09-08-2022)
Old 07-16-2018, 08:41 AM
427V8BB
Pro

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo
OP,

Excellent choice of rocker gear.....don't let anyone tell you differently. I should add that real world experience speaks much louder than opinions

Copying and pasting a response I posted recently (barely a week ago) in the last thread Yella Terra rockers became the hot topic.

I removed/edited some of my response that wasn't relevant to this thread but what's left should allow you to feel much better about your purchase I assure you.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions

-Tony

thanks tony

you came in and fucked **** up. Do you know of a guy named Lamar in Texas I think he knows you from the forums of ls1 tech
Old 07-16-2018, 11:01 PM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Received 905 Likes on 370 Posts

thanks tony

you came in and fucked **** up. Do you know of a guy named Lamar in Texas I think he knows you from the forums of ls1 tech
Sounds familiar but I deal with alot of performance shops in Texas!

If you need anything to complete the valvetrain or need some advice with the YT's, just PM or email me

-Tony
Old 07-17-2018, 07:30 AM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

Received 942 Likes on 686 Posts

what do you guys think of these got a new set for 400$ For my ls7 can’t wait!
Damn OP, $400? I'm jelly. I'd have scooped those up in a quick second. YT's are serious pieces and will serve you well. Pics of the install man!
Old 07-17-2018, 11:07 AM
427V8BB
Pro

Originally Posted by Pb82 Ronin
Damn OP, $400? I'm jelly. I'd have scooped those up in a quick second. YT's are serious pieces and will serve you well. Pics of the install man!
thinking of making a video of it all and edit it up right. Just to test my skills on editing when installing it in the car and stuff and I’ll go over what I got and what my goals are. Thinking about opening a little shop since we started out remodeling for a 3 car garage with 2 lifts!! Can’t wait i was gonna work primarily on c5/c6 or any car for exhaust mods and simple bolt ons. But for corvette I would be able to swap engines for people fuel pumps pull the rear end and ship it to rpm for what ever the customer needs etc I basically know allot of the c6 platform as I haven been working on it for 2 years and believe I could do it. I’d also be maybe recording every project on the cars that come in.

reason why I want to do this is cause I saw this YouTube video and this guy was charged 2000$ to have the TT dropped and the bearings replaced. **** I’d do that for 1000$! And good work. I have to much integrity to do sloppy work on another mans car and fail cause of my ignorance or laziness.

And yeah I get everything anyone can get on the forums wayyyy cheaper. My bro gives me the hookup! Gonna visit him in Texas this year when I drive down to race at the half and full mile events and 1/4 thinking about spending a week or 5 days out there prob 5 days 1800 mile drive there
Old 07-17-2018, 11:10 AM
427V8BB
Pro

Originally Posted by Pb82 Ronin
these are the pics I have atm of how it’s going

Old 07-17-2018, 11:13 AM
427V8BB
Pro

As you can see I had to pull this motor out of a slanted driveway really need that damn garage I’m doing my 99 Dakota pickup clutch swap next to the z and I hate working on dirty fucked up pavement drives me nuts. To the point I wanna murder. But that’s more of a me issue
Old 07-17-2018, 11:37 AM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Received 897 Likes on 686 Posts

There are no more 1/2mi events in Texas.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:45 AM
427V8BB
Pro

Originally Posted by jayyyw
There are no more 1/2mi events in Texas.
well **** me right??? Guess I’ll be hitting up 1 mile and 1/4
Old 07-17-2018, 01:13 PM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

Received 942 Likes on 686 Posts

Texas ain't the only state in the Union my friend.
https://wannagofast.com/tickets/driver/
http://www.slipstreamre.com/
https://www.bcballoons.com/entertainment/speed-fest-1-2-mile-race
https://shift-s3ctor.com/

I like your garage idea. If you need another hand in the Carolinas, let me know.
The following users liked this post:
427V8BB (07-17-2018)
Old 07-19-2018, 03:16 PM
~STOLEN~
Melting Slicks

Received 164 Likes on 136 Posts

there is A LOT of hype about the rockers in the ls7 area that ive never understood. its just hard to believe there is a 1000.00 gap between the proven rockers (which also have bad batches & broken arms) and the lower cost yellow terra rockers.
i have seen rumors about TSP making their own version for the ls7 but who knows

i like that mamo took the time to reply on this matter, speaks to his care for the ls7 customers

im in for more SOLID information

Quick Reply: [Z06] Yella Terra 1.8 rockers YT6670