Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Fore tank hose position?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 10:08 AM
Pete2k_Z28
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Fore tank hose position?

For the life of me I can NOT get my tank all the way back in after installing a Fore system. While it's impossible to see what's going on up there, I'm thinking the fuel lines are hitting and hanging it up. Whatever it is hitting is "soft". I'll add a pic of how I have my lines clocked in the next post...
Old 08-19-2018, 10:10 AM
Pete2k_Z28
Burning Brakes

Old 11-24-2018, 09:10 AM
Summerkruse13
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Questions, where did you run the lines, and what did you do with the factory lines and evap stuff?
Old 11-24-2018, 12:22 PM
double06
Melting Slicks

Received 374 Likes on 299 Posts

Default Tools

Not sure what you have or maybe you know somebody that has a borescope with flex Line. I was able to read the part number on my pump while in the car. You can access from the driver's side tire well there is a 1/2 inch slit between body and frame that the scope can fit through. I could see entire top of tank and even read part number on top.
Old 11-24-2018, 03:10 PM
Dane@LGmotorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 641 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete2k_Z28
For the life of me I can NOT get my tank all the way back in after installing a Fore system. While it's impossible to see what's going on up there, I'm thinking the fuel lines are hitting and hanging it up. Whatever it is hitting is "soft". I'll add a pic of how I have my lines clocked in the next post...
I've got a C6Z in the shop with a Fore triple and the guys are dropping the tanks Monday for a roll bar installation. I can get pics on how we clock the lines for you if you're still having the issue.
Old 11-26-2018, 12:13 AM
Pete2k_Z28
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dane@LGmotorsports
I've got a C6Z in the shop with a Fore triple and the guys are dropping the tanks Monday for a roll bar installation. I can get pics on how we clock the lines for you if you're still having the issue.
Hi Dane, that would be great! I think I have it all figured out but the car is still apart so I'd love to see how you guys have set it up, perhaps I could/should still make a change. I'd rather find out now than when the drivetrain etc. is back in the car and it's leaking fuel everywhere.
Old 11-26-2018, 01:17 PM
Dane@LGmotorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 641 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete2k_Z28
Hi Dane, that would be great! I think I have it all figured out but the car is still apart so I'd love to see how you guys have set it up, perhaps I could/should still make a change. I'd rather find out now than when the drivetrain etc. is back in the car and it's leaking fuel everywhere.
Pete, looks like you have them clocked correctly.
Old 11-26-2018, 02:37 PM
Pete2k_Z28
Burning Brakes

Hi Dane, thanks for looking out! It would be nice if Fore included better instructions, but I also understand the liability reasons why they just say “for professional installation”....

Get notified of new replies

To Fore tank hose position?

Quick Reply: Fore tank hose position?