Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] P0106 and P0121 codes and service traction system light and message.

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 12:11 PM
cocostroker
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0106 and P0121 codes and service traction system light and message.

Hello all, I have a 2008 Z06 with 42,000 miles. I've installed a TSP stage 3 cam and had the heads worked on over spring this year and after I put everything back together and tuned a couple codes were thrown. It displays service traction system upon start up and P0106 (Manifold Absolute Pressure), P0121 (Throttle/ pedal position sensor) codes. My Bluetooth OBD scanner and Torquelite app indicate it has 5-6 in/hg at idle. I have gone through ALL hoses and line, intake and gasket and cant seem to find a leak. I replaced the MAP sensor, no change. I am very stumped over this issue. Using regular Torquepro real time information at idle. Shows 5 in/hg.Using add on called torque scan which displays 73KPA which converts to 21 in/hg. I dont know where the discrepancy could be.

The second issue it has is p0121. It has a NIck Williams 102mm TB that I sent to NIck so he can change the TPS thinking that would resolve the issue. Deleted the codes and code came right back. I've cleaned the connector as well.

Finally the service traction system light that is displayed on the DIC upon start up and light on the dash. It doesn't seem to be effecting it, would just like to get rid of the light/message. Maybe the other issues can cause this issue? I had the chassis codes read at my mechanic's.

Any help with these issues would be highly appreciated. I've tried a few things and getting stumped pretty hard. Thanks in advanced.

Chassis codes

Torque scan displays 73KPA which converts to 21 in/hg at idle

Real time information with TorquePro displaying 5 in/hg at idle.
Old 08-21-2018, 03:23 PM
LS1Steve
Racer

Received 88 Likes on 69 Posts

I'd try swapping back to your OEM TB and seeing if that eliminates both codes. That will at least narrow it down to which component is the problem. A leaky TB can cause both those codes together.

Last edited by LS1Steve; 08-21-2018 at 03:26 PM.
The following users liked this post:
cocostroker (08-22-2018)
Old 08-21-2018, 10:02 PM
cocostroker
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply! But when I bought the car it had the Nick Williams on it and was fine the whole time before I took everything apart.

Get notified of new replies

To P0106 and P0121 codes and service traction system light and message.

Quick Reply: [Z06] P0106 and P0121 codes and service traction system light and message.