Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Ai 260cc ls7 heads. Anyone have these?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 10:04 AM
Millenium Z06

Received 312 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by gmore
Since my bump/question (still unanswered) seems to have reignited this, I'll add my 2-cents. Thread heading is requesting info on AIs 260cc service, not their 280cc. I'm guessing most(if not all) looking into this (as well as AHPs 'street port') aren't chasing HP - there are plenty of threads to fight that one out in. With this said, having read just about every LS7 head fix thread there is, seems to me the only people complaining about AHP are those who haven't used/owned them(I'm sure there are exceptions as with every product made). The only way to truly answer the HP question, is to swap out competing heads with identical 'specs', on the same car, the same day(or at least same atmospheric conditions), same tuner at the same dyno and compare - if that's been done, even I'd like to see that.

Having had multiple e-mails/conversations with Kohle, safe to say CS is top notch and am strongly considering them for this as well as their reputation for reliability, which certainly doesn't hurt resell either - always in the back of my head. I'm certainly willing to pay up a bit for CS, but for what I want (or at least what I think I want ), the AI 260cc, and maybe couple of others, are still considerations - hence my request. Without writing a book (and straying far from the thread topic myself), I'm sold on AHPs Cali 116 cam, and also considering their short block - alternative being a local SB rebuild.
You'd be wrong. It's the unsubstantiated claims of them solving the problem, there's not enough in use and not enough miles on any to come to that conclusion yet it's arbitrarily thrown around as fact. That's why you have the resistance to AHP.

​​​​​​Secondly, you have AHP say their heads are on the fastest cars on the fast list. Point those cars out to me please, anyone.
​​​​​​​Don't make claims that you cannot back up, that's what nobody likes.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:31 AM
gmore
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Millenium Z06
You'd be wrong. It's the unsubstantiated claims of them solving the problem, there's not enough in use and not enough miles on any to come to that conclusion yet it's arbitrarily thrown around as fact. That's why you have the resistance to AHP.

​​​​​​Secondly, you have AHP say their heads are on the fastest cars on the fast list. Point those cars out to me please, anyone.
Don't make claims that you cannot back up, that's what nobody likes.

Are you responding to me?! I make no claims about hp.
Why did you enter an 'AI 260cc' thread to support a 3 month old post about HP? Does AHPs existence keep you up at night? It's ok to battle just wrong place/time. I'm trying to keep the thread on point (or get back to it) to gather info and posts like yours just make thing more difficult to do so. I probably should have started a separate thread but try hard not to pile on.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:45 AM
gmore
Advanced

Don't make claims that you cannot back up, that's what nobody likes.
Missed the bold and will back track my last comment... a bit. In my extensive searching, I've have not found any AHP owners complain (maybe recall one) with many that slam them (or omit them from options) admit they've not owned AHP. My last questions stands - why this battle here and now? I revive the post for info pertaining to the thread title and it gets clouded by something that has nothing to do with the original post or my specific question. If you'd focus your issues in a related thread, it'd save us all a lot of time.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:13 AM
Millenium Z06

The original question has akrealr been answered AI 260's or 280's depending upon what you're doing.
FYI, most people probably haven't had AI heads either but are speaking from verifiable data, not someone's opinion and that's why the AHP comments were made. Find those AHP cars in the fast list yet? Who made that claim? Answer those two questions and you may see why the response has been what it was.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:17 AM
Millenium Z06

Why did you enter an 'AI 260cc' thread to support a 3 month old post about HP? Does AHPs existence keep you up at night? It's ok to battle just wrong place/time. I'm trying to keep the thread on point (or get back to it) to gather info and posts like yours just make thing more difficult to do so. I probably should have started a separate thread but try hard not to pile on.
Go back and re-read, I made no claim to HP.
It's posts like mine that challenge the BS that's regurgitated here without fact. Again, the AI question was answered along with alternative choices. You not liking the order is you but it comes from knowledgeable, experienced people.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:47 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Search off this forum and you will get a complelety different view.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:13 PM
lbzraptor
Drifting

Received 85 Likes on 66 Posts

I have the AI heads on my car. Didn't know about the AHP heads when I had mine done. Might would have gone with them for the Moldstar guides if I had known. AI is about an hour away from me and a lot of people around here use their services. All things being equal they are known for getting a few more ponies out of their head work versus anyone else that was known to me at the time.
The following users liked this post:
gmore (12-13-2018)
Old 12-13-2018, 12:59 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Cant speak for Kohle, but I believe this is what he's referring to...

Seb runs AHP re-worked heads... https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1598043836

So does rpmextra... https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1598280414
American Heritage (12-13-2018)
Old 12-13-2018, 01:52 PM
gmore
Advanced

Originally Posted by lbzraptor
I have the AI heads on my car. Didn't know about the AHP heads when I had mine done. Might would have gone with them for the Moldstar guides if I had known. AI is about an hour away from me and a lot of people around here use their services. All things being equal they are known for getting a few more ponies out of their head work versus anyone else that was known to me at the time.
Thanks for this. I'll check your profile/comments but if you've got the 260cc heads and can comment on your set-up(cam/exhaust/etc) and overall opinion (maybe change from stock) - greatly appreciated.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:10 PM
gmore
Advanced

Go back and re-read, I made no claim to HP.
It's posts like mine that challenge the BS that's regurgitated here without fact. Again, the AI question was answered along with alternative choices. You not liking the order is you but it comes from knowledgeable, experienced people.
K
My only initial mention of AHP, is that they're a consideration and they have great fb...they do. You then chime in with...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh B.
"We need to pass a referendum that while we do not agree who is best, we agree that AHP is at the bottom of the HP heap."
​​​​​This. Nut huggers, don't even start

a response to a post from 3 months ago, and then things turned into AHP battle.
I'm not asking (nor was the OP) about AHP - I can find plenty on them.
To you and all - I can't find a single user/comment/experience with AIs 260cc head and that includes this thread. Given how busy they are, I imagine they have to be offering it for a specific purpose, not just another sku. I'd love to get their response but after multiple attempts, get nothing but an auto-response. If not for the fact that they have a Golden reputation here and appear to be a better value for the options I'm considering, I'd have ruled them out but this question is my last attempt at potentially using them.
So...I'll end it with this question...
Ai 260cc ls7 heads. Anyone have these?

Last edited by gmore; 12-13-2018 at 02:16 PM.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:57 PM
RGT
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Old 12-13-2018, 04:22 PM
Millenium Z06

K
My only initial mention of AHP, is that they're a consideration and they have great fb...they do. You then chime in with...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh B.
"We need to pass a referendum that while we do not agree who is best, we agree that AHP is at the bottom of the HP heap."
​​​​​This. Nut huggers, don't even start

a response to a post from 3 months ago, and then things turned into AHP battle.
I'm not asking (nor was the OP) about AHP - I can find plenty on them.
To you and all - I can't find a single user/comment/experience with AIs 260cc head and that includes this thread. Given how busy they are, I imagine they have to be offering it for a specific purpose, not just another sku. I'd love to get their response but after multiple attempts, get nothing but an auto-response. If not for the fact that they have a Golden reputation here and appear to be a better value for the options I'm considering, I'd have ruled them out but this question is my last attempt at potentially using them.
So...I'll end it with this question...
Ai 260cc ls7 heads. Anyone have these?
What difference does it make when it was posted, it was in this thread and relevant.

I just searched and found plenty of AI head threads.
RPM uses AI heads, do a search for RPM B3 combo
Old 12-13-2018, 04:34 PM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,012 Likes on 533 Posts

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
Cant speak for Kohle, but I believe this is what he's referring to...

Seb runs AHP re-worked heads... https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1598043836

So does rpmextra... https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1598280414
Thanks Mike those were the exact two guys we we were talking about!

What difference does it make when it was posted, it was in this thread and relevant.

I just searched and found plenty of AI head threads.
RPM uses AI heads, do a search for RPM B3 combo
Mike Posted the data you were looking for....

Sorry for the derail of your thread OP...

https://www.americanheritageperformance.com/

Last edited by American Heritage; 12-13-2018 at 05:24 PM.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:14 PM
black00ta
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

To be clear to everyone, AS THE OP, I have still found hardly any information on the ai260s. This forum is such a massive disappointment when it comes to trying to get information. And this thread is the par.

That being said, I went with the AHP package 4 - unported/milled .030/ PM guides and stock springs. The heads work fine and I’ve put about 1k miles on them so far. Beyond that I have nothing more to add.

I should probably change thread title to “Sell me AHP heads and tell me what you have on your car” so others don’t waste their time.
TRSCobra (12-13-2018)
Old 12-13-2018, 10:17 PM
black00ta
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by American Heritage

Sorry for the derail of your thread OP...

https://www.americanheritageperformance.com/
This thread went off topic LONG ago lol
Old 12-14-2018, 11:35 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

How can anyone say whats best? Anybody here a machinist or is a cheap thing?Useless
Old 01-22-2019, 01:11 PM
LawrenceFromTorrance
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 113 Posts

I don't know about others on this thread but what I'm looking for in heads is first reliability, second drivability, third more performance than stock. I know if I go to extremes I can maximize the HP but at the expense of drivability. Some day I may want to sell my car and if it's jacked up potential buyers will worry about how I've been driving it and how long it will last. So I'll probably go with a moderate cam and AHP heads

Quick Reply: [Z06] Ai 260cc ls7 heads. Anyone have these?