Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Rut-row have an extra bracket

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 02:08 PM
Sleazy Rider
Le Mans Master

Received 489 Likes on 372 Posts

Default Rut-row have an extra bracket

Can anyone tell me what it is? where it goes? how much do i have to remove to install it?
i started tearing the engine down in may to send the heads to ahp to address the guide issue. in the process i sent the heads off, installed a small cam, headers and exhaust, cold air intake, suspension and coil overs. i have most everything put back together but this bracket is left over and i can't figure out where it goes, so if one of
you eagle eyed members can guide me...i'd most appreciate it.

Old 09-21-2018, 04:05 PM
Dan_the_C5_Man
Le Mans Master

Received 444 Likes on 326 Posts

It looks like the fuel rail protection bracket, to help the fuel rails to stay on the engine in a crash.

Technically, you don't have to put it back on, but if you want to, you'll need to access the rear bolts on the intake manifold, but the cowl is in the way, so off comes the intake (pretty sure about the need to pull it off to install the bracket - my bracket was eliminated with the addition of the MSD).

Last edited by Dan_the_C5_Man; 09-21-2018 at 04:07 PM.
Old 09-21-2018, 04:53 PM
Sleazy Rider
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Dan_the_C5_Man
It looks like the fuel rail protection bracket, to help the fuel rails to stay on the engine in a crash.

you'll need to access the rear bolts on the intake manifold, but the cowl is in the way.
thanks for the info

those 2 bolts are a pita, but i may just throw it in my tool box and maybe install it if i ever take the manifold off again...if i don't forget i have the thing.
one thing, does it go on the left or right side?
Old 09-21-2018, 05:59 PM
Dan_the_C5_Man
Le Mans Master

Received 444 Likes on 326 Posts

There is one on each side.. IIRC, the one on the passenger side also has the build tag (trying to recall if it was on the same bracket or a separate one - but from your picture, that would imply it's the passenger side).

In any case, the "hook" part should be vertical and the "open end" facing towards the front of the car (think "I just hit a tree, the motor is being pushed towards the firewall and this bracket is going to protect the end of my fuel rail from the firewall"), that should help you visualize how it mounts.

Last edited by Dan_the_C5_Man; 09-21-2018 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:00 PM
Sleazy Rider
Le Mans Master

yep, looks like it goes on the drivers side, i have the pass side on with the engine builders name. and it is going to be a royal pita so i threw it on the floor to go in the box. as you would have it, i stepped on it and it got locked on my shoe. reminded me of 'i got a snake in my boot'. now it's in the box until i get the energy or time to pull the manifold. looks like it's going to be in there a long long time.

Get notified of new replies

To Rut-row have an extra bracket

Quick Reply: [Z06] Rut-row have an extra bracket