Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Billy Boat or Corsa sound better?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 10:12 AM
Boostaholic
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by donny1
I have not heard either in person and it’s hard to tell from YouTube videos.

I tend to like more more of a “muscle car” sound.

I had Borla on my last car but the drone was terrible.
i have owned a corsa and had a friend with billy boats with the same heads and cam. Corsa all the way it’s so unique and badass.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:18 PM
C6Z06Silverbullet
Melting Slicks

Received 360 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by donny1
I have not heard either in person and it’s hard to tell from YouTube videos.

I tend to like more more of a “muscle car” sound.

I had Borla on my last car but the drone was terrible.
Is your car modded? Or stock? If your car is modded keep your stock exhaust with a mild to wild switch. If your car is stock go with the BBE Fusions Gen 3. My car is modded and i put the BBE Gen 3 Fusion Extremes on, now in between 1500 & 2000 rpm i have drone. I contacted BBE because they say NO DRONE, what they told me was its considered no drone if your car is stock not modded. So in hind sight i should have just kept my stock mufflers. Not to say the Fusions don't sound Great! because they do. (look great too) Just cant stand the drone. I had to change the way i drive to avoid it. I will include some links so you can hear mine. Just my opinion, take it with a grain of salt. Everyone's taste is different and with out hearing it and driving in it you will never know.

Valves open

Valves closed (not much different at idle.

On the dyno Valves Open
Old 09-24-2018, 06:21 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

The difference is night and day. Billy Boats are RAW all the time. The Corsa Sports are nice at low rpms but loud at wot. The Corsas do give a little drone in 6th going uphill.

Clif
Old 09-24-2018, 06:46 PM
AzDave47
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,499 Likes on 2,593 Posts

Originally Posted by z06clif
The difference is night and day. Billy Boats are RAW all the time. The Corsa Sports are nice at low rpms but loud at wot. The Corsas do give a little drone in 6th going uphill.

Clif
I have the B&B Fusion IIIs and find the sound in the cabin is reasonably quiet with the valves closed except for some modest drone in the 1200-1700 RPM range, HCI LS7 with ARH 2" headers, OR x-pipe, ~600 rwhp.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:19 PM
C6Z06Silverbullet
Melting Slicks

Received 360 Likes on 263 Posts

Like I said, everyone has different taste. What one likes another doesn't. When I talked with BBE they told me any variation in the heads cam ect will change the sound and or drone. To each his own. We all have bad *** Z's that sound awesome no matter what muffler is on it!
Old 09-25-2018, 02:08 PM
mrfreshmint
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by alec427
+1 for Corsa

I've had the Sports on for several months and love them. Reasonable around town and really scream when you get on it. Virtually no drone at highway/cruising speeds either.
Have the Corsa sport and I agree.
Old 09-25-2018, 07:10 PM
Z06SlapMopar
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PRT's
Old 09-25-2018, 08:51 PM
NemeZ
Pro

Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts

I have PRTs and man they sound awesome. They sound deeper than my modded mufflers and have a better tone imo. At wot they sound brutal, and are loud. But man they drone a lot. I have a very mild cam, stock manifolds with no cats. I’ve heard they were designed with headers so maybe that’s why mine drone. Other than the drone they sound perfect.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:55 PM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

Received 774 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by C6Z06Silverbullet
Is your car modded? Or stock? If your car is modded keep your stock exhaust with a mild to wild switch. If your car is stock go with the BBE Fusions Gen 3. My car is modded and i put the BBE Gen 3 Fusion Extremes on, now in between 1500 & 2000 rpm i have drone. I contacted BBE because they say NO DRONE, what they told me was its considered no drone if your car is stock not modded. So in hind sight i should have just kept my stock mufflers. Not to say the Fusions don't sound Great! because they do. (look great too) Just cant stand the drone. I had to change the way i drive to avoid it. I will include some links so you can hear mine. Just my opinion, take it with a grain of salt. Everyone's taste is different and with out hearing it and driving in it you will never know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=earkXJm2B8o Valves open

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=719pZGGeqO4&t=30s Valves closed (not much different at idle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf9zMQerOqE&t=6s On the dyno Valves Open
Man that thing chops hard! Very nice bro! I totally agree on the exhaust sounds, you can’t go wrong on sound and tone with any of the big three(Corsa,B&B,Borla) drone is so subjective it’s to hard to explain or give opinions on. Even video could sound amazing to someone but it’s a different story when inside driving. You’d have a hard time finding two people with the same drone tolerance level. Mine is literally zero, meaning I just don’t care about drone. I asked a buddy of mine about drone and different exhausts, which ones drone really bad at 2k RPMs in 6th. His response made me laugh. “I asked another buddy who’s had a few modded vettes the same question” what about drone in 6th on the interstate??? Dudes reply was awesome....”man that’s easy, down shift and drive faster” 😂😂

Quick Reply: Billy Boat or Corsa sound better?