Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

2008 Z06 High Beam Headlights Stay On

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 07:26 PM
Beech
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2008 Z06 High Beam Headlights Stay On

08 Z06, 27K mi, battery went dead so I replaced it, I finished install of the new battery and shut the car off, that is when I realized that the high beam headlights remained on when the car was shut off. I toggled the headlight Mutli Function Switch Auto On-Off, high beam on-off, and the high beams always stay on, both lights are on, I reset the Auto Off time and it did not turn off the high beam headlights. Start the car, shut if off, it flashes at 15 seconds but the high beam headlights never go off. I had to disconnect the battery. Its been raining here in Texas. What modules control the high beam headlights? How do I isolate the different modules that could keep the high beams on?
Old 10-22-2018, 08:16 AM
Apocolipse
Le Mans Master

Received 1,281 Likes on 926 Posts

Id swap the micro relay under the hood in fuse box for a known working one. It could be sticking.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:11 PM
Beech
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car sat overnight with the battery disconnected, I opened the under the hood fuse box this morning and pulled one of the High Beam headlight fuses and heard an audible "click" sound. I then pulled the second fuse, re-connected the battery and then reinserted the fuses. High Beam headlights stayed off. Not sure what made the clicking sound, it could have been the relay. Any way, all good for now.

For future reference, where is the high beam micro relay?

Last edited by Beech; 10-23-2018 at 10:02 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To 2008 Z06 High Beam Headlights Stay On

Quick Reply: 2008 Z06 High Beam Headlights Stay On