Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Rod bearings Ls7

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 01:43 PM
hy_bmw_freak
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by no0one718
If you're not hearing any knock, I see no reason to swap any engine bearings. an ls7 with 40k miles, minor upgrades, and good valve guides is a pretty tough engine. I'd go all or nothing, pull engine and do a full tear down, or keep enjoying it. What is the oil pressure like? what oil do you run?

Being in Germany, Id expect this car sees high speeds all the time...?
Also So it depends on the previous owner I drive 5w 50 Mobil car has H/C/I heads are stock with Ferrara hollow stem and end ferrara sodium exhaust valves aprox 2k Miles old and katech öilpump from previous owner
any touqer cam i dont know which one but the car Runs good no issues no problem.
My previous owner was an instructor old guy but I think he took him hard but he cared his car the heads were still up to 38k miles stock.

but if a see the Picture from @FNBADAZ06 I get scared

dou you have details from the Engine How did this happen ?? how much miles ??
Old 07-27-2020, 07:48 AM
Marco Capizzi
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 20k miles, btr stage 2 cam/heads/tune

Originally Posted by hy_bmw_freak
hey Thanks a l lot i have new Valve Guides on my stock ls7 heads thats what i make first.
=leftI ask only because the Bmw engines such as the s65b40 or s85b50 rod bearings have problems.
Believe me I'm not in the mood for spending my free time in the garage I prefer to be with my children and my family.

But what does that mean if I have an engine failure due to rod end bearing damage and spend my spare time in the garage that would cost me a lot of money and a divorce? :-) :-)

Better care than aftercare, I thought.

But if you say never touch a running system then I'll leave it that way. I do not know if the LS7 engines have rod bearings problems so I ask here.

If any one has any experience with what mileage in which state they are ....
Mine backed out a rod bearing 200 miles after my h/c job at 20k miles, motor had to come out

Quick Reply: Rod bearings Ls7