Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

GM Parts (C6 Z06 discontinued)

Old 11-10-2018, 03:44 AM
SivaSuryaKshatriya
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

One of the reasons I didn't get a Viper is because some of the gen I and gen II owners are unable to get their car running because the part they need is discontinued and impossible to find. But somehow, a lot of them still find a way to source parts, whether it be recreations or OEM. Seeing as how we share the platform with the C5 I imagine we won't have to worry about that same issue for a long time.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:55 PM
dmuellenberg
Melting Slicks

Received 177 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Hib Halverson
It's a common misconception in the car hobby that car companies are required by law to provide parts support for 10 years.

There is no such law.
Ok, no such law, but I thought it was common practice for auto manufactures to do that. It just seems odd to me that GM would discontinue parts for a 2013 after only 5 years, especially since the Corvette is considered their 'flagship'.

I understand discontinuing parts, but typically wouldn't a distributor continue to sell those parts until their inventory was depleted? In this case, it looks like GM has just pulled about 90% of the parts you can get for a C6 Z06. You can't tell me they have sold all those parts at the same time and don't have any in inventory. Just seems strange how they cut it off so abruptly. A month ago all the parts I was looking for were listed, and now magically they are all no longer available.

Last edited by dmuellenberg; 11-10-2018 at 01:56 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GM Parts (C6 Z06 discontinued)