Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] B&B Bullet VS Hooker Blackheart W/O mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 01:47 AM
charles_asselin
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B&B Bullet VS Hooker Blackheart W/O mufflers

Hi everyone. My C6Z is now in the garage for the winter and I don't know what axle back I should get before this spring. I presently have KOOKS catless X-Pipe and Headers and I don't know if I should continue with a full straight pipe setup or go a little bit ''quiet'' with the B&B Bullet axleback. Extremely loud exhaust isn't a problem for me and drone isn't an issue either. The thing is, loud doesn't always translates to a good sound... I'm sure a lot of people went that route here. Does it sound good on that platform or not?

I found a video of my setup with the B&B bullet so I pretty much know how it sounds, but I only found one decent video of a near stock C6Z (mine is stock to)with a full straight pipe with bad sound recording, so it's hard to make my mind on it.

Thanks.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:49 AM
~STOLEN~
Melting Slicks

Received 164 Likes on 136 Posts

there is a guy selling custom exhaust thats in the classifieds thats labeled "spintech exhaust" and it sounds amazing.

its a good deal, it will prob drone some BUT less than bullets

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-back-zo6.html

Last edited by ~STOLEN~; 11-14-2018 at 08:51 AM. Reason: i cant Fin spell
Old 11-14-2018, 03:02 PM
charles_asselin
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll take a look at it. Thanks.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:21 AM
turbo03cobra
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Any one tried the blackheart without mufflers setup, Im in the same boat as the OP and on the fence between the two. Car is a weekend only. So loudness is least of my worries. But like OP said I want a decent sound not hot garbage.
Old 12-10-2019, 08:22 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

I have the hookers with mufflers. Great fit/finish, and nice sounding system. Sounds good on highway, but idle and around town it is LOUD. I couldn't imagine the no mufflers not being anything but stupid loud.
The following users liked this post:
kite167 (01-23-2020)
Old 12-10-2019, 08:48 AM
Racingswh
Melting Slicks

Received 1,074 Likes on 644 Posts

C6Z straight through ARH 2" to 3" all the way back but I use BB Bullet round tips to finish it off. Resonators and conical screens are removed. Can't imagine driving it without ear protection and/or on the street. Like Unreal suspected it's just stupid loud. It's so loud you can not even get a decent sound byte inside the car. At all the smaller tracks we run at you can identify it anywhere on the track just by listening for it. Can only say that about a couple other cars usually. Way too loud for the street IMO and not the best sound.

turbo03cobra (12-11-2019)
Old 12-10-2019, 10:14 AM
captain vette
Safety Car

Received 1,209 Likes on 791 Posts

Corsa axle back sound great.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:32 PM
jaybee924
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
I have the hookers with mufflers. Great fit/finish, and nice sounding system. Sounds good on highway, but idle and around town it is LOUD. I couldn't imagine the no mufflers not being anything but stupid loud.
Unreal do you have the Hookers with the Helmholtz Style resonators and mufflers or the NPP? Do you feel like you have drone? An do you have that snap crackle and pop? I have a LS3 with the Borla Atak now I like it and screams when I get on it. I've had to many exhaust, I don't know anymore. I need to have an intervention I'm a Corvette exhaust addict. lmao
kite167 (01-23-2020)
Old 12-11-2019, 09:01 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Helmholtz, no drone, drives and sounds great, just loud at idle/low speed, but not bad at all on highway.

Snap crackle/pop is cereal and more to do with the tune than mufflers. Yes it shoots flames and all that fun stuff, but my car is also 1000+rwhp setup, so that has an effect.
Old 12-19-2019, 11:56 AM
STANG KILLA SS
Safety Car

Received 378 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by Racingswh
C6Z straight through ARH 2" to 3" all the way back but I use BB Bullet round tips to finish it off. Resonators and conical screens are removed. Can't imagine driving it without ear protection and/or on the street. Like Unreal suspected it's just stupid loud. It's so loud you can not even get a decent sound byte inside the car. At all the smaller tracks we run at you can identify it anywhere on the track just by listening for it. Can only say that about a couple other cars usually. Way too loud for the street IMO and not the best sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzvUE0KFwcM

x2 my Cammed LS7 with B&B bullets (no cat headers/X) i love loud cars, but i have to wear ear plugs on the street with this setup. cant talk to the person next to you, and within 5 minutes your ears feel and ring like youve been at a concert next to the speakers for 2 hours. . i even tried dynomatting the entire rear tub. did nothing.
on track its fine as the helmet muffles just enough.
Old 12-19-2019, 12:01 PM
NemeZ
Pro

Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts

I have the B&B PRT and it sounds amazing! Did drone a bit when it was installed but I could live with it. Took them off because it was too loud in the mornings and the recent exhaust laws in Cali.

Get notified of new replies

To B&B Bullet VS Hooker Blackheart W/O mufflers

Quick Reply: [Z06] B&B Bullet VS Hooker Blackheart W/O mufflers