Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Value guide issue continued from Nov 12 2018 AHP

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 06:48 PM
bjmsam
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

August 2015:
Originally Posted by American Heritage
We charge $2,600 (plus tax on parts) to R&R the heads in our shop. This is including all the parts and labor (package 4 heads, arp bolts, head gaskets, exh gaskets, plugs wires, oil and fluids).
February 2019:
Our current price to remove, rework your heads into our "basic" package 4 heads (w/ our PM guides) and reinstall with all parts (our head install kit) and labor is $3,350 (plus misc and tax on parts).
An increase of $750 in 3.5 years is more than I had anticipated. $3,350 installed - $1,398 heads - $429 kit = $1523 labor, which is consistent with estimates from local shops. Thank you for clarifying.

If someone wants less down time we offer a one day turn around option with use of one of our core sets.
As much as I wish to avoid downtime and associated storage fees, I remain concerned that random cores most likely would come from the bad batch identified here as discussed here. Does your package correct the rocker pivot to valve stem spacing? A better understanding of how this is addressed would help inform decisions on that front.

Last edited by bjmsam; 02-13-2019 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 07:33 PM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,012 Likes on 533 Posts

Originally Posted by bjmsam
August 2015:

February 2019:

An increase of $750 in 3.5 years is more than I had anticipated. $3,350 installed - $1,398 heads - $429 kit = $1523 labor, which is consistent with estimates from local shops. Thank you for clarifying.

As much as I wish to avoid downtime and associated storage fees, I remain concerned that random cores most likely would come from the bad batch identified here as discussed here. Does your package correct the rocker pivot to valve stem spacing? A better understanding of how this is addressed would help inform decisions on that front.
The labor is more around $1350 than $1500. There is still fluids (oil, oil filter, coolant) and misc that gets added as far as parts are concerned.
If your looking for a range of what most shops charge to R&R heads on a C6z06... Most shops are between $1,100 and $1,700 in labor depending on where you are the type of shop, etc...

We do not charge any storage fees when we are working on vehicles. In fact we only charge storage fees if a vehicle is abandoned and or not picked up after the job is complete. We never have or would charge storage while the vehicle is being serviced.

All of our core head are fully inspected and reworked to our specs. In short a brand new Reworked by us GM LS7 head and one of our Core reworked LS7 heads will be identical in every way. In other words we only keep the best of the core heads (we sell the cores that dont meet our standards via another outlet/used parts reseller). If your getting a core set from us rest assured it has been fully inspected, corrected and reworked to our very high AHP specs.

Of course you can always send in your heads to be reworked if you have any doubt. If you send in your heads you are sure to receive the exact same heads/castings back.

https://www.americanheritageperformance.com/
The following users liked this post:
bjmsam (02-13-2019)
Old 02-13-2019, 09:13 PM
mkitt27
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 53 Posts

OP, have you checked with local Corvette clubs for shop recommendations? That is what I did.

Quick Reply: Value guide issue continued from Nov 12 2018 AHP