Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Testing coolant fan / controller

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 07:10 PM
JeremyMalin
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Testing coolant fan / controller

Does anyone know the right way or sequence to wire the controller and get it to kick on? I’m trying to determine if it’s bad or something else.
Old 12-11-2018, 07:42 PM
JeremyMalin
Instructor

Well it seems that it’s red power, black ground and the small wire is “pulse” for the variable speed. Crazy though. , I hit red with power and black with ground and the fan didn’t come on. Plugged it back up, ran the car to temp with ac on and it did. Although I’m bothered by how little air I think it put out. And the fan makes almost no sound to 185 degrees with a 160 thermostat. I don’t know if it matters, but I’m tuned and the thermostat was taken in to account.

Last edited by JeremyMalin; 12-11-2018 at 07:43 PM.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:20 PM
BAAD LS2
Pro

Received 166 Likes on 100 Posts
2018 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2017 C6 of Year

A lower temp thermostat doesn't change the temp at which the fans turn on. I don't believe you can set the tune so the fans come on before 192.5*.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:39 PM
JeremyMalin
Instructor

So it turns out that the temp can be changed in tuning. I only say this because my fans were running at 180 degrees. But I think I found my issue as well. It looks like when we were doing this last set of upgrades a small amount of coolant may have gotten on the harness side of the plug while everything was torn down. We checked and received an error relating to an issue with the variable speed circuit. I think that was caused by the before mentioned coolant. Hopefully I will know more tomorrow when I have time to tinker with it.

Get notified of new replies

To Testing coolant fan / controller

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Testing coolant fan / controller