Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Radio working/not working with electrical interuption

Old 12-11-2018, 07:59 PM
bobandc
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Radio working/not working with electrical interuption

I had my 2007 Z06 in to the dealer for some work this spring. The work required the battery to be disconnected. When I got the vehicle back the radio did not work. I went back to the dealer (drove about 3 miles) waited for an hour or so and got the car back with a working radio. The dealer tells me that there was an "internal fuse" in the radio that had blown and that they fixed it, but that it was a problem with the radio that they were not responsible for it and noted that it would likely quit again "soon". A few weeks later the radio quit. Based upon the previous conversation with the dealer it was clear I was on my own.

I figured I'd replace the radio myself over the winter, so I lived with the dead radio over the summer. Today I went out to start the car and the battery was dead. I put a charger on the car and while I was waiting for the battery to charge I sat down in the car and the radio started working.

I know the radios are poorly made and I'll replace it at some point, but I am hoping someone here knows what the variable is and can give me some advice as to what the problem is and what can be done to keep the radio working IF such an answer exists.

Thanks in advance,
bob
Old 12-14-2018, 09:11 AM
bobandc
Instructor

Any thoughts? My concern now is that I replace the radio and it doesn't fix the problem.
Old 12-14-2018, 01:59 PM
minavizz
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

by the dealer saying "internal fuse" i assume the fuse is in the radio head unit itself?
if thats the case than i would bet a new head unit should be a fix.
Old 12-14-2018, 07:31 PM
bobandc
Instructor

Originally Posted by minavizz
by the dealer saying "internal fuse" i assume the fuse is in the radio head unit itself?
if thats the case than i would bet a new head unit should be a fix.
Essentially that what they told me, but when I was jumping the car this past weekend the radio worked. Now that the charger is off the battery the radio is dead again. Is this a radio problem or something else? If it's something else a head replacement won't do me any good.

Get notified of new replies

To Radio working/not working with electrical interuption

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Radio working/not working with electrical interuption