Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Mamo/ECS Results are in-Mostly

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2018, 10:16 PM
ssbowtie1
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Apocolipse
And people wonder why all the sr members of this forum are leaving...
I've learned to spot avatars/usernames and instinctively skip over the replies because I know it will be a useless reply. The block button works well too. But overall I still love the forum, don't let a few people spoil it for you...
Old 12-25-2018, 11:06 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Reason the facebook groups are so much better. When you block someone, they disappear, and don't have to see other people responding to them, or deal with their junk anymore.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:25 AM
Navy Blue 210
Pro

Received 196 Likes on 148 Posts

Grabbin Gears, Happy New Year!
Did you address your Fueling issues?
Any Updates?
Old 01-06-2019, 01:23 AM
Grabbin Gears
Heel & Toe

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Haven’t added the line or rails yet. I’m also surprised to se pressure dropping off, but figured it’s worth adding the larger supply lines. Yes, uncorrected it is just over 715 whp. I know altitude corrections can sku things at times. That said, the same shop had one on E98 putting down 970hp and at sea level it actually put 990 with a 2% correction factor.

Doug, yes this is the car with flames on it that your shop once worked on.

Hoping to to have the lines done in the next few weeks and see if that addresses the issue.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:00 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by Grabbin Gears
Haven’t added the line or rails yet. I’m also surprised to se pressure dropping off, but figured it’s worth adding the larger supply lines. Yes, uncorrected it is just over 715 whp. I know altitude corrections can sku things at times. That said, the same shop had one on E98 putting down 970hp and at sea level it actually put 990 with a 2% correction factor.

Doug, yes this is the car with flames on it that your shop once worked on.

Hoping to to have the lines done in the next few weeks and see if that addresses the issue.
Wow that car made it around the country! I think it was one of the first H/C packages we did on C6Z maybe. (it was a while ago)
Old 02-13-2019, 02:41 PM
Grabbin Gears
Heel & Toe

Updated results in the first post, running strong! 908hp and 809 trq, made about the same numbers on 3 consecutive pulls.

I was was surprised the factory lines and rails caused a restriction like they did. Before they adjusted the tune for the new flow it went pig rich up top and they had to lean it back out. Just goes to show it’s not all about pressure, volume matters as well.

Last edited by Grabbin Gears; 02-13-2019 at 03:07 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:35 PM
Navy Blue 210
Pro

Received 196 Likes on 148 Posts

Grabbin Gears,
Excellant Results,
908 RWHP from 8.5 lbs of boost!
That is obviously a very efficient Head & Intake set up you have there.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:53 PM
Apocolipse
Le Mans Master

Received 1,287 Likes on 932 Posts

Just goes to show it’s not all about pressure, volume matters as well.
Well...that is physics - bernoulli to be exact.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:17 PM
Grabbin Gears
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Navy Blue 210
Grabbin Gears,
Excellant Results,
908 RWHP from 8.5 lbs of boost!
That is obviously a very efficient Head & Intake set up you have there.
Yes, the top end package seems to love the boost. The tune that was in it before the supercharger was off and not a good baseline, but it picked up over 365hp by adding the blower on the same dyno. I’m actually slightly over spinning this blower and the boost is low, showing how well the heads/intake flow. Although I’m sure some of the boost loss is from altitude. Loving the setup so far, now I just need to get some warmer weather to see what it can put down.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:26 AM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Received 905 Likes on 370 Posts

Yes, the top end package seems to love the boost. The tune that was in it before the supercharger was off and not a good baseline, but it picked up over 365hp by adding the blower on the same dyno. I’m actually slightly over spinning this blower and the boost is low, showing how well the heads/intake flow. Although I’m sure some of the boost loss is from altitude. Loving the setup so far, now I just need to get some warmer weather to see what it can put down.
As soon as I saw the valve covers I remembered who you were! (and my wanting not to cut on them!!.....LOL)

Fantastic results.....I meant to hop in here awhile back when you first posted and life (my business) got in the way Im sure.

Anyway Im here now to say congrats and obviously the extra effort to follow things through and sort out some of the issues paid off handsomely as these things tend to do.

There are a handful if interesting things going on here.....obviously the huge gain in power on low boost from a street blower is first and foremost.

What is interesting about this is "Internet wisdom" will tell you (and who hasn't seen this typed) "You don't need good heads with a boosted combo" with the ironic twist being that you actually benefit more from good heads in a forced induction application than you would naturally aspirated and this is a real world example of that very fact. Your gains are amplified from the additional pressure blowers and turbos create (N/A engines are boosted also......but only with one atmosphere of pressure!). I think a better catch phrase would be you don't need good heads as much when boosted to make a larger number than an N/A combo would see but optimizing a boosted combo pays you major dividends. And a larger blower working even less would make even more power at the same modest boost level seen here.

Heads....manifolds etc that make excellent power N/A will look even better boosted as boost is simply a measurement of restriction and better parts move alot ,more air before you see the same level of restriction a part less optimized would show hence the larger numbers at the rear wheels.

Anyway....some points of interest and things to think about for sure...the main reason I wanted to hop on here was to give you a thumbs up on the results and the extra effort you went through to get the issues sorted out for even more power. I know its been quite awhile to get from us originally discussing my cylinder heads to the results your enjoying today. A larger blower down the road (not spinning as fast) would make 1000 RWHP+ easy and still with only modest amounts of boost!

Cheers,
Tony

Please take the time to also visit my website at www.MamoMotorsports.com
Old 02-14-2019, 05:58 AM
Grabbin Gears
Heel & Toe

Tony,

Thanks for chiming in and for the great product. It has been a long time coming, I think I actually got these heads from you two years ago and finally have it all together. As we discussed then, I agree flow importance is compounded not negated with boost.

I know I could get more out of this with a bigger blower, and I’m sure some will point out they have made as much with this one. What I was looking for most is the power under the curve, which I feel this combo delivers on. As you look at the graph it is making almost 600lbs of torque by 3500rpm and based on gearing should not drop below 800hp at any point during shifts. This should be able to net me faster exceleration then most with the similar hp.

We’ve all see those stories that my H/C/I beat a blower car with X amount more power. That happens because of the power under the curve. My hopes was to build supercharged power with an N/A type curve. Seems to have delivered so far, real world results will be coming this summer.

Quick Reply: Mamo/ECS Results are in-Mostly