Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track Advertisement

[ZR1] ZR1 Issue wont rev up!

Old 01-18-2019, 10:41 AM
JonathanZr1
CF Member

Originally Posted by Texasthunder View Post
I'm wondering ,with the flex fuel sensor missing, if it is running out of fuel.
That's on option too. That's why I want to install the flex fuel sensor to see what happens. because if the ECM is still programmed to use one and does not have it the engine will work poorly.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:01 PM
JMB
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by JonathanZr1 View Post
That's on option too. That's why I want to install the flex fuel sensor to see what happens. because if the ECM is still programmed to use one and does not have it the engine will work poorly.
Have you heard back from David Steck at DSX?

Old 01-19-2019, 01:15 PM
JonathanZr1
CF Member

Originally Posted by JMB View Post
Have you heard back from David Steck at DSX?
Yes I did, He says that if the ECM is programmed to have a flex fuel sensor and not having it the will work very poorly. So let's hope it's the flex fuel sensor. Next week it will arrive.
The Following User Says Thank You to JonathanZr1 For This Useful Post:
JMB (01-19-2019)
Old 02-03-2019, 01:44 PM
veech
CF Senior Member

Ever check the injectors? Even untuned with a can it should still run/drive

try swapping another set of plug wires... I’ve had bad wires do the same thing before
Old 02-06-2019, 04:57 PM
JonathanZr1
CF Member

Originally Posted by veech View Post
Ever check the injectors? Even untuned with a can it should still run/drive

try swapping another set of plug wires... I’ve had bad wires do the same thing before
I did not check the injectors. Gonna check the plug wires too
Old 02-07-2019, 08:00 AM
MontanaZR1

Why not hook up a Tech 2 and see whats going on with all these voltages? There MUST be something going on here that makes sense. If it was a a ground issue it would be obvious with the sensor voltages.
Old 02-07-2019, 03:55 PM
JonathanZr1
CF Member

Originally Posted by MontanaZR1 View Post
Why not hook up a Tech 2 and see whats going on with all these voltages? There MUST be something going on here that makes sense. If it was a a ground issue it would be obvious with the sensor voltages.
I don't think anyone has that Tech 2 where I live. Yes indeed yesterday I just found out that I have a bad ground. So i'm trying to fix it and see what happens.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:21 PM
stefuel
CF Senior Member

No local Tech 2 available I'd get a VCX nano for GM and see what that'll do for you. Sounds like you bought it not running. You may have parts on it that require programming or learning for it to run correctly. A Tech 2 or something like it will identify what parts are not set up correctly. Just pulling codes is not going to help much. Have you confirmed that the throttle body is moving on command? It sucks not knowing what was done to it before you got it. Was this the salvage ZR-1 that was burned on the drivers side front?
Old 02-10-2019, 07:44 PM
stefuel
CF Senior Member

Decided to investigate a little deeper. Was a Copart salvage car hit hard in the front and sold with bill of sale "parts only" No title You have your work cut out for you
Old 02-13-2019, 03:22 PM
JonathanZr1
CF Member

Originally Posted by stefuel View Post
No local Tech 2 available I'd get a VCX nano for GM and see what that'll do for you. Sounds like you bought it not running. You may have parts on it that require programming or learning for it to run correctly. A Tech 2 or something like it will identify what parts are not set up correctly. Just pulling codes is not going to help much. Have you confirmed that the throttle body is moving on command? It sucks not knowing what was done to it before you got it. Was this the salvage ZR-1 that was burned on the drivers side front?
No the car wasn't burned at all. I actually know now who the owner was. So I have all information right now. All it needs right now it's a tuning and I'm done.
Old 02-13-2019, 03:27 PM
JonathanZr1
CF Member

[QUOTE=stefuel;1598854825]Decided to investigate a little deeper. Was a Copart salvage car hit hard in the front and sold with bill of sale "parts only" No title You have your work cut out for you
[/QUOT
E]

Yes that's her. Well for many guys it may be a "hard" hit but actually it wasn't. Chassis did't had any damage, And I know because I own a body shop. The owner gave the tittle to the insurance company but copart listed the car with that title. And I made contact with the insurance company and the give me the tittle. It's a salvage tittle that I have now. But my problem is already solved since I know the previous owner now. The car made 900 rwhp, NO NOS. So i'm a very lucky guy
Old 02-13-2019, 03:32 PM
pcguy2u
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

So you found the issue with the engine? Was it some part or is it all in the tune?
Old 02-13-2019, 03:38 PM
JonathanZr1
CF Member

Originally Posted by pcguy2u View Post
So you found the issue with the engine? Was it some part or is it all in the tune?
It's all in the tune. The car had bigger snout, bigger throttle body, port and polish supercharger, smaller pulley, it has a stage 3 cam in it. trunnion head gasket, dashlogic, wideband, rocker arms, head studs are changed too and the car is running on E85. So now i'm contacting Kong performance because he did all the work. getting a new tune and i'm all set man!
Old 02-13-2019, 03:45 PM
pcguy2u
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Please be sure to let us know how it goes....

Thanks,
Nick
Old 02-13-2019, 03:48 PM
JonathanZr1
CF Member

Originally Posted by pcguy2u View Post
Please be sure to let us know how it goes....

Thanks,
Nick
Will do bro! THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [ZR1] ZR1 Issue wont rev up!

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: