Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] ZR1 Issue wont rev up!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 02:11 PM
JonathanZr1
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ZR1 Issue wont rev up!

Hi Corvette family,

I am currently having some issues with my zr1 at this moment, The car starts normally but will not rev up. not even up to 2000rpm it shuts down immediately. It came with a auxiliary pump but without the fuel sensor. Now I don't know if because im missing that part that the car doesn't run normal.

I don't know if anyone here had the same issue going around or its just me.

Please corvette family I really need your help. Its my dream car and I wanne make some burnout sooo bad.

Thank you for taking your time for reading this.

Looking forward for any answer.

Thx
-Jonathan.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:22 PM
SalsZO6
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Who tuned it? Sounds like something related with the tune. Is there any check engine lights on?
The following users liked this post:
JonathanZr1 (01-11-2019)
Old 01-10-2019, 06:40 PM
Texasthunder
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 381 Likes on 281 Posts

Going to need a lot more information than that.
JonathanZr1 (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 08:59 AM
JonathanZr1
Advanced

I really don't know who tuned the car bought the car on auction. So when the car arrives at me like that. Now i'm finishing it but it does not rev up. It has ATI crank pulley, Kooks Headers, Kooks X-pipe and stock exhaust. It has the auxiliary pump (DSX) it when it starts it sounds like it has a cam. The car came without the fuel line on the firewall, without the vacuum lines and came with a green belt I think it had a smaller pulley but they took it out and put back the oem one because I had to buy another belt.
All I know is that im the 3rd owner I have car fax and everything. I bought the car in CO. Brighton It's a White Zr1 3RZ

I just wish to know who the previous owner was
Old 01-11-2019, 09:04 AM
JonathanZr1
Advanced

Originally Posted by Texasthunder
Going to need a lot more information than that.
What do you need to know? The car has ATI pulley crank, Kooks headers,Kooks x-pipe and DSX auxiliary pump. It has a check engine light when i scan the car it gaves me a code that it one sensor of the supercharger, when I plug out the connection of the dsx sensor to the sensor of the supercharger check engine turns off. The car came without air intake box and without MAP sensor so I bought that new to GM OEM. When I plug out the map sensor the car starts normally but when the map sensor in connected it does not start at all. Even when the check engine is off the car will still not rev up.

Let me know if you can help me or need anymore information.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:41 AM
Texasthunder
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

With all the missing parts, parts replaced with other parts it's going to be tough to tell you how to fix it. Without seeing the car, we can guess all day long on what is missing or not working. Try to find a local shop to help you. You will save a lot of money.
JonathanZr1 (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 09:45 AM
JonathanZr1
Advanced

With all the missing parts, parts replaced with other parts it's going to be tough to tell you how to fix it. Without seeing the car, we can guess all day long on what is missing or not working. Try to find a local shop to help you. You will save a lot of money.
Will do bro. Thx anyways for your time.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:49 AM
pcguy2u
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by JonathanZr1
It has a check engine light (ON AND) when i scan the car it gaves me a code (WHAT CODE?) that ("it" REMOVE? ) one sensor of the supercharger (WHICH SENSOR AND IS WHAT?). (IS THIS A NEW SENTENCE?) when I plug out the connection of the dsx sensor to the sensor of the supercharger check engine turns off.(DO YOU MEAN THAT THE CEL TURNS OFF WHEN YOU UNPLUG THE DSX WIRING FROM THE SUPERCHARGER, OR?)
You need to be more clear about what you're saying. Use shorter sentences.

Sorry, but all the above makes my reading comprehension difficult...

Nick
Old 01-11-2019, 11:02 AM
JonathanZr1
Advanced

Originally Posted by pcguy2u

Nick
Hi Nick, Yes the check engine comes on when the DSX it plugged in the supercharger sensor of the zr1. When I unplug it check engine light turns off but still not manage to rev up. It's GM 3 Bar map sensor. I thought it was a bad sensor but seems like its good.
Do you have Instagram or fb? So I can send you some pics and videos so maybe you can see what i'm talking about?

Thx for your help and time man. Appreciate it.

Let me know.
Thx.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:27 AM
pcguy2u
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

(what code?)
Old 01-11-2019, 11:36 AM
Sox-Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 345 Likes on 266 Posts

Nick
English might not be his first language given that his location is listed as Curacao. I guarantee you that he's communicating a hell of a lot better in English than you do in Dutch. Give the guy a break. He came here for help with his Corvette, not for English lessons.
JonathanZr1 (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 11:49 AM
Texasthunder
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

With this car having aftermarket parts (some missing) I don't think it is money wise (for him) for us to try to piece mill it back together without being there in person to check it out. Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:32 PM
pcguy2u
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Sox-Fan
English might not be his first language given that his location is listed as Curacao. I guarantee you that he's communicating a hell of a lot better in English than you do in Dutch. Give the guy a break. He came here for help with his Corvette, not for English lessons.
No intent to provide lessons; only trying to get the point across that the subject is complicated and it's further complicated by the details provided. The code may be helpful as was the OP's follow-up.

The other complicating factor is the likely lack of competent/experienced vette mechanics so he may not have any resources that will be able to help...

Good point about my Dutch though...
Sox-Fan (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 12:50 PM
JonathanZr1
Advanced

(what code?)
Just called the guy that scanned my car. He's gonna look in his history to let me know the code.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:53 PM
JonathanZr1
Advanced

With this car having aftermarket parts (some missing) I don't think it is money wise (for him) for us to try to piece mill it back together without being there in person to check it out. Just my 2 cents worth.
It's true. There were some missing parts but I did buy them all new again. The only thing i'm missing now is the DSX flex fuel sensor. Besides that everything is new on the car.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:59 PM
JonathanZr1
Advanced

No intent to provide lessons; only trying to get the point across that the subject is complicated and it's further complicated by the details provided. The code may be helpful as was the OP's follow-up.

The other complicating factor is the likely lack of competent/experienced vette mechanics so he may not have any resources that will be able to help...

Good point about my Dutch though...
Yes, It's my first V8 in my life so now i'm a noobie Will contact you as soon as I have the codes. But like I told you before, When I pull out the DSX plug out of this sensor (see pic) and plug the one that comes from GM the check engine light turn off but still no rev. If you have any other social media I can provide you some videos.

Thx for your time.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:16 PM
Woods
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That sensor is the Map Sensor and the DSX aux pump utilizes it to turn on and off.

Is the PnP controller plug in? You still may be missing some DSX componets

The heart of the system is a DSX Tuning proprietary PnP controller that plugs into the MAP sensor. There's no need to tap vacuum lines or install a Hobbs switch as the DSX Tuning controller utilizes the electrical signal from the MAP to trigger the pump. The controller is incorporated into an easy to install harness with minimal connections to ensure the end user doesn't have to do any wiring. The pump is activated at 9psi (164kPa) and shuts off when falling below 7psi.

Link:
https://dsxtuning.com/

Good luck

Last edited by Woods; 01-11-2019 at 03:16 PM.
JonathanZr1 (01-11-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To ZR1 Issue wont rev up!

Old 01-11-2019, 03:32 PM
ROCKGT
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Not trying to be funny, but a friend left a Mustang in our building that had to be removed and it would not rev over 2,250 rpm. It wasn't until he came back that we learned he had the ECU on Valet mode.
JonathanZr1 (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 04:38 PM
Texasthunder
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ROCKGT
Not trying to be funny, but a friend left a Mustang in our building that had to be removed and it would not rev over 2,250 rpm. It wasn't until he came back that we learned he had the ECU on Valet mode.
Good point
Old 01-11-2019, 04:39 PM
JonathanZr1
Advanced

Originally Posted by Woods
That sensor is the Map Sensor and the DSX aux pump utilizes it to turn on and off.

Is the PnP controller plug in? You still may be missing some DSX componets

The heart of the system is a DSX Tuning proprietary PnP controller that plugs into the MAP sensor. There's no need to tap vacuum lines or install a Hobbs switch as the DSX Tuning controller utilizes the electrical signal from the MAP to trigger the pump. The controller is incorporated into an easy to install harness with minimal connections to ensure the end user doesn't have to do any wiring. The pump is activated at 9psi (164kPa) and shuts off when falling below 7psi.

Link:
https://dsxtuning.com/

Good luck
YES!!! That sensor is for that. It's on the supercharger. Yes everything is plugged in correctly. When I unplug the DSX sensor out of that sensor the check engine light turn off but still can rev the car. Starts normally and everything but no rev. If I put my feet on the pedal and floor it, it turns off immediately. Yes I know i'm missing some other DSX component. Thats why I just ordered the flex fuel sensor. I have a black wire that comes out of the ECU and on that wire I have to plug the DSX fuel sensor.

So maybe my problem is that.

Quick Reply: [ZR1] ZR1 Issue wont rev up!