Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] ZR1 Issue wont rev up!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 09:41 AM
JonathanZr1
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Texasthunder
I'm wondering ,with the flex fuel sensor missing, if it is running out of fuel.
That's on option too. That's why I want to install the flex fuel sensor to see what happens. because if the ECM is still programmed to use one and does not have it the engine will work poorly.
Old 01-18-2019, 08:01 PM
JMB
Melting Slicks

Received 452 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by JonathanZr1
That's on option too. That's why I want to install the flex fuel sensor to see what happens. because if the ECM is still programmed to use one and does not have it the engine will work poorly.
Have you heard back from David Steck at DSX?

Old 01-19-2019, 12:15 PM
JonathanZr1
Advanced

Originally Posted by JMB
Have you heard back from David Steck at DSX?
Yes I did, He says that if the ECM is programmed to have a flex fuel sensor and not having it the will work very poorly. So let's hope it's the flex fuel sensor. Next week it will arrive.
The following users liked this post:
JMB (01-19-2019)
Old 02-03-2019, 12:44 PM
veech
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Ever check the injectors? Even untuned with a can it should still run/drive

try swapping another set of plug wires... I’ve had bad wires do the same thing before
Old 02-06-2019, 03:57 PM
JonathanZr1
Advanced

Originally Posted by veech
Ever check the injectors? Even untuned with a can it should still run/drive

try swapping another set of plug wires... I’ve had bad wires do the same thing before
I did not check the injectors. Gonna check the plug wires too
Old 02-07-2019, 07:00 AM
MontanaZR1
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Why not hook up a Tech 2 and see whats going on with all these voltages? There MUST be something going on here that makes sense. If it was a a ground issue it would be obvious with the sensor voltages.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:55 PM
JonathanZr1
Advanced

Originally Posted by MontanaZR1
Why not hook up a Tech 2 and see whats going on with all these voltages? There MUST be something going on here that makes sense. If it was a a ground issue it would be obvious with the sensor voltages.
I don't think anyone has that Tech 2 where I live. Yes indeed yesterday I just found out that I have a bad ground. So i'm trying to fix it and see what happens.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:21 PM
stefuel
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 116 Posts

No local Tech 2 available I'd get a VCX nano for GM and see what that'll do for you. Sounds like you bought it not running. You may have parts on it that require programming or learning for it to run correctly. A Tech 2 or something like it will identify what parts are not set up correctly. Just pulling codes is not going to help much. Have you confirmed that the throttle body is moving on command? It sucks not knowing what was done to it before you got it. Was this the salvage ZR-1 that was burned on the drivers side front?
Old 02-10-2019, 06:44 PM
stefuel
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 116 Posts

Decided to investigate a little deeper. Was a Copart salvage car hit hard in the front and sold with bill of sale "parts only" No title You have your work cut out for you
Old 02-13-2019, 02:22 PM
JonathanZr1
Advanced

Originally Posted by stefuel
No local Tech 2 available I'd get a VCX nano for GM and see what that'll do for you. Sounds like you bought it not running. You may have parts on it that require programming or learning for it to run correctly. A Tech 2 or something like it will identify what parts are not set up correctly. Just pulling codes is not going to help much. Have you confirmed that the throttle body is moving on command? It sucks not knowing what was done to it before you got it. Was this the salvage ZR-1 that was burned on the drivers side front?
No the car wasn't burned at all. I actually know now who the owner was. So I have all information right now. All it needs right now it's a tuning and I'm done.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:27 PM
JonathanZr1
Advanced

[QUOTE=stefuel;1598854825]Decided to investigate a little deeper. Was a Copart salvage car hit hard in the front and sold with bill of sale "parts only" No title You have your work cut out for you
[/QUOT
E]

Yes that's her. Well for many guys it may be a "hard" hit but actually it wasn't. Chassis did't had any damage, And I know because I own a body shop. The owner gave the tittle to the insurance company but copart listed the car with that title. And I made contact with the insurance company and the give me the tittle. It's a salvage tittle that I have now. But my problem is already solved since I know the previous owner now. The car made 900 rwhp, NO NOS. So i'm a very lucky guy
Old 02-13-2019, 02:32 PM
pcguy2u
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 77 Posts

So you found the issue with the engine? Was it some part or is it all in the tune?
Old 02-13-2019, 02:38 PM
JonathanZr1
Advanced

Originally Posted by pcguy2u
So you found the issue with the engine? Was it some part or is it all in the tune?
It's all in the tune. The car had bigger snout, bigger throttle body, port and polish supercharger, smaller pulley, it has a stage 3 cam in it. trunnion head gasket, dashlogic, wideband, rocker arms, head studs are changed too and the car is running on E85. So now i'm contacting Kong performance because he did all the work. getting a new tune and i'm all set man!
Old 02-13-2019, 02:45 PM
pcguy2u
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 77 Posts

Please be sure to let us know how it goes....

Thanks,
Nick
Old 02-13-2019, 02:48 PM
JonathanZr1
Advanced

Originally Posted by pcguy2u
Please be sure to let us know how it goes....

Thanks,
Nick
Will do bro! THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2019, 12:24 PM
JonathanZr1
Advanced

Originally Posted by JonathanZr1
Will do bro! THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!

Sub corvette family!!

Just wanted to let all off you guys know that I AM READY!!!! It was all in the tuning. Sended the tuning for Greg Kong of Kong Performance and he made a NEW one! And in a couple of minutes the car started, revs check engine turns off. The car runs smooth. Great power!!! All of this thx to Kong performance and U guys. Thank every single person that took there time to write me and your ideas.

For every guy that has a corvette ZR1 or LT4-LT5. Man search no further, Kong Performance is the place to be. Best customer service ever. Will answer every single question. With Kong you can't go Wrong! For me he's the best out there in the ZR1 world. You can contact him everywhere. Any social media from Facebook to Instagram or Email or even call him. Don't forget I don't live in US so it was a little difficult for me but hey, Greg helped me out tremendously. Words aren't enough to thank Greg Kong.

Here you can visit Kong Performance website : https://kongperform.com

Now I can finally do some burnout!!!

Thx again guys!

Salute From Curaçao to all of U in the States!!!!
The following 4 users liked this post by JonathanZr1:
Colonel (08-25-2022), Greg@KongPerformance (04-15-2019), JMB (04-15-2019), Sox-Fan (04-16-2019)
Old 04-15-2019, 01:14 PM
I brake for nothing
Burning Brakes

Received 143 Likes on 88 Posts

Cool end to this story.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:23 PM
vettedawg2
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Congrats!
Old 04-16-2019, 05:23 PM
KurtsZ06
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Glad you found the solution. I was hesitant to chime in. Fact is, my aftermarket car alarm in my 911 disables the engine by no revs and shutdown if the key fob is not present.
Would like it in my Z06, maybe down the road.

posted this in case someone has a similar issue after having a car shipped to them with a no start, no rev scenario.

Quick Reply: [ZR1] ZR1 Issue wont rev up!