Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] LG Motorsports New ZR1 Build

Old 01-17-2019, 01:11 PM
Mordeth
Melting Slicks

Received 1,678 Likes on 878 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10, '17

Good luck with the build Dane! And ignore the loudmouths who always have an unsolicited, narrow-minded opinion to share. They aren't worth responding to. LG products have led me to multiple 1st place finishes, class wins and overall race wins in actual sanctioned races (not Dyno jerk-off parties).

​​​​​​755whp would be a solid number though.
The following users liked this post:
Dane@LGmotorsports (01-17-2019)
Old 01-17-2019, 01:22 PM
Bigjsn250
Pro

Received 141 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Dane@LGmotorsports
I’m sending the bricks to ProSpeed, forgot that on my thread.

We’ve been in business for 30 years and maybe you didn’t know that we won the spectre 341 hill climb back to back years with a highly modified ZR1. This car has been stock for 8 years and a street car, I assure you he won’t be removing the intake, the Alky is there primarily for if he wants to run 93 because 85 is semi accessible where he is. Kooks 2” is will yield a higher dyno number but lose torque. This is meant to be a fun thread about a build take your keyboard elsewhere.
I know all you about you guys. What you did yesterday means nothing if you are recommending the wrong stuff today. I notice you have no comment on the radiator not being needed??? The fact is you want to sell as many LG parts as you can, no matter if it's best for the application or not. You work at LG, I get it, it's a business, you are doing your job. Just do not expect to come on here and not be called out on it.

The intake is a restriction in that set up and for virtually the same cost it can be fixed, you just do not want to admit it.

The header comment might be true on a 400 or 500hp application, but there is dyno sheet after dyno sheet on this forum that shows you are incorrect. Lets say it was true and he did lost some torque down low and gain HP up top, is that a bad thing on a PD torque monster that first gear is completely useless even with drag radials. Gee, you lost 5 lb ft of torque where you can't use it anyway. Once again, I get it, you make way more money selling LG headers than you do Kooks. I'll even concede that if the LG's are cheaper and he doesn't ever plan on modding more then they will be fine.

If a MOD tells me to take my opinion and keyboard elsewhere, I gladly will.

Anyone who thinks that set up, through that intake, with no porting is going to make 800 rwhp is high as a kite. Add an AUX pump, bigger intake and porting then you will be in the 800s
Old 01-17-2019, 01:42 PM
lt1z
Melting Slicks

Received 170 Likes on 143 Posts

746 on a dynojet

Last edited by lt1z; 01-17-2019 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-17-2019, 02:27 PM
BAAD LS2
Pro

Received 166 Likes on 100 Posts
2018 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2017 C6 of Year

740whp on a dynojet
Old 01-17-2019, 02:52 PM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Originally Posted by Mordeth
Good luck with the build Dane! And ignore the loudmouths who always have an unsolicited, narrow-minded opinion to share. They aren't worth responding to. LG products have led me to multiple 1st place finishes, class wins and overall race wins in actual sanctioned races (not Dyno jerk-off parties).

​​​​​​755whp would be a solid number though.
Come on Bro... Of course you are going to back LG.... LG doesn't drive your car and win those races.. you do "respectfully".
Most of these "loudmouths" as you call them that I see replying own and drive C6ZR1's.. Although they may not be "experts" on the subject their opinions have some merit. Even you can acknowledge that.

I am local (Dallas), know Lou, and have been one of those loudmouths challenging his ummmm, "delivery" for lack of a better term. I have in the past been a customer of LG... In light of that I think I too am entitled to my opinion.

Regarding this thread... I did make a "positive" comment as I am sure it is going to be a screamer. I have NO issues with Dane to be clear. It goes w/o saying that I have no issues with you either Anthony.. Just one mans objective/subjective opinion.

Old 01-17-2019, 02:55 PM
Dane@LGmotorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 631 Likes on 397 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigjsn250
I know all you about you guys. What you did yesterday means nothing if you are recommending the wrong stuff today. I notice you have no comment on the radiator not being needed??? The fact is you want to sell as many LG parts as you can, no matter if it's best for the application or not. You work at LG, I get it, it's a business, you are doing your job. Just do not expect to come on here and not be called out on it.

The intake is a restriction in that set up and for virtually the same cost it can be fixed, you just do not want to admit it.

The header comment might be true on a 400 or 500hp application, but there is dyno sheet after dyno sheet on this forum that shows you are incorrect. Lets say it was true and he did lost some torque down low and gain HP up top, is that a bad thing on a PD torque monster that first gear is completely useless even with drag radials. Gee, you lost 5 lb ft of torque where you can't use it anyway. Once again, I get it, you make way more money selling LG headers than you do Kooks. I'll even concede that if the LG's are cheaper and he doesn't ever plan on modding more then they will be fine.

If a MOD tells me to take my opinion and keyboard elsewhere, I gladly will.

Anyone who thinks that set up, through that intake, with no porting is going to make 800 rwhp is high as a kite. Add an AUX pump, bigger intake and porting then you will be in the 800s
The factory radiator on the ZR1 is all aluminum you are correct, ours has a larger core and will cool better. The car will be street driven in Texas where we do experience high temperatures and a radiator will be beneficial for the customer.

Recently finished up a whipple ZL1 camaro build, very similar builds out there making 935whp and 860-870lb ft of torque on 2" headers. This one made 918 whp/917lb ft. So we lost 17hp and gained 47lb/ft by using our 1 7/8". I would rather rely on my personal experience than dyno numbers posted on a forum.

Of course the Lingenfelter intake is a restriction when you compare it to larger intakes. What is there to admit? That I spec'ed the build with a Lingenfelter CAI that we've used multiple times and know it's solid quality on a non max effort street car that might see 70% throttle on an on ramp?

I told the customer we may need to add the DSX low side, we would see where we are on the dyno, because meth does have fueling properties even when being used to control IAT's.

The snout will be hand ported to mate up to the NW102mm TB.

Thanks!

Dane

Last edited by Dane@LGmotorsports; 01-17-2019 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01-17-2019, 03:04 PM
Dane@LGmotorsports

Originally Posted by 0H8Z06
Come on Bro... Of course you are going to back LG.... LG doesn't drive your car and win those races.. you do "respectfully".
Most of these "loudmouths" as you call them that I see replying own and drive C6ZR1's.. Although they may not be "experts" on the subject their opinions have some merit. Even you can acknowledge that.

I am local (Dallas), know Lou, and have been one of those loudmouths challenging his ummmm, "delivery" for lack of a better term. I have in the past been a customer of LG... In light of that I think I too am entitled to my opinion.

Regarding this thread... I did make a "positive" comment as I am sure it is going to be a screamer. I have NO issues with Dane to be clear. It goes w/o saying that I have no issues with you either Anthony.. Just one mans objective/subjective opinion.
Its frustrating when I have to spend 30min responding so that I don't look like a jackass when I didn't ask for opinions just wanted to share a build that I'm excited about.

I also appreciate your positive comment! I remember when I misspoke and said brass valve guide instead of bronze my first month over a year ago and you called me on it.
Old 01-18-2019, 08:23 AM
TXGS507
Race Director

Its frustrating when I have to spend 30min responding so that I don't look like a jackass when I didn't ask for opinions just wanted to share a build that I'm excited about.

I also appreciate your positive comment! I remember when I misspoke and said brass valve guide instead of bronze my first month over a year ago and you called me on it.
That 30 min you took to respond could have been spent assisting other customers. lol
The C6ZR1's are awesome... this one will be no different.
Regarding the radiator. Texas does get HOT in the summer. Personally, I would add larger core radiator on the ZR1 and the C7Z. I ran Dewitts, Spal combo on my built C5Z...

I am sure the car will be very nice once complete.
Dane@LGmotorsports (01-18-2019)
Old 01-18-2019, 11:29 AM
blaSSt
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

770 rwhp. Limit of the stock fuel pump.
Old 01-21-2019, 06:24 PM
Dane@LGmotorsports

Baseline Dyno!

Old 01-21-2019, 06:46 PM
Texasthunder
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 380 Likes on 280 Posts

Old 01-21-2019, 06:56 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Baseline Dyno!

Pretty stout number for stock, no?
Old 01-22-2019, 09:33 AM
TXGS507
Race Director

Very nice Dane!
Old 01-22-2019, 11:05 AM
Dane@LGmotorsports

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
Pretty stout number for stock, no?
It's definitely a strong one!

Run Conditions: SAE .99 / 66.27 Degrees F / 19% Humidity 29.27 in-Hg
Old 01-22-2019, 02:54 PM
Bigjsn250
Pro

Received 141 Likes on 102 Posts

I actually do appreciate you taking the time to reply to a "loudmouth" non-expert like me. You should not take offense to questions being asked about your recommendations once you post them on an open Internet forum. It is not your decision whether people respond with just a guess in HP or questions about the parts you picked. I am not calling people names or trying to be a jerk and I am not trying to put down any LG parts. I have not yet been contacted by any Moderators, so I am guessing my questions are fair and in line with the rules. Lastly, you do no need to have won any titles, built any championships race cars or have a bunch of letters by your name to be knowledgeable about a topic. This kind of logic leads to information inbreeding or Bro-science as I like to call it and it's never a good thing.

The factory radiator on the ZR1 is all aluminum you are correct, ours has a larger core and will cool better (I am an engineer and could rip this apart for days, but it would be a lot of typing and fall on deaf ears) The car will be street driven in Texas where we do experience high temperatures and a radiator will be beneficial for the customer. We will can just agree to disagree, no biggie

Recently finished up a whipple ZL1 camaro build, very similar builds out there making 935whp and 860-870lb ft of torque on 2" headers. This one made 918 whp/917lb ft. So we lost 17hp and gained 47lb/ft by using our 1 7/8". I would rather rely on my personal experience than dyno numbers posted on a forum. Different car, different engine, different blower, nuf said....BTW, I never said LG headers were crappy. I just thought that since this customer suddenly wants more power and if that happens again in the future then it would be much cheaper in the long run for the 2' headers to already be there.

Of course the Lingenfelter intake is a restriction when you compare it to larger intakes. What is there to admit? That I spec'ed the build with a Lingenfelter CAI that we've used multiple times and know it's solid quality on a non max effort street car that might see 70% throttle on an on ramp? As long as the customer was told this, then it's cool and I understand your choice.

I told the customer we may need to add the DSX low side, we would see where we are on the dyno, because meth does have fueling properties even when being used to control IAT's. I agree with the fueling properties part, but meth is difficult on PD blower cars. It really needs to be injected post blower, thus the reason its popular with Centri blower and turbo guys. Plus you have said this is not a max effort street car, the guy will never want more power, 70% throttle on an on-ramp etc., so there is very little IAT concern.

The snout will be hand ported to mate up to the NW102mm TB. Sounds good.

Thanks!

Dane
750 RWHP is my guess
TXGS507 (01-23-2019)
Old 01-22-2019, 03:59 PM
Dane@LGmotorsports

Fernando was kind enough to point out that something messed up and the video was just the car on the dyno cruising. Here's the actual baseline!

Old 01-22-2019, 08:02 PM
Dane@LGmotorsports

Originally Posted by Bigjsn250
I actually do appreciate you taking the time to reply to a "loudmouth" non-expert like me. You should not take offense to questions being asked about your recommendations once you post them on an open Internet forum. It is not your decision whether people respond with just a guess in HP or questions about the parts you picked. I am not calling people names or trying to be a jerk and I am not trying to put down any LG parts. I have not yet been contacted by any Moderators, so I am guessing my questions are fair and in line with the rules. Lastly, you do no need to have won any titles, built any championships race cars or have a bunch of letters by your name to be knowledgeable about a topic. This kind of logic leads to information inbreeding or Bro-science as I like to call it and it's never a good thing.

750 RWHP is my guess
I can't figure out how more capacity will be less effective but we'll agree to disagree. I'm not an engineer, we just test parts on track.

Eh we're talking about an LS vs LT, port vs direct, both supercharged and a similar header design. Flow is flow, they are more similar than they are dissimilar.

Yes it is much more effective post blower on centri/turbo set ups, but that doesn't mean that it is not beneficial on a PD car.

I think you missed your calling as a litigation attorney.

Get notified of new replies

To LG Motorsports New ZR1 Build

Old 01-23-2019, 11:45 AM
Dane@LGmotorsports

Old 01-23-2019, 04:44 PM
anth115
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Throwing in my guess at 755whp!
Old 01-23-2019, 04:58 PM