Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Air Intake Parts Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 02:19 PM
jsriolo
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Air Intake Parts Question

I got a 2011 Z06 in time for it to hibernate so I figured I would do some preventative maintenance and other small projects (thanks for DIY threads on clutch fluid, battery tender external quick disconnect, on-star delete, etc). The car came with an aftermarket intake but the previous owner also had the original. So I got a new filter and I am trying to install the original intake. The only issue is that the original intake did not come with the small parts. I was able to order the parts that attach it to the radiator cover (2 and 3 below, 25099299 and 25099300).

Unfortunately there are also two screw holes in the back of the bumper that supported the aftermaket intake. I am not sure what is supposed to go in those screw holes and I am unable to find the associated parts diagram (red circles around mystery screw holes below).

Does anyone know what goes in these holes? Can anyone point me in the direction of the correct parts diagram or help with part numbers?

Also, I'll be trying to sell this Blackwing intake soon - do I have much of a chance at selling it locally? will it fit on all C6s or just Z06s?

Old 01-23-2019, 06:34 PM
TOM WELCH
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

they may be the holes for the air bridge to attach to the support. i no longer have my original intake, I'm using a Halltech mf103 with the beehive shroud. fit the original intake and see what lines up with the holes.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:47 PM
jsriolo
Intermediate

Thanks for the reply - there is no feature on the air bridge that would suggest something needs to be there. However I have been searching online and seen what appears to be some small studs, though I am not sure it's for an LS7.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:54 PM
92rsz
Pro

Received 239 Likes on 165 Posts

Those screw holes are part of the aftermarket installation. My z was 100% stock when I bought it n has nothing in those spots
Old 01-24-2019, 12:03 AM
jsriolo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 92rsz
Those screw holes are part of the aftermarket installation. My z was 100% stock when I bought it n has nothing in those spots
Were they just empty threads? If that is the case that would be great and I am done!
Old 01-24-2019, 12:20 AM
92rsz
Pro

Received 239 Likes on 165 Posts

I just looked to be sure. Whatever is on your car has been added. In stock form there is nothing there but 2 empty holes. No threads or anything. I would've snapped a pic but I couldn't pull my halltech beehive up enough for the camera to focus without yanking the push pins out
Old 01-24-2019, 10:46 AM
TOM WELCH
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I don't see anything like that on my 09 either, now that I have looked.

Get notified of new replies

To Air Intake Parts Question

Quick Reply: [Z06] Air Intake Parts Question