Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Eos

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 05:52 PM
sdgearhe
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Eos

Getting ready to order CF front splitter from Extreme Online Store. Has any one dealt with them before. Will I get what I pay for or should I beware? Quality?

Thanks all Steve
Old 01-25-2019, 07:32 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

C7 Carbon always has excellent reviews on their products...quality, fitment, quick ship, etc. Pricing seems very good, as well.
Old 01-26-2019, 10:14 PM
freddyvette
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
C7 Carbon always has excellent reviews on their products...quality, fitment, quick ship, etc. Pricing seems very good, as well.
It's cool that you're pushing forum vendor's products. But why pay more for the same cheap ****?

I bought my Fiberglass Splitter from WSA-Auto for $154.99. It said EOS on the box. I guarantee you it comes from the same exact Chinese factory as what C7 Carbon sells. It shipped from california and delivered in less than 4 days.

This came with hardware and holes pre-drilled. Very straightforward install. Looks great, I decided no paint because as you can see by my battle damage, I like to offroad my car.

Old 01-27-2019, 12:03 PM
JDebler
Burning Brakes

Received 196 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by freddyvette
I guarantee you it comes from the same exact Chinese factory as what C7 Carbon sells.
Without meaning to sound like I am challenging you, is that speculation or fact? I ask because I am in the market for a splitter, and want to make the right decision.

Also interested to know if the off-roading was intentional or not.
Old 01-27-2019, 07:08 PM
freddyvette
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by JDebler
Without meaning to sound like I am challenging you, is that speculation or fact? I ask because I am in the market for a splitter, and want to make the right decision.

Also interested to know if the off-roading was intentional or not.
Challenge accepted! It's speculation. But are you willing to spend $150 more plus shipping and wait several weeks for it? I wasn't. If I wasn't happy with the ebay splitter, I would have returned it. I guess you can try it out and return it if it isn't to your liking.

I went off track after hitting a wet spot at 65 in 3rd gear. Too much throttle and torque at around ~3000 RPM caused me to break loose and do a 90* turn which evolved into an excursion in the grass. Not too much damage besides the bumper, splitter, and a slightly bent radiator support which was bent back and welded together.

Old 01-28-2019, 12:26 PM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

Originally Posted by sdgearhe
Getting ready to order CF front splitter from Extreme Online Store. Has any one dealt with them before. Will I get what I pay for or should I beware? Quality?
These questions are precisely why CF's 'Feedback/Transaction' forum was created.
Look it up and check, the good/bad/ugly behind most of these aftermarket parts outfits is found there.

Great place to learn from other's experiences.

Old 01-28-2019, 03:43 PM
sdgearhe
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If this section is not for asking questions what is it for?
Old 01-29-2019, 09:05 AM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

Originally Posted by sdgearhe
If this section is not for asking questions what is it for?
Ask away, no harm no foul.
Just understand there's a forum for members to post their experience w/ vendors and or products.
Many wished they'd checked T/F before, say, doing business w/ Corvette Mods as an example.

YMMV
Old 01-31-2019, 01:26 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by freddyvette
It's cool that you're pushing forum vendor's products. But why pay more for the same cheap ****?

I bought my Fiberglass Splitter from WSA-Auto for $154.99. It said EOS on the box. I guarantee you it comes from the same exact Chinese factory as what C7 Carbon sells. It shipped from california and delivered in less than 4 days.

This came with hardware and holes pre-drilled. Very straightforward install. Looks great, I decided no paint because as you can see by my battle damage, I like to offroad my car.
Maybe it is the same, maybe it isn't...but the OP had asked about Carbon Fiber finish. Thus why I mentioned that maybe he could look at C7 Carbon, as I've only read positive reviews on the CF matching very close to OE. At $465 for a CF ZR1 replica splitter, that's a solid deal. That's really why I mentioned it...no pushing of anything really, just trying to keep someone from making a potentially regrettable decision. If you're happy with your choice in products, that's all that matters really.

Get notified of new replies

To Eos

Quick Reply: Eos