Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] mail tune c6 zr1

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 10:14 PM
zr1chile
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mail tune c6 zr1

Dear friends, I have thought to buy a stage2 lingenlfelter kit for my 2012 zr1, but the problem is that I'm from Chile and here there is not anybody that can make a good custom tune for my car. COULD YOU TELL ME WHO CAN DO THE CUSTOM TUNE AND SEND ME THE FILE BY MAIL ??
, AS WELL CPULD YOU SAY ME WHAT HANDHELD IS OK FOR THIS PROCESS. ??

THANKS A LOT

FERNANDO,
Old 02-04-2019, 07:56 AM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 422 Likes on 257 Posts

Considering your situation, if you buy all LPI parts, I would buy their available tune as it will probably be a 'safe' tune and not a maxed out tune.
Old 02-04-2019, 10:20 AM
BigVette427
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by zr1chile
Dear friends, I have thought to buy a stage2 lingenlfelter kit for my 2012 zr1, but the problem is that I'm from Chile and here there is not anybody that can make a good custom tune for my car. COULD YOU TELL ME WHO CAN DO THE CUSTOM TUNE AND SEND ME THE FILE BY MAIL ??
, AS WELL CPULD YOU SAY ME WHAT HANDHELD IS OK FOR THIS PROCESS. ??

THANKS A LOT

FERNANDO,
LPE camshaft lobe profiles are unnecessarily aggressive on your valvetrain. Here's all you need to do: email Patrick Guerra. He'll help you out with selecting the best cam specs and profile for your intended goals. Go with an 8620 cam core for $50 more. He usually specs from either TSP or CamMotion cams which have much more valvetrain friendly camshaft lobe profiles, yet they still open and close those valves without the harsh "jerk" that destroys your valvetrain . He'll then work with you remotely until you get the tune to where you want it. He's a guru in both EFI Live and HP Tuners, and has been tuning since the days of before you could even tune the ECM. The really cool thing is you don't need to go crazy on the LSA or lifts to make good power, and Patrick knows how to get you the most out of your goals. Email him at patrick.guerragroup@gmail.com

I would suggest having your heads ported to take full advantage of your new cam, and AHP just so happens to have an excellent new LS9 cylinder head CNC program. Coupled with their Moldstar 90 valve guides, I'd also suggest PSI valve springs and the CHE trunnion kit, and have your stock Ti intake valves tumble polished. https://www.americanheritageperforma...cylinder-heads

Would strongly suggest Johnson 2110 SLR lifters to maximize your new camshaft lift while you have your heads off, and new hardened PR's are a given, as well. Make you replace that timing chain dampener for good measure, and you probably wouldn't hurt to go with the Katech C5-R timing chain while you're in there. Go with ARP head and crankshaft bolts, and I'd suggest a PowerBond Race series dampener while you have your OE POS off.

Last edited by BigVette427; 02-04-2019 at 10:22 AM.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:17 AM
Bigjsn250
Pro

Received 141 Likes on 102 Posts

Before we make any recommendations, what your are goals with the car? road racing? 1/4 mile? 1 mile? street racing? What are you hoping for as far as RWHP? I would not touch the heads unless your goal is over 800 rwhp, the HP ROI especially with shipping to/from Chile, is just not worth it.
The following users liked this post:
WA 2 FST (02-04-2019)
Old 02-04-2019, 11:22 AM
BigVette427
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigjsn250
Before we make any recommendations, what your are goals with the car? road racing? 1/4 mile? 1 mile? street racing? What are you hoping for as far as RWHP? I would not touch the heads unless your goal is over 800 rwhp, the HP ROI especially with shipping to/from Chile, is just not worth it.
That's a good point, depending upon what you are seeking, there is a lot to be gained from just a good tune alone. Patrick G. told me about a C6 ZR1 he had recently tuned who came in and put down some really big numbers with just his tune and few other minor bolt-ons that for the most part, left the car looking and sounding stock. I'd do heads before the cam but really, one without the other is not taking full advantage of either.

Facebook Post

Last edited by BigVette427; 02-04-2019 at 11:39 AM.
Old 02-04-2019, 01:32 PM
zr1chile
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a lot, you are right. I use my car for only street racing from 60 to 180 mph . In Chile the fastest car is a Supra full methanol with 800 rwhp-
I would like to get around 700 - 750 rwhp. is ok for my expecting.

Get notified of new replies

To mail tune c6 zr1

Quick Reply: [ZR1] mail tune c6 zr1