Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Contaminated E85, need advice/suggestions

Old 02-04-2019, 01:52 PM
just_a_69
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Contaminated E85, need advice/suggestions

I recently purchased contaminated E85 and I’m curious what steps need to be taken to prevent future damage. I topped the car off with appx. 6.5 gallons of the contaminated stuff, then drove the car home (not knowing it was contaminated at the time) about 25 miles from the station. The car ran fine at the time. A few days later it was brought to my attention that it was bad fuel, but I haven’t driven the car since i got it home that day. I tried to start the car the other day to check the ethanol percentage with the dashlogic and the dash says “service fuel system”. The company is still investigating what got into the fuel, and they’re taking full responsibility, offered a rental car and told me to save my receipts...

The car has pretty much everything done except it has stock bottom end and stock heads (I.e.: it has pulleys, cam, aux fuel pump, 102TB, headers exhaust, intake, cooling mods, etc.)

should i:
-drain bad fuel, flush system with good fuel and be ok?
-drain bad fuel, flush with good fuel and change the aux pump filter?
-drain bad fuel, flush with good fuel, change fuel pump and change aux pump filter?
-should the flex fuel sensor be changed as well?

any and all suggestions are welcome. I prefer to do the work myself even though I realize I could take it somewhere and MOST LIKELY get the work paid for. There are few places I trust with my cars, I guess I’m weird like that...

Thanks in advance guys
-Drew
Old 02-04-2019, 03:13 PM
freddyvette
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts

I'd keep diluting the bad gas and pump it out until you get acceptable concentrations at the fuel rails. If it doesn't get through the sock filter or the aux filter, then it most likely won't ever see the injectors.
The following users liked this post:
just_a_69 (02-04-2019)
Old 02-04-2019, 04:30 PM
RobGOV-DCZ
Pro

Received 150 Likes on 89 Posts

Jumper the fuel pump relay and drain the tanks.

Last edited by RobGOV-DCZ; 02-04-2019 at 04:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
just_a_69 (02-04-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Contaminated E85, need advice/suggestions

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [ZR1] Contaminated E85, need advice/suggestions