Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06
Reload this Page >

[Z06] Picking up a 2013 60th anniversary 427 vert. Need advice

Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GMs Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track Advertisement

[Z06] Picking up a 2013 60th anniversary 427 vert. Need advice

Old 02-07-2019, 03:29 PM
robsvette
CF Senior Member

Thank you everyone for the advice 👍
Old 02-08-2019, 12:54 PM
redbird555
CF Senior Member

I doubt the dealership is even going to do the test honestly. If the car is running fine with no abnormal noises they probably wont want to tear it apart and I really wouldnt expect them to. At 19k the rod issue is most likely not and the heads on any LS7 need to be redone so its a moot point to have them checked right now. Looks like a solid car, if the price is good jump on it and just pull the heads when you get it home.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:44 PM
slow_zo6
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by redbird555 View Post
I doubt the dealership is even going to do the test honestly. If the car is running fine with no abnormal noises they probably wont want to tear it apart and I really wouldnt expect them to. At 19k the rod issue is most likely not and the heads on any LS7 need to be redone so its a moot point to have them checked right now. Looks like a solid car, if the price is good jump on it and just pull the heads when you get it home.
This. A close buddy is a GM tech and had never even heard of the ls7 guide issues. Working flat rate I doubt anyone would bother.
Old 02-08-2019, 02:31 PM
MTPZ06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,013 Posts

Originally Posted by redbird555 View Post
My thoughts exactly.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:41 PM
Travelingman

Just bought a 2013 Collectors that a Ford dealership had here in South Texas two weeks ago. The car you are looking at has some great options that make it unique. So the car I bought was 4 owner 24K miles $44k final number. The car fax reports are misleading. Let me explain why. I also ran a Instavin and a VinAudit report. These two additional reports balance out what Carfax doesn’t. If your search is narrow and you have the car on hold at dealer spend a couple dollars on a build sheet to verify options if car is missing it’s paperwork like mine was.

I went to first dealer on report and had them send me the GM warranty history for car You have to show your genuinely interested in the hertitage of the car because it is a collectors edition to get this report. From this report I reached out to each of the dealers and got the service history on car ... again show a genuine interest. What I discover is Carfax only shows the first line item on the service report. So if changing the oil was first item on work order and they replaced another component on second line item...the second line item and subsequent will not show up.

The history and the story of the past is interesting. My car was order by Van Gannaway Chevrolet in Eustis,FL. When it arrived it was sold immediately to Jon Hall in Daytona Beach and driven to their dealership. It stayed in FL until 2015 at which time it was purchased on a dealer auction by Corvette World Austin Texas. The car had 2450 mile on it at this time. Corvette World in Austin sold car to Cavendar Chevrolet in Borne Texas. Still under warranty the car service history shows Cavendar replaced the ECM, motor, carpet, low lamp recall, and many other things. The Carfax report only reflected the first line item on 10 warranty related issues. Yes, this car had its motor replaced in later 2015 because it dropped a valve with 6100 miles on it. It also had the starter replaced, ECM replaced and a host of other things that only showed up in Carfax as trim piece replace because that was the first thing on Carfax report.

The second owner sold car at about 13K miles in 2016. After that two additional owners put another 11k miles on car. The key document you need is the GM warranty history report. I have peace of mind knowing that the GM warranty I purchase will cover the car for the next 3 years.

Prior to purchasing I reached out to two GM service contract writers on this forum and got quotes for extended service contract. Both were in a $100.00 of each other. I went with GM service contract from Montana dealer.

Last edited by Travelingman; 02-10-2019 at 12:57 PM. Reason: More history
The Following User Says Thank You to Travelingman For This Useful Post:
robsvette (02-13-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Picking up a 2013 60th anniversary 427 vert. Need advice

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: