Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Adding ZR1 skirts to my Lingenfelter GS... are OEM skirts solid or thin?

Old 02-08-2019, 10:46 AM
LeifAshley27
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Adding ZR1 skirts to my Lingenfelter GS... are OEM skirts solid or thin?

I'm looking to add ZR1 skirts to my 2012 Centennial GS and I'm noticing a lot of the aftermarket skirts are just a thin sheet of Carbon Fiber where I thought side skirts were always solid.

Are the OEM side skirts "solid" meaning they're a half inch thick or more or are they just a 1/8" thick like what I've seen from the aftermarket? Do they flex or anything if you were to hit something like a speedbump (I'm always approaching at an angle anyway so it would be rare).
Old 02-08-2019, 02:02 PM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

Originally Posted by LeifAshley27
I'm looking to add ZR1 skirts to my 2012 Centennial GS and I'm noticing a lot of the aftermarket skirts are just a thin sheet of Carbon Fiber where I thought side skirts were always solid.

Are the OEM side skirts "solid" meaning they're a half inch thick or more or are they just a 1/8" thick like what I've seen from the aftermarket? Do they flex or anything if you were to hit something like a speedbump (I'm always approaching at an angle anyway so it would be rare).
The OEM side rocker extensions of carbon fiber are thin. I would be shocked if any aftermarket supplier would make these 1/2" thick regardless of material. I have a 2011 ZR1 plus a 2019 stage 2 aero Z06 vert.
Old 02-08-2019, 02:58 PM
WA 2 FST
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 556 Likes on 359 Posts

Hey Leif, hope all is well. The OEM C6 ZR1 skirts are pretty thin...nothing I would consider spectacular at all. I've yet to have any issues with speed bumps, so I can't speak to that.

I saw on another post you're at 600+rwhp. What all have you done to the LPE GS?
Old 02-11-2019, 01:54 PM
ExtremeOnlineStore
Supporting Vendor

Received 128 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by LeifAshley27

Check out our C6 Collection for more Exterior Parts & Accessories NOW!

https://extremeonlinestore.com/colle...13-corvette-c6

Old 02-11-2019, 06:05 PM
08 ATOMIC-Z
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Go to ACS webpage they have two versions.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:34 PM
CamarosRus
Melting Slicks

Received 936 Likes on 600 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I did NOT like the aftermarket FLARES(Mud Guards) that came with my KAPALINI Fiberglass Skirts
I bought the OE GM Flares for $216 (Trunk Monkey) See Below Link

I"m still wanting to learn how best to fasten these above skirts to my rockers.....I'm thinking RIVETS will be a pain
when and if I need to remove skirts for repair/repaint/????

Anybody ever think of using RIVNUTS into the Rocker Panels and then Stainless Button Head Allens into
the RIVNUTS???

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...and-sport.html

Get notified of new replies

To Adding ZR1 skirts to my Lingenfelter GS... are OEM skirts solid or thin?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Adding ZR1 skirts to my Lingenfelter GS... are OEM skirts solid or thin?