Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GMs Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track Advertisement

Production date (not model year) by VIN?

Old 02-09-2019, 09:07 AM
stefuel
CF Senior Member

Default Production date (not model year) by VIN?

I know the model year but need the actual production date. How do you find that if you only have the VIN to go by? I have searched on line and every place I look makes reference to 2010 and newer. This is a 2009
Old 02-09-2019, 09:54 AM
Mordeth
CF Senior Member

2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10, '17

The model year is in the VIN, but not the production date. It's the 10th digit (model year). Have a dealer run the car's VIN through the GM Vehicle Inquiry System (GM VIS). It will get you very close to the actual build date. Technically, the factory code for "Vehicle Produced" is 3800. The GM VIS will usually give you Code 5000 (vehicle at dealer), which is about as close as you will get to production date without the factory order sheet, which is called the "order workbench". If you can get that, you can see code 3800 and a date, which is the actual date of "production".
Old 02-09-2019, 12:37 PM
P.A.J.
CF Member

Check here for Production Date http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Production date (not model year) by VIN?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: