Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Parking Brake Issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 06:37 PM
Z06_Bandit
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Parking Brake Issue

Hey guys,

So I have an 08 Z06. My Corvette today seems to have an issue with its parking brake. I noticed that no matter how hard I pull up on the e-brake handle the "BRAKE" light never illuminates. However when i start the car it DOES turn on. The issue with this is that I cannot use my memory seats now because every time I try to use them my car says "set parking brake to recall seats."

Anyone had this issue? Can't seem to find the part number for the brake lever switch for the e-brake either.

PLEASE HELP!
Old 02-10-2019, 07:17 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Interesting. Is the brake working? Maybe the cable is broken?

DH
Old 02-10-2019, 07:36 PM
Z06_Bandit
Advanced

Hey Howie,

yea the brake seems to be working. I mean I can feel resistance on the brake pull lever but just no brake light illumination on cluster. So the car thinks I am trying to adjust my seats without my e-brake on. By using my door mount memory buttons. Def not the buttons either because when pressed they beep and communicate with the DLC.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:49 PM
ss2z06
Melting Slicks

Received 439 Likes on 330 Posts

My first thought would be to check the switch that is activated when you pull the brake. It’s going to be what send the signal as illuminate the dash light.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:18 PM
jimbob8915
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 74 Posts

Wow. I have never in 7 years used my memory seats. It is an option I could have done without. Yea ^^^. It has more to do with the switch than the cable or pads.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:43 PM
LawrenceFromTorrance
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 113 Posts

If you have set your seat to move backward when you exit the car the parking brake must be set. If I exit without the parking brake set the seat does not retreat (recall?) but if I set the parking brake the seat will retreat when I open the drivers door. Maybe that's what the message is trying to tell you. As for the brake light coming on, if the car is turned off should the brake lights come on at all?

Last edited by LawrenceFromTorrance; 02-11-2019 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:29 PM
Z06_Bandit
Advanced

Originally Posted by ss2z06
My first thought would be to check the switch that is activated when you pull the brake. It’s going to be what send the signal as illuminate the dash light.
Yea that is what I am thinking too. Weird thing is that I cannot isolate an OEM part number for the brake light switch. Even on ALLDATA there is no part number. Also looks like I need to remove my center console and my passenger seat to get the parking brake assembly off. Sigh.

Originally Posted by jimbob8915
Wow. I have never in 7 years used my memory seats. It is an option I could have done without. Yea ^^^. It has more to do with the switch than the cable or pads.
Yea that is what I am thinking too. Anybody have the switch number? From what it looks like i'll bet it's a $20 part at max. Assuming I don't need to replace the whole assembly.

Originally Posted by LawrenceFromTorrance
If you have set your seat to move backward when you exit the car the parking brake must be set. If I exit without the parking brake set the seat does not retreat (recall?) but if I set the parking brake the seat will retreat when I open the drivers door. Maybe that's what the message is trying to tell you. As for the brake light coming on, if the car is turned off should the brake lights come on at all?
Yea I do have it set on an exit position however since my Z06 can't sense when its parking brake is set it wont let me use it for safety.

Get notified of new replies

To Parking Brake Issue

Quick Reply: Parking Brake Issue