Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track Advertisement

C6 ZR1 Questions - Opinions

 
Old 03-10-2019, 05:01 PM
  #1  
GeorgeR_Zed06
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
GeorgeR_Zed06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2009
Location: NM
Posts: 384
Thanked 44 Times in 41 Posts
Default C6 ZR1 Questions - Opinions

I'm thinking about going to a C6 ZR1. The one I'm looking at makes about 712/725 on a conservative pump gas tune. What do you guys think, is this pretty good for a C6 ZR1? Thanks,
GeorgeR_Zed06 is offline  
Old 03-10-2019, 05:36 PM
  #2  
leadfart
CF Senior Member
 
leadfart's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2016
Location: Lake McQueeney, Treasure Island TX
Posts: 282
Thanked 40 Times in 33 Posts
Default

UH, Yea!
leadfart is offline  
Old 03-10-2019, 06:06 PM
  #3  
GeorgeR_Zed06
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
GeorgeR_Zed06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2009
Location: NM
Posts: 384
Thanked 44 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Thanks,
I used to have a nitrous C6 Z06 that made 690/730 and it was quick, but didn't know if the blower and engine platform of the ZR1 would be better....
GeorgeR_Zed06 is offline  
Old 03-10-2019, 09:05 PM
  #4  
SIK02SS
CF Senior Member
 
SIK02SS's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Location: Brunswick GA
Posts: 2,269
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Heads/cam/fbo ZR1s are 900+ rwhp now..ya, they’re worth it
SIK02SS is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to SIK02SS For This Useful Post:
GeorgeR_Zed06 (03-16-2019)
Old 03-10-2019, 10:02 PM
  #5  
GeorgeR_Zed06
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
GeorgeR_Zed06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2009
Location: NM
Posts: 384
Thanked 44 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SIK02SS View Post
Heads/cam/fbo ZR1s are 900+ rwhp now..ya, they’re worth it
Thanks,
Don't get me wrong, I love my C7 Z, but I've been thinking about snagging up a collector car and just keeping it. Plus, it's hard to beat the aerodynamics and weight of a C6 Z.
GeorgeR_Zed06 is offline  
Old 03-11-2019, 12:14 AM
  #6  
Over-Rev
CF Senior Member
 
Over-Rev's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 144
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Had an 02 C5 Z06 for almost 10 years. Was able to drive a 2013 ZR1 almost brand new back in 2013 and fell in love right on the spot. At the time the dealer wanted $99k and unfortunately I couldn’t touch that price at the time. I sold my C5Z when I moved to Florida five years ago and regretted it. Came across a 1997 B&W Viper GTS and pulled the trigger on impulse (always loved that car when I was younger).

While the Viper was fun, every time I drove it I couldn’t stop thinking about the ZR1 I drove years back. Just traded the Viper last week and got back into the Vette game. 2010 ZR1 with less than 6k miles on it. The car is mint, I’ve already put a few hundred on it. Updating all the fluids over the next few weeks. I can’t wait to get back in this thing. This is undoubtedly the last gas car I’ll ever buy with the electric revolution right around the corner. I’ll have 30k miles on this thing in a few years.

My my neighbor has a 2015 Z06 and while the car is nice it is missing something that the ZR1 always had for me. For the price I paid for the ZR1 I easily could have picked up a C7Z but the lines and character of the C6 ZR1 just does it for me. Seeing as you already have a C7Z and are looking at the ZR1 means you already know what I’m talking about.

As long as the car is in good shape, get it and don’t look back. I won’t even get into modding which I’m sure you’re familiar with. My plans are full on Kong performance E85 build next year.
Over-Rev is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Over-Rev For This Useful Post:
GeorgeR_Zed06 (03-12-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 02:31 AM
  #7  
triblk6spd
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
triblk6spd's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2002
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 2,874
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Those numbers are pretty standard give or take.

The C6 ZR1 will be collectable as time goes on. Find a nice low mile car, treat it well and enjoy it. As someone mentioned....you cant beat the power to weight and the aerodynamics of these cars. The C7's might as well be an F Body. 😎😆
triblk6spd is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to triblk6spd For This Useful Post:
GeorgeR_Zed06 (03-16-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 03:08 AM
  #8  
73DBG
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
73DBG's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2018
Location: Diamondhead MS
Posts: 1,091
Thanked 90 Times in 83 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Over-Rev View Post
Had an 02 C5 Z06 for almost 10 years. Was able to drive a 2013 ZR1 almost brand new back in 2013 and fell in love right on the spot. At the time the dealer wanted $99k and unfortunately I couldn’t touch that price at the time. I sold my C5Z when I moved to Florida five years ago and regretted it. Came across a 1997 B&W Viper GTS and pulled the trigger on impulse (always loved that car when I was younger).

While the Viper was fun, every time I drove it I couldn’t stop thinking about the ZR1 I drove years back. Just traded the Viper last week and got back into the Vette game. 2010 ZR1 with less than 6k miles on it. The car is mint, I’ve already put a few hundred on it. Updating all the fluids over the next few weeks. I can’t wait to get back in this thing. This is undoubtedly the last gas car I’ll ever buy with the electric revolution right around the corner. I’ll have 30k miles on this thing in a few years.

My my neighbor has a 2015 Z06 and while the car is nice it is missing something that the ZR1 always had for me. For the price I paid for the ZR1 I easily could have picked up a C7Z but the lines and character of the C6 ZR1 just does it for me. Seeing as you already have a C7Z and are looking at the ZR1 means you already know what I’m talking about.

As long as the car is in good shape, get it and don’t look back. I won’t even get into modding which I’m sure you’re familiar with. My plans are full on Kong performance E85 build next year.
Always like reading posts like this! I’m not a C7 hater(unless I’m taking jabs at one of my long time childhood friends lol) he’s admitted it once or twice he wishes he would have either kept his 08 ZO6 or got a C6 ZR1 instead of a C7z....he usually defaults to “all the tech” and better interior lol. I’m also a fan of Vipers, briefly thought about one before I bought my C6z, partial to the Gen II myself. C6 ZR1 and Viper pictures are always welcome.....imo at least!
73DBG is offline  
Old 03-11-2019, 06:37 AM
  #9  
Over-Rev
CF Senior Member
 
Over-Rev's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 144
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

​​​​​​​
Originally Posted by 73DBG View Post
Always like reading posts like this! I’m not a C7 hater(unless I’m taking jabs at one of my long time childhood friends lol) he’s admitted it once or twice he wishes he would have either kept his 08 ZO6 or got a C6 ZR1 instead of a C7z....he usually defaults to “all the tech” and better interior lol. I’m also a fan of Vipers, briefly thought about one before I bought my C6z, partial to the Gen II myself. C6 ZR1 and Viper pictures are always welcome.....imo at least!



Funny you mention that; my neighbor saw the car and instantly said he never should have sold his (he had an 09 C6 ZR1 as well). Like you said I’m absolutely not hating on the C7Z, it’s a beautiful machine with tons of tech and aero advancements, and yes the interior fit and finish on the C7 is better as well. However the 3ZR/3LZ package on the C6 helps close the gap in the luxury department.

In the end what anyone likes is subjective, I’m just giving my viewpoint from someone that had the option to buy either of these cars and chose the C6 ZR1 over a C7Z.
Over-Rev is offline  
Old 03-11-2019, 11:08 AM
  #10  
chassed
CF Senior Member
 
chassed's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2009
Location: Rio Rancho New Mexico
Posts: 2,947
Thanked 198 Times in 151 Posts
Default

C6ZR1>all
chassed is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to chassed For This Useful Post:
71HO454 (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 11:43 AM
  #11  
73DBG
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
73DBG's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2018
Location: Diamondhead MS
Posts: 1,091
Thanked 90 Times in 83 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Over-Rev View Post




Funny you mention that; my neighbor saw the car and instantly said he never should have sold his (he had an 09 C6 ZR1 as well). Like you said I’m absolutely not hating on the C7Z, it’s a beautiful machine with tons of tech and aero advancements, and yes the interior fit and finish on the C7 is better as well. However the 3ZR/3LZ package on the C6 helps close the gap in the luxury department.

In the end what anyone likes is subjective, I’m just giving my
viewpoint from someone that had the option to buy either of these cars and chose the C6 ZR1 over a C7Z.
Totally agree man! I personally don’t care about interior upgrades and tech features, I just love the C6 body style and wanted a really fast car! That’s exactly what I have!
73DBG is offline  
Old 03-12-2019, 10:30 PM
  #12  
GeorgeR_Zed06
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
GeorgeR_Zed06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2009
Location: NM
Posts: 384
Thanked 44 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Over-Rev View Post
​​​​​​​




Funny you mention that; my neighbor saw the car and instantly said he never should have sold his (he had an 09 C6 ZR1 as well). Like you said I’m absolutely not hating on the C7Z, it’s a beautiful machine with tons of tech and aero advancements, and yes the interior fit and finish on the C7 is better as well. However the 3ZR/3LZ package on the C6 helps close the gap in the luxury department.

In the end what anyone likes is subjective, I’m just giving my viewpoint from someone that had the option to buy either of these cars and chose the C6 ZR1 over a C7Z.
Man, I love those cars!

I also had a nitrous/cammed C6 Z06 and loved it but the ZR1 is just ****...... lol
GeorgeR_Zed06 is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 05:12 PM
  #13  
fasttoney
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2014
Location: Maryland
Posts: 448
Thanked 21 Times in 13 Posts
Default My 2 cent

My 2 cent. When I was in the market. I had a chance to get a c7 z06. But went with the c6 zr1. And this is what I ended up with.
fasttoney is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fasttoney For This Useful Post:
GeorgeR_Zed06 (03-16-2019), tonysz06 (03-17-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 05:32 PM
  #14  
nismonian
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jun 2014
Location: Clearwater FL
Posts: 171
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Went from a C6Z > ZR1 > M5 > C6Z > CTS V > ZR1 over a 6 year stretch and nothing iv'e owned ever gave me the same feeling a zr1 has, couldn't stop thinking about the one i sold so i bought a 2013 w/ 9k miles.

nismonian is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to nismonian For This Useful Post:
GeorgeR_Zed06 (03-16-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 07:57 PM
  #15  
Verrückt ZR1
CF Senior Member
 
Verrückt ZR1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2014
Location: Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Posts: 1,811
Thanks: 0
Thanked 203 Times in 175 Posts
Default

Lots of nice ZR's in this thread. Didn't choose the car- it chose me.


Verrückt ZR1 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Verrückt ZR1 For This Useful Post:
chassed (03-15-2019), GeorgeR_Zed06 (03-16-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 11:35 PM
  #16  
blake-b
CF Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2012
Location: KCMO
Posts: 97
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default


Love at first sight
blake-b is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to blake-b For This Useful Post:
GeorgeR_Zed06 (03-16-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 09:29 AM
  #17  
chassed
CF Senior Member
 
chassed's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2009
Location: Rio Rancho New Mexico
Posts: 2,947
Thanked 198 Times in 151 Posts
Default

Sold one only to regret it and got another!

chassed is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to chassed For This Useful Post:
GeorgeR_Zed06 (03-16-2019)
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C6 ZR1 Questions - Opinions


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: