Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06
Reload this Page >

[ZR1] How much does an accident on a zr1 history hurt value?

Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track Advertisement

[ZR1] How much does an accident on a zr1 history hurt value?

Old 03-12-2019, 06:12 PM
J.Bone
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Default How much does an accident on a zr1 history hurt value?

I've been in the market for a ZR1...and it's proving to be a difficult task to line up low miles, price, color, ect for what I want. I've seen a couple FS that have minor accident involving the rear of the car. In two of the history reports, the accident report also notes the drivability of the car after the accident was not effected. Looking for opinions on how much this effects the value of the car. Thanks!
Old 03-12-2019, 06:51 PM
n3v3rtrstamor0n
CF Senior Member

It hurts resale value, How much I don't know but it does hurt resale value. Now If your buying it to keep then who cares as long as your happy with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to n3v3rtrstamor0n For This Useful Post:
J.Bone (03-13-2019)
Old 03-12-2019, 07:30 PM
captain vette
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by n3v3rtrstamor0n View Post
It hurts resale value, How much I don't know but it does hurt resale value. Now If your buying it to keep then who cares as long as your happy with it.
exactly what I was to answered, if you buy it to keep it nobody cares, although go get a PPI at a Chevy dealership.
The Following User Says Thank You to captain vette For This Useful Post:
J.Bone (03-13-2019)
Old 03-12-2019, 08:23 PM
JMCZ06
CF Member

I had a Toyota Supra I had for sale a few years ago. It had a minor accident that showed up on Carfax. So many people were interested then lost interest when they found out about the accident. I ended taking a big hit selling it and told myself I would never buy another car with an accident. Lesson learned. Especially the higher end cars it effects a great deal.

Last edited by JMCZ06; 03-12-2019 at 08:25 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JMCZ06 For This Useful Post:
J.Bone (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 12:39 AM
Rhett Loveday
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

https://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...-zr1-registry/ if the ZR1 was in an accident, see if the owner has pictures. Maybe it was just body parts that needed to be replaced. search the registry for ZR1 for possible cars for sale. Good luck and update when you get your ZR1. I have 2009 #136
Old 03-13-2019, 10:00 AM
Bigjsn250
CF Senior Member

This is a rough estimate, but what I have seen over the years, for a 50-60k car it normally takes 7-8k away. This will vary widely, especially if you have really good pictures and proof it was very minor
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigjsn250 For This Useful Post:
J.Bone (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 01:01 PM
cuisinartvette
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,105 Times in 1,016 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

BUy it right and dont think it will matter. One day youll find a buyer similar to yourself.....dont let a fender bender keep you from a great car
Old 03-13-2019, 01:40 PM
MTPZ06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,023 Posts

~10-15% of resale value. If you can get it for a 15% (or more) discount off of resale value...then you've been compensated for that hit in value.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:11 PM
KurtsZ06

Before my recent z06 purchase, I spent six months looking at zr1s and z06s. Of those that had accident histories, that knocked at least 5 grand off of the pricing. The selling party may have wanted full resale, but the actual selling price got hammered. If no paperwork accompanies the accident repairs, there were few offers and the corvettes stayed on the market much longer. Accident / damage histories can be a deal breaker for sure.
a prepurchase inspection by an Indy is always a must, especially with a collision car.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:02 PM
chassed
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by JMCZ06 View Post
I had a Toyota Supra I had for sale a few years ago. It had a minor accident that showed up on Carfax. So many people were interested then lost interest when they found out about the accident. I ended taking a big hit selling it and told myself I would never buy another car with an accident. Lesson learned. Especially the higher end cars it effects a great deal.
AMEN...Listen to this guy^^^

My last Zr1 was in a rear end accident (clean title) . Car fax stated it was involved in a rear end accident and was towed from scene...I did not realize this until after I bought the car..(yes I know I fucked up)
But what I quoted above...I also will never buy another car with an accident report. I tried to sell the ZR1 and interest was unbelievable...until they saw the car fax...I took a mike Tyson hit when I did finally sell it.
As much as I guaranteed that the car was straight and true...it wasn't enough...never again.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:29 PM
Dirk Miller
CF Senior Member

If a person is really interested in a ZR1 that has an accident report showing it has been hit from behind, I suggest coordinating with the owner by lifting the back bumper off and looking closely yourself. This will only take 30 or so minutes. If the aluminum frame doesn't show an impact, that tells you a lot. Anyone can do this in the driveway.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:23 PM
Jimnc
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

The key is documentation. If you get hit minor take good photos and keep the repair documentation. If buying a car with an accident history make an offer with that takes the resale into account. I would not shy away from a car with a minor accident history just don't overpay.

FYI, not all accidents show up on Car Fax so you can easily buy a car that has had body damage and you would not know it.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:05 AM
JMCZ06
CF Member

Originally Posted by chassed View Post
AMEN...Listen to this guy^^^

My last Zr1 was in a rear end accident (clean title) . Car fax stated it was involved in a rear end accident and was towed from scene...I did not realize this until after I bought the car..(yes I know I fucked up)
But what I quoted above...I also will never buy another car with an accident report. I tried to sell the ZR1 and interest was unbelievable...until they saw the car fax...I took a mike Tyson hit when I did finally sell it.
As much as I guaranteed that the car was straight and true...it wasn't enough...never again.
Many good viewpoints in this thread. Chassed and I went through the process of selling a car with an accident history and saw first hand the difficulties involved. It takes the right buyer that doesn’t mind the accident which is a journey on its own. They always want it for cheap as well.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: