Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Which add-ons/accessories are actually worth the money?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 01:06 AM
AzDave47
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,509 Likes on 2,598 Posts

Originally Posted by Kenny94945
I too may echo splash guards are worth it.

Trans, PS, Diff, upgraded brake fluid changes, new cabin & air filters...maybe not accessories, but also worth it.

Stereo speaker upgrade...can be.

Tunnel plate, lowering on stock bolts, tune, fog lights to driving lights, louder mufflers … perhaps.
Chrome or carbon fiber, pinstripes, floor mats.. personal taste decision

Dyno matting...could be.
Some may also say a tune, dial in air/ fuel ratio, and COW throttle speedup are also definitely worth it

All FWIW
Not faulting this response, but OP, subjectively, I have no interest in stereo changes, chrome or carbon fiber, pinstripes and special floor mats, weight of dyno matting. Also the front fender guards although clear bra on front, rocker panels and front of rear fender flairs does protect the paint some. (I have several stone chips thru the clear bra down to the undercoat)

If you are a show car guy or dress up guy then there are mods that are "mandatory". If you use the car for it's performance or upgrades, that makes a whole lot of "look good" upgrades not meet the value criteria. None of the look good stuff protects the car if you run it regularly into triple digits and rocks, birds and other stuff hit it.

If by worth it, you mean will it increase the car's value, few mods will increase the resale of the car more than the cost of the mods. Some may even reduce the resale below stock.

Last edited by AzDave47; 03-24-2019 at 01:08 AM.
Old 03-24-2019, 10:02 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by LS1Steve
"worth it" is entirely subjective... That is a question that you need to answer for yourself. My advice, fix the broken stuff first, leave the unbroken alone. Go from there.
This...what we think is irrelevant

If value is a thought forget any purchase based on adding something

Last edited by cv67; 03-24-2019 at 10:03 AM.

Quick Reply: Which add-ons/accessories are actually worth the money?