Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

new to me 07 z06

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 10:40 PM
baxsom
Le Mans Master

Received 196 Likes on 116 Posts

Default new to me 07 z06

I just picked up a very nice looking 07Z. The only things it needs is a rear right TPMS sensor which actually stopped working on the way home from picking it up ironically and a new catback. The last owner decided to put in what appears to be straight pipes in place of the oem ones so I have to do something about that first and foremost. I can't even hear myself think just driving around town. 20 years ago I would have loved it, now not so much. I am thinking maybe just an aftermarket but noise is the big issue. I prefer as mild as possible in the cabin during normal conditions so bullets I think are out from the start. Maybe Corsas but man expensive. I left the titanium catbacks on my C5Z for a reason I had no idea these things had gotten so expensive. and of course the nav clock doesnt work.
Old 03-21-2019, 11:08 PM
Jayfabs
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 138 Posts

Congratulations. Look into B&B fusions they are like oem or get oem that are modified with a mild to wild switch for either setup. I used to have loud cars I actually prefer my fusions in regular mode. Open is just annoying. Even in regular mode my car is very noticeable. Probably more the cam lope

Last edited by Jayfabs; 03-21-2019 at 11:09 PM.
Old 03-22-2019, 08:14 AM
freddyvette
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts

Please do not buy any B&B products. They sound like dog doo-doo. I prefer the OEM cans, but if you had to choose something louder I'd recommend the Corsa Sports.

Again, I support your decision to go back to factory, plus you'd save money (less than half the cost).
Old 03-22-2019, 08:36 AM
captain vette
Safety Car

Received 1,207 Likes on 790 Posts

Any pics of that Z
Old 03-22-2019, 08:58 AM
Jayfabs
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by freddyvette
Please do not buy any B&B products. They sound like dog doo-doo. I prefer the OEM cans, but if you had to choose something louder I'd recommend the Corsa Sports.

Again, I support your decision to go back to factory, plus you'd save money (less than half the cost).
wooooo what the heck. I honestly have never heard anyone say anything bad about my fusions. I’ve heard my car on the dyno and my tuner driving it. They sound good! Is there better sounding maybe I would have to do some side by side by dog dooo. Far from go to an import gathering for dog doo
Old 03-22-2019, 09:21 AM
baxsom
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by captain vette
Any pics of that Z
Im working on it. Had to drive it 300 miles home yesterday so it's dirty now and Im embarrassed to show it until I can get some soap on it.
The following users liked this post:
captain vette (03-22-2019)
Old 03-22-2019, 09:24 AM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

The only doo doo going on in this thread is Freddy and his BS... To the OP ignore this guy and his negativity.

All that being said. Welcome and congrats on your purchase. These are awesome machines right off the assembly line.

One of the very first mods I did ( like you) when I first bought the car was a cat back. I chose the BB fusions and loved every min of them. ( youtube has all kinds of vids) Fast forward, I had an opportunity to pick up an Akrapovic system so I sold my BB's.... That is the only reason. You owe it to yourself to check them out. Don't take my word for it though. Google is your friend as well as the "search" engine on this forum. GL whatever you decide.

Originally Posted by Jayfabs
wooooo what the heck. I honestly have never heard anyone say anything bad about my fusions. I’ve heard my car on the dyno and my tuner driving it. They sound good! Is there better sounding maybe I would have to do some side by side by dog dooo. Far from go to an import gathering for dog doo
Old 03-22-2019, 09:33 AM
BRISLS1
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '14,’19

Enjoy the 2007! Same year/model over here.

This thread makes me wonder where all the stock exhausts go to die? Like is there a "land for misfit toys" for stock Corvette exhausts? I mean, for wheels, you can easily see how the trickle down economics works, but it's hard to imagine a big demand from lower budget cars. for such a customized part.

Maybe you try Corvette Recyclers or the Parts bin of this forum, where a car was injured from the front.
Old 03-22-2019, 09:55 AM
freddyvette
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 0H8Z06
The only doo doo going on in this thread is Freddy and his BS... To the OP ignore this guy and his negativity.

All that being said. Welcome and congrats on your purchase. These are awesome machines right off the assembly line.

One of the very first mods I did ( like you) when I first bought the car was a cat back. I chose the BB fusions and loved every min of them. ( youtube has all kinds of vids) Fast forward, I had an opportunity to pick up an Akrapovic system so I sold my BB's.... That is the only reason. You owe it to yourself to check them out. Don't take my word for it though. Google is your friend as well as the "search" engine on this forum. GL whatever you decide.
Sounds like I hit this sensitive Sally's sore spot haha. But it's ok you can have your safe space, cupcake.

I'm just speaking the truth, B&Bs are inferior construction and sound to many others out there. Ask me how I know lol.

Not only that but they drone way too much with a stock exhaust thru mid pipe

Last edited by freddyvette; 03-22-2019 at 09:55 AM.
Old 03-22-2019, 10:15 AM
baxsom
Le Mans Master

I love exploring a car. anyone know what this thing is under the passengers side in the fuse box? Could it have been a mild to wild switch at one point before the hack job on the pipes. I am working a pic of that too. One step at a time. I was trying to figure out why both power plug ins don't work. Both 20 amp fuses are blown. I hope thats the only problem and not a short in them.
Old 03-22-2019, 10:46 AM
freddyvette
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by baxsom

I love exploring a car. anyone know what this thing is under the passengers side in the fuse box? Could it have been a mild to wild switch at one point before the hack job on the pipes. I am working a pic of that too. One step at a time. I was trying to figure out why both power plug ins don't work. Both 20 amp fuses are blown. I hope thats the only problem and not a short in them.
Yes that's the m2w fuse into the flap actuator slot. The box you see with multiple cables right under the connector is the remote control box for the key fob. Make sure they capped off the vacuum line in the back for the flap actuator, should be above the tips, coming from a spherical object within the fender/bumper cavity.
Old 03-22-2019, 10:48 AM
alec427
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Welcome & congrats on the C6Z!

Corsa is the way to go, hands down. Stock w/Corsa was reasonable around town (absolutely no drone) and screams at WOT, totally transformed the car and gave it the sound it deserved. Even now with B3 Cam & ARH Catless LT's, drone is still very reasonable and sounds incredible.
Old 03-22-2019, 11:59 AM
baxsom
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by freddyvette
Yes that's the m2w fuse into the flap actuator slot. The box you see with multiple cables right under the connector is the remote control box for the key fob. Make sure they capped off the vacuum line in the back for the flap actuator, should be above the tips, coming from a spherical object within the fender/bumper cavity.
i dont see a any vacuum lines at all under the rear. The hose coming off the back of the intake appears to be intact but when the previous owner put straight pipes in he must have gotten rid those hoses completely. I need to pull a tail light and see if the solenoid is there. I’m currently sitting at discount tire getting a dead tpms replaced

Last edited by baxsom; 03-22-2019 at 12:00 PM.
Old 03-22-2019, 01:49 PM
baxsom
Le Mans Master

Well crap, new TPMS sender is in and the light on the dash and the XX next to the RR is still there. They told me to drive it a while a while and see if it goes off. If not is there anything I should check ?
Old 03-22-2019, 03:58 PM
03Zcrit
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Did they program the TPMS sensor? You need to push the lock and unlock buttons together on the remote till the horn beeps then go around the car with a TPMS learn tool and wait for a horn beep at each wheel. I can’t remember exactly which wheel you start at but a quick google search should yield the exact process. If they didn’t do it exactly right or didn’t have the tool then you will still have XX on the DIC.

Last edited by 03Zcrit; 03-22-2019 at 03:59 PM.
Old 03-22-2019, 04:40 PM
baxsom
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 03Zcrit
Did they program the TPMS sensor? You need to push the lock and unlock buttons together on the remote till the horn beeps then go around the car with a TPMS learn tool and wait for a horn beep at each wheel. I can’t remember exactly which wheel you start at but a quick google search should yield the exact process. If they didn’t do it exactly right or didn’t have the tool then you will still have XX on the DIC.
they were apparently using the wrong method. I went back and showed them this forum posted method and was good to go in 15 mins. Some excuse about all years are different and they were using the wrong year procedures. Anyway now on to getting the accessory plug to work

Last edited by baxsom; 03-22-2019 at 04:41 PM.
Old 03-22-2019, 04:42 PM
03Zcrit
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Awesome, so glad I was able to help! By the way, all years are the same for the procedure, LOL

Get notified of new replies

To new to me 07 z06

Old 03-22-2019, 08:19 PM
baxsom
Le Mans Master

Old 03-25-2019, 01:48 PM
freddyvette
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 0H8Z06

Now then, back to OP..... youtube the the BB Fusions ,... See if they are for you or not. If not, there are plenty of brands out there. Great looking Z!! Welcome to the club... Modifying your stock mufflers is also a nice inexpensive option.... You can do a search on that here in this forum.
Thanks for adding nothing to the conversation, real mature. You're a real 455et to the community.

Originally Posted by baxsom
i dont see a any vacuum lines at all under the rear. The hose coming off the back of the intake appears to be intact but when the previous owner put straight pipes in he must have gotten rid those hoses completely. I need to pull a tail light and see if the solenoid is there. I’m currently sitting at discount tire getting a dead tpms replaced
You can just unplug that line and cap it off with a vacuum cap and a zip tie, until you decide to put the M2W mufflers back.

BTW did you take your front lip off for clearance?

Last edited by DebRedZR1; 03-25-2019 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:57 PM
Jrea
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I’ll throw another vote for the fusions but with a caveat. They need to be paired w midpipe and headers if not the drone will be near unbearable with valves open. The sound is deeper than the Corsa and Akra pipes and they all have similar build quality. I happen to like the deeper tone compared to the corsas and akrapovic and having the ability to keep dual mode so I can have zero highway drone closed and obnoxious loud open. Hit some local events and listen to the sound you feel suits you best and ignore the childish responses that troll the forum. Welcome to the Z club!!

Quick Reply: new to me 07 z06