Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 09:09 PM
KurtsZ06
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Dyno results

Now that the Magnuson Heartbeat is on, several hours of break in, we made three Dyno pulls today. Previously, I installed the new ported and polished heads from AHP, slightly more lift cam and ZR1 injectors. Finishing touch was all new MSD coils and wires.
After the tune, To my grand surprise, the numbers were well above expectation. Rear wheel horsepower came in at 605. The drive home today was exhilarating. Needless to say it smokes the wheels in first and second, third breaks loose as well. I won’t even guess at the zero to 60 time. Pinned to the seat.

Now I’m going to put different tires on the rear. Any thoughts? I’m considering Nittos’s. I definitely need better grip than the Mich’s I’m using now. Wheel sizes are stock.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:14 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Toyo R888R's would probably be my choice.
The following users liked this post:
Last 1 (05-25-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 09:28 PM
Cman01
Melting Slicks

Received 460 Likes on 311 Posts

Just to confirm is your car a C6 Z06?? Wondering cause you put a Mag SC on your car dyno tuned and everything and got 605hp @ the wheels? Not bashing, just wondering.

I would think if your car is a C6 Z06 with a SC you should be making more than that. There are NA setups making that or more with full bolt ons.

Tony
Old 05-24-2019, 10:28 PM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,012 Likes on 533 Posts

605rwhp is a great number for your setup!!!
We typically see 585rwhp or so with the Heartbeat kit and stock heads.
Nice to see our porting helped you pickup another 20rwhp!!!

Who says porting heads with boost doesnt help!

How does it feel compared to that AH-64 you used to fly???

https://www.americanheritageperformance.com/
Old 05-25-2019, 12:40 AM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

Received 774 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by Cman01
Just to confirm is your car a C6 Z06?? Wondering cause you put a Mag SC on your car dyno tuned and everything and got 605hp @ the wheels? Not bashing, just wondering.

I would think if your car is a C6 Z06 with a SC you should be making more than that. There are NA setups making that or more with full bolt ons.

Tony
You are correct somewhat....but your missing some key information on Kurt’s build. I don’t have that information either but he’s running ZR1 injectors and that tells you what you need to know. I’m gonna guess Kurt wasn’t looking for much over 600-650whp so he didn’t do some of the things most guys do when putting on a blower. Probably has some Ferris wheel size pulleys maybe stock or very mild cam, pump gas probably 91 if that’s all he can get, no meth no corn. So he’s on low low boost, so he’s still got the option to crank that thing up A LOT higher, and his 600whp probably has extremely friendly street manners, way more enjoyable to drive how ever he sees fit and those are not things N/A guys making 650whp will say about their cars.....and if they do...🙄

Kurt feel free to correct any of my assumptions because that’s all they are....kinda curios how close I am since I’m only going off your injectors.

Throw some pics or video up, I haven’t seen many C6z’s with root blowers and I always enjoy hearing Z’s rip!🇺🇸

Last edited by 73DBG; 05-25-2019 at 12:43 AM.
Old 05-25-2019, 09:57 AM
KurtsZ06
Racer

Originally Posted by American Heritage
605rwhp is a great number for your setup!!!
We typically see 585rwhp or so with the Heartbeat kit and stock heads.
Nice to see our porting helped you pickup another 20rwhp!!!

Who says porting heads with boost doesnt help!

How does it feel compared to that AH-64 you used to fly???

Porting made all of the difference. You guys put out some incredible work. Coupled with the Moldstar 90s, dual springs and upgraded rockers, I’ve got peace of mind as well.
As for how it compares to the AH64, all I can say is they are both exhilarating. Although the Z06 has roughly 3500 fewer horsepower than the Apache, it’ll out run it in a 5 mile race. I guess if someone threw a 30mm cannon on it, it would slow it down a tad. Lol
As for the other input, my intention was to have a 100 hp gain over stock. Therefore my setup is actually detuned from a maximum gain. Sure, I could have gone well into the 650+ range, but that would be unmanageable for my driving ability. I know there are naturally aspirated LS7s out there putting out the same numbers, my limitation is Calif smog. The supercharger comes with a CARB sticker so when and if I sell the Z06, I’m covered. The ZR1 injectors will skirt smog since the inspector won’t delve that deep, and the new cam fits the same mold. The exhaust is untouched except that it runs in wild mode continuously.
Thanks for the tip on the Toyo’s, I’ll check into them. The current tire setup on mine won’t work, I went sideways twice on the ride home without intending to. Thank god I went through high performance driving school two years ago otherwise I would have been in the drainage ditch.

Last edited by KurtsZ06; 05-25-2019 at 09:59 AM.
Old 05-25-2019, 10:08 AM
KurtsZ06
Racer

Originally Posted by 73DBG
You are correct somewhat....but your missing some key information on Kurt’s build. I don’t have that information either but he’s running ZR1 injectors and that tells you what you need to know. I’m gonna guess Kurt wasn’t looking for much over 600-650whp so he didn’t do some of the things most guys do when putting on a blower. Probably has some Ferris wheel size pulleys maybe stock or very mild cam, pump gas probably 91 if that’s all he can get, no meth no corn. So he’s on low low boost, so he’s still got the option to crank that thing up A LOT higher, and his 600whp probably has extremely friendly street manners, way more enjoyable to drive how ever he sees fit and those are not things N/A guys making 650whp will say about their cars.....and if they do...��

Kurt feel free to correct any of my assumptions because that’s all they are....kinda curios how close I am since I’m only going off your injectors.

Throw some pics or video up, I haven’t seen many C6z’s with root blowers and I always enjoy hearing Z’s rip!����
Your assumptions are spot on. The shop that did the work including the tune said I’m at the middle of what potentially the setup could render, Street manners are my priority. Running 91 octane gas was a must, since I routinely go on day trips and didn’t want to get stuck hunting down corn fuel. I did install the flex fuel sensor so I have the option.
Ill post some pics and a video once everything is done. It’s going back Tuesday for some additional work. I’m installing a catch can, higher flow fans and Trim items. The tune also needs to be tweaked for idle characteristics.

Last edited by KurtsZ06; 05-25-2019 at 10:09 AM.
fred50stang (05-27-2019)
Old 05-25-2019, 12:36 PM
Cman01
Melting Slicks

Received 460 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by KurtsZ06
Porting made all of the difference. You guys put out some incredible work. Coupled with the Moldstar 90s, dual springs and upgraded rockers, I’ve got peace of mind as well.
As for how it compares to the AH64, all I can say is they are both exhilarating. Although the Z06 has roughly 3500 fewer horsepower than the Apache, it’ll out run it in a 5 mile race. I guess if someone threw a 30mm cannon on it, it would slow it down a tad. Lol
As for the other input, my intention was to have a 100 hp gain over stock. Therefore my setup is actually detuned from a maximum gain. Sure, I could have gone well into the 650+ range, but that would be unmanageable for my driving ability. I know there are naturally aspirated LS7s out there putting out the same numbers, my limitation is Calif smog. The supercharger comes with a CARB sticker so when and if I sell the Z06, I’m covered. The ZR1 injectors will skirt smog since the inspector won’t delve that deep, and the new cam fits the same mold. The exhaust is untouched except that it runs in wild mode continuously.
Thanks for the tip on the Toyo’s, I’ll check into them. The current tire setup on mine won’t work, I went sideways twice on the ride home without intending to. Thank god I went through high performance driving school two years ago otherwise I would have been in the drainage ditch.
Now that I have more info on your build and the fact that you are in Cali then I can see the gain you got from the Maggie SC makes sense, and for sure your street manners are going to be wwwaaayyy better than most NA cars making that same hp with torque at the ready when that blower is puffing on your LS7.

Enjoy it and be safe.

Tony
KurtsZ06 (05-26-2019)
Old 05-26-2019, 11:53 AM
KurtsZ06
Racer

Coming home yesterday was a real treat. With the pedal commander set at spirited +3, off the line at a stop was truly amazing. Just endless torque. The exhaust note draws a lot of looks. And the sound of that supercharger is intoxicating.

All was good until I ran over what must have been a bolt as it punched a pencil width hole in my right rear tire. Thankfully I had a tire repair kit in my box along with a can of pressurized air. It took some time but I was back on the road. I know I have run flats but I’ve seen them destroy themselves after drive for a short while. Then there is also the possibility of damaging the wheel from pot holes or whatever.
All the hp and torque means nothing on a flat tire.
fred50stang (05-27-2019)
Old 05-27-2019, 08:16 PM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,012 Likes on 533 Posts

Originally Posted by KurtsZ06
Coming home yesterday was a real treat. With the pedal commander set at spirited +3, off the line at a stop was truly amazing. Just endless torque. The exhaust note draws a lot of looks. And the sound of that supercharger is intoxicating.

All was good until I ran over what must have been a bolt as it punched a pencil width hole in my right rear tire. Thankfully I had a tire repair kit in my box along with a can of pressurized air. It took some time but I was back on the road. I know I have run flats but I’ve seen them destroy themselves after drive for a short while. Then there is also the possibility of damaging the wheel from pot holes or whatever.
All the hp and torque means nothing on a flat tire.
I'm not really a fan of Run flats for a few reason... One of which you mentioned.
Glad you had a repair kit to get you where you needed to go.

Tire Upgrade Time!

Last edited by American Heritage; 05-27-2019 at 08:18 PM.
KurtsZ06 (06-01-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Dyno results

Quick Reply: Dyno results