Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

C6Z market value speculation when C8 hits

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 01:31 PM
Texasthunder
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 381 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by phxcobra
Are you saying there are a lot of c7s waiting on dealer lots to be sold? If so, would that seem to indicate to much supply and as a result prices for new and used would drop?

Have you ever seen a tv ad for a end of year corvette sale? I haven't.
Old 06-13-2019, 05:23 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

All the time. They blow them out when new model years come in. They order a ton to get c8 allocations, then mark them off $20k-25k just to get rid of them and make money on the c8s they will be getting. Happens all the time.
The following users liked this post:
reasonable suspicion (06-13-2019)
Old 06-14-2019, 08:08 AM
OhhhApieceOfCandy
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
Open facebook, first thing popped up, 2006 c6z, 86k miles, asking $22k. So yes they are out there already in that range. Sure you are going to pay $30k+ for a low mileage later model, but those will continue to drop as well. If you can't find a nice driveable c6z in the 20s you aren't looking hard enough. If you want a collector car low mileage car to sit in a garage, of course it will be higher.
Sure they're out there but most people are going to want a car with the heads addressed so that reduces the pool. Most people will probably want a 6060 car so that cuts your options down further. Then some guys like me are going to want a car that's already got your basic cam/clutch/LTs, etc.... so that reduces the pool even further. We could argue this until the cows come home but if I were recommending a c6z to an enthusiast I would tell them to expect low 30s for an already modded car. Saying you can get one for the low 20s right now is misleading in the same way that BMW touts a new 3-series for an even 40k.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:30 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Nothing misleading about the truth. You can get a c6z for low 20s, hell I've seen them in the high teens when you get into the 100k+ or title issues. Now you throw all sorts of restrictions for what you want personally that drive the price up, but that doesn't change the fact that you can get one for cheaper.

I could say I only want a Orange 2012 z07 with less than 3k miles, and I can't get that for mid 30 so you must be misleading too saying mid 30s.

Either way, the original question, yes they will keep dropping and dropping besides the low mileage collector car status ones with very low miles in pristine shape.

Quick Reply: C6Z market value speculation when C8 hits