Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GMís Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track Advertisement

[ZR1] C8?

Old 07-11-2019, 11:19 AM
CBMZR1
CF Senior Member

Received 678 Likes on 549 Posts

All of your points are valid and I respect them given the fact that you know these cars intimately. I cannot help but hone in on the part about trading your C6ZR1 + a little cash for the C7ZR1 and you are unwilling to do that. That speaks volumes to me and reinforces my decision to purchase my C6ZR1. I am glad I did.

The Z06/R1 C8's will no doubt own the highways... conversely, the modded C6ZR1's will certainly give them a run for their money.

Love the 13 60th Anniv ZR1's.... Such an awesome car! She's a keeper for sure.

Originally Posted by jbp8653 View Post
27 Corvettes here since 1974. Last one is a 13' 60th Anniversary ZR1 that I bought 12/13. Still have it.. I might add that I am a 30 year Chevy dealership employee. Although I like the C7 it's not enough to buy one. I actually have driven one only once. We have a C7 ZR1 on the show room floor that I can buy so cheap you won't believe it if I told you..Employee pricing,rebates,ect,ect. Still a lot of money though and I would have to trade my C6 ZR1. I personally am looking forward to the C8. I think it is going to be a awesome car especially in the Z06 and ZR1 version. Probably several years away from the big horsepower version. Looking forward to seeing this car. Hope I am not disappointed.
The following users liked this post:
jbp8653 (07-11-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 02:24 PM
airforcex
CF Senior Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

People will love it. I have no doubt.
Old 07-11-2019, 04:45 PM
C6Z06Silverbullet
CF Senior Member

Received 123 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Sikstik View Post
I'm thinking about picking up a C8 in the near future if I like it when I see one close up. Was thinking to trade my ZR1 on a huracan about 6 months ago but decided to wait and see what the C8 has to offer. If I do decide to pick up a new vette the ZR1 stays also, shes nightrace blue metallic, 1 of 54
Awesome pic!
Old 07-11-2019, 06:51 PM
ROCKGT
CF Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ~STOLEN~ View Post
THIS^^^

i love my c6z, but i spent enough money making the interior nice enough to enjoy, that i could have built a bottom end for the damn thing. Now, im too far in it to ever get rid of it.
What have done to the interior ?
Upgraded seats ?
Old 07-11-2019, 06:52 PM
ROCKGT
CF Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Have you seen the C8 ?
Old 07-12-2019, 01:58 PM
Sub Driver
CF Senior Member

Received 769 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCKGT View Post
Have you seen the C8 ?
No one has.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:03 PM
Apocolipse
CF Senior Member

Received 185 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Sub Driver View Post
No one has.
Thats not what many of the posters here claim lol
Old 07-12-2019, 06:12 PM
VelocityC6z
CF Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Sub Driver View Post
No one has.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:37 PM
David426
CF Senior Member

Received 84 Likes on 13 Posts

I agree with you 100% Matt... Took me 2 years to find the right ZR1 for me... In that time frame I considered a C7 Z06 as well as a 1968-1971 Big block Corvette and a few other of my favorite Muscle cars of that era.... In the end I kept coming back to the ZR1... Its an incredible car, Lots of compliments so far, you just don't see these cars everyday... It's plenty of car for me.. I'll never be able to push this car to its limits, I dont think anyone could except for a professional racer... I'm a happy camper.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:06 AM
SPDKLZ1
CF Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by CBMZR1 View Post
Who else could really care less about this car?
I'm excited about it. I'm especially excited about the C8 ZO6. To be completely fair and transparent, I was thinking along the same lines as Frederick's response before anybody responded. Beautiful car tho.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:09 AM
reasonable suspicion
CF Senior Member

Received 108 Likes on 91 Posts

Iím excited to see the c8z06. Skipped the c7, maybe Iíll like the c8
CBMZR1 (Today)
Old Today, 01:49 PM
reasonable suspicion
CF Senior Member

Received 108 Likes on 91 Posts

And.....I love it.
Old Today, 01:54 PM
MTPZ06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,231 Likes on 1,082 Posts

Overall I like it...big improvement over the C7 IMO. I too would like to see a Z06 variant before I decide if I have to have one.
Old Today, 02:03 PM
rob62
CF Senior Member

Received 493 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by reasonable suspicion View Post
Iím excited to see the c8z06. Skipped the c7, maybe Iíll like the c8
Skipping a generation is not an option(during your licensed driver years). You are hereby disqualified . Goodby.
Old Today, 02:08 PM
SPDKLZ1
CF Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by reasonable suspicion View Post
And.....I love it.
I'm in the same boat. My excitement tripled in the last 48 hours! I'm hoping to have a lightly used C8 ZO6 sitting next to my H/C C6 ZO6 (that I'll never sell btw) in a few years! It's funny how close the engine bay looks to C6 ZO6's with the shaved Mamo intake and valve covers.
Old Today, 03:23 PM
EViL427
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by CBMZR1 View Post
Brother... I cannot bring myself to crack the LS9 open... that would be sacrilege...
That's the beauty of these cars. You don't need to crack them open to make good numbers. My C6Z was fully built, all forged, heads, cam, headers, etc. Made 632rwhp on 93, and I was planning to tune it for E85. Drivability suffered a LOT, though, between the aftermarket clutch setup and occasional bucking.

This car with a pulley, headers, exhaust and tune (simple bolt-ons) is putting down more than my C6Z, but has every bit as much drivability as a stock Grand Sport as you now know.

No regrets here. And no plans to crack my LS9, either.
CBMZR1 (Today)
Old Today, 03:24 PM
99Hawk262
CF Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

While I think it's an intriguing car for sure, nothing about it says Corvette IMO. I get the natural progression of the brand, but too drastic, too soon for me personally. I will say it looks better than I thought it would. Wonder how it will stack up to a stock C6 Z06 in terms of acceleration? The numbers look promising...

Last edited by 99Hawk262; Today at 03:26 PM.
Old Today, 04:10 PM
Reciprocal
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The C6 ZR1 will always be lovely, a strong performer by any standard well into the future, continues as a great daily driver, but like all cars it's moment in the sun has faded. The C8 is going to replace its nostalgia with a new driving feel sure to win people over. Putting the engine behind the driver, moving him 16 inches forward puts him right over the front axle line, it's going to transform the feel of the car into something akin to a Ferrari or McLaren. The space frame chassis, low 1st gear, 9 speed DCT means it no longer loses out in the 0-60 contest, if actually no faster in the 1/4 or top speed. With the live updates and GPS tracking, it's not out of the question that the top end will be governed except on tracks. Although it compares well with the NSX, both cars are about equally advanced technologically speaking, the C8 priced more competitively. The McLaren 720S is going to easily own it until the follow-on Z06 ZR1 trims become available. About the worst thing against it, get ready..it's a GM, built to a price point. You never buy a first year GM model. Those are the reasons I will pass on the 2020 C8. Wait for the kinks to get worked out and the faster trims toward the end of the model run.
Old Today, 04:27 PM
CBMZR1
CF Senior Member

Received 678 Likes on 549 Posts

I can agree with all of that. All great points.

Originally Posted by Reciprocal View Post
The C6 ZR1 will always be lovely, a strong performer by any standard well into the future, continues as a great daily driver, but like all cars it's moment in the sun has faded. The C8 is going to replace its nostalgia with a new driving feel sure to win people over. Putting the engine behind the driver, moving him 16 inches forward puts him right over the front axle line, it's going to transform the feel of the car into something akin to a Ferrari or McLaren. The space frame chassis, low 1st gear, 9 speed DCT means it no longer loses out in the 0-60 contest, if actually no faster in the 1/4 or top speed. With the live updates and GPS tracking, it's not out of the question that the top end will be governed except on tracks. Although it compares well with the NSX, both cars are about equally advanced technologically speaking, the C8 priced more competitively. The McLaren 720S is going to easily own it until the follow-on Z06 ZR1 trims become available. About the worst thing against it, get ready..it's a GM, built to a price point. You never buy a first year GM model. Those are the reasons I will pass on the 2020 C8. Wait for the kinks to get worked out and the faster trims toward the end of the model run.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [ZR1] C8?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: