Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Talk me out of buying a C6 ZR1

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2021, 05:59 AM
tytek
Gasoline Addict
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Have a window tint appointment set up next week, as my sensitive eyes need it. Pricing was all over the board and high as hell.

$800 for three windows and a brow. Fourth place I called will do it for $400. Crazy labor costs in the twin cities 🙄😤

Last edited by tytek; 04-16-2021 at 06:00 AM.
Old 04-16-2021, 08:53 AM
drewz06
thing knower
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 926 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by tytek
Have a window tint appointment set up next week, as my sensitive eyes need it. Pricing was all over the board and high as hell.

$800 for three windows and a brow. Fourth place I called will do it for $400. Crazy labor costs in the twin cities 🙄😤
holy crap! mine was $260 for all windows including windshield with some high end tint.... guess the city tax is taking effect
Old 04-16-2021, 09:19 AM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,281 Likes on 1,195 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by tytek
Find someone that is good and will do ceramic tint. Ceramic tint has significantly higher heat rejection and blocks ~99% of non-visible light. You can even get it in clear (like for the windshield) and though you won't see it, it'll significantly cut down on heat/UV. And while a lot of people can do tint, find someone good that will stand behind their work. I had one of my cars done by an individual that comes to you. While it was convenient & inexepensive and he was working as a true business (website, logo'd van, etc), one window started peeling about a year later and he was nowhere to be found at that point.
The following users liked this post:
WA 2 FST (04-16-2021)
Old 04-16-2021, 11:26 PM
tytek
Gasoline Addict
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by drewz06
holy crap! mine was $260 for all windows including windshield with some high end tint.... guess the city tax is taking effect
Originally Posted by EvanZR1
Find someone that is good and will do ceramic tint. Ceramic tint has significantly higher heat rejection and blocks ~99% of non-visible light. You can even get it in clear (like for the windshield) and though you won't see it, it'll significantly cut down on heat/UV. And while a lot of people can do tint, find someone good that will stand behind their work. I had one of my cars done by an individual that comes to you. While it was convenient & inexepensive and he was working as a true business (website, logo'd van, etc), one window started peeling about a year later and he was nowhere to be found at that point.
Yes, taxes and COLA in MN, and twin cities specifically, are very high for the climate and the fact that there ain’t **** around for 300+ miles in any direction. I am sure that the summer of protests that burned multiple city blocks is starting to trickle into everyday life, as some will have to pay the piper.

My typical tint and clear bra shop wanted $600 for it, using 3M premium tint. I had to go 50 miles outside the city to drop the cost to $400 for the same quality tint - supposedly a reputable shop. Ceramic isn’t critical to have here, as summers are short and heat is manageable.

Will take pics and report back once done mid next week.

For now, my Viper is getting all the attention, as I am in process of swapping in a Gen V diff to get a more useful ratio, and installing a Borla catback.

Last edited by tytek; 04-16-2021 at 11:37 PM.
The following users liked this post:
WA 2 FST (04-17-2021)

Quick Reply: Talk me out of buying a C6 ZR1