Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Corsa with cam and headers?

Old 09-19-2021, 07:52 AM
gmansbu
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Corsa with cam and headers?

I currently have a z06 with bt3 cam & headers with the stock exhaust. How does the corsa sound in comparison? With the valves open I have a ton of drone in the low rpms. Luckily I can close the valves. How do the corsas compare? Lots of drone? Too loud?
Old 09-19-2021, 08:12 AM
03BlkZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 308 Likes on 186 Posts

I can not speak for the cam side but I have kooks headers and catted X pipe with Corsa Extreme and there is no drone at all at highway speeds. It almost sounds stock in 6th gear. Im not sure how much adding the cam in would change it.. I have had the stock system, muffler mod stock system, akrapovic titanium dual mode and now the Corsa Extreme. The Extreme is phenomenal. OMG scare women and children under acceleration and sounds quieter than stock in 6th gear 80 mph. I love it. This is really the only system I have had that didn't drone. Even the stock NPP system had a little drone. Corsa has done a lot of homework to perfect their exhaust and will be the only system I ever buy in the future.

Last edited by 03BlkZ; 09-19-2021 at 08:13 AM.
Old 09-19-2021, 08:13 AM
double06
Melting Slicks

Received 374 Likes on 299 Posts

Need to specify Corsa Sport or Extreme Corsa. On the Sport it sounds very good with very little drone. It is a manageable noise as far as overall sound inside car but that can be subjective. They sound great outside of car. The new Corsa system in the Sport is about 10 pounds lighter than stock. The fit well and look great. Some people that have extremes can chime in on their views.
Old 09-19-2021, 12:35 PM
TRSCobra
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 239 Likes on 163 Posts

I had a cam that was sized between the BTR2 and 3 and the corsa sports. No drone at all with stock manifolds and cats, then when I went catted headers it was minimal drone on the highway but still decent. I went catless and it got a lot worse. The wife and I would have sore throats after long highway drives from having to talk over it.

Now I have a much bigger cam and I wear earplugs whenever I drive on the highway.
Old 09-19-2021, 09:20 PM
Farmvette
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts

I have a 2011 Z06 with a BTR 2 cam and Kooks headers with high-flow cats. I've had it on both Corsa Sport and now Corsa Xtreme. In both cases it's pretty quiet on the highway with little or no drone. A couple of times a year I drive 700 miles in a day cross country and it's not annoying at all.

Get notified of new replies

To Corsa with cam and headers?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corsa with cam and headers?