Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Blue Devil? How about a ME Four-Twelve?

Old 01-07-2004, 09:37 AM
Zivnuska
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Blue Devil? How about a ME Four-Twelve?

If you thought the "Blue Devil" was too much of a reach, consider the ME Four-Twelve.

The following excerpt is from http://www.autoextremist.com

Chrysler followed up the wild, mechanical sculpture of last year's Tomahawk concept with a sensational take on a mid-engine super sports car called the ME Four-Twelve. Created under the personal direction of Dr. Wolfgang Bernhard, the Chrysler Group's CEO and one of the finest car guys in the business, the two-seat, mid-engine "super sports car" boasts an AMG-designed 5.9-liter, fuel-injected, three valves per cylinder V-12 with quad turbos and 9.0:1 compression ratio, developing 852HP at 6,250 RPM and 850 lb-ft of torque between 2,000 and 5,000 RPM. Wrapped in beautiful carbon fiber body work designed under the direction of Trevor Creed and his team at Chrysler Design (Brian Neilander - exterior, Mark Wolters - interior), the ME Four-Twelve is flat-out sensational in person. Not only that, the ME Four-Twelve has been planned for production reality from the start, and it is undergoing safety tests and certification procedures as we speak. Dr. Bernhard has promised journalists that they will be able to drive a pre-production prototype as early as next summer. The ME Four-Twelve is projected to go 0 - 60MPH in 2.9 seconds, 0 - 100 in 6.2 seconds, the 1/4-mile in 10.6 seconds at 142MPH and with a top speed estimated at 248MPH. It's a serious car from a serious bunch of rabid car guys, and we expect it will get built with a limited production run as a 2006 model.

The autoextremist has a great rundown of NAIAS on its site this week.

Phil Zivnuska
Old 01-07-2004, 09:17 PM
Racin Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: Blue Devil? How about a ME Four-Twelve? (Zivnuska)

I spent the last three days in Detroit and the ME4-12 was my favorite car hands down! But only 142 in the 1/4 mile...whats up with that. Can you imagine if they were to really put this on the road. :eek:
Old 01-08-2004, 12:18 AM
bluemax750
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Re: Blue Devil? How about a ME Four-Twelve? (Racin Z06)

I believe everything but the top speed. It doesn't have anywhere near enough power to pull to 248 mph. It would hav to be making 1100-1200 hp to do tha. The aerodynamic drag will stop it well before 248 mph.

Get notified of new replies

To Blue Devil? How about a ME Four-Twelve?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Blue Devil? How about a ME Four-Twelve?