Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] What a difference between Z06 and Zr1 Release

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 06:44 PM
GN1270
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definently ready to see Corvettes and GTRs on the same racetracks competing instead of hurling ring times back and forth.
Why is that? By the time they make it to race day they are a shadow of their stock counterparts, and if a car performs too well they add ballast to it to even it out. Racing is a joke when it comes to comparing 2 showroom cars unless you race 2 showroom cars. The ring is supposed to be 2 showroom cars with 2 drivers with similar skills so it is a better measuring device then your suggestion. Rag tests are better indicators than SCCA races.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:41 PM
1985 Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 387 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by GN1270
Why is that? By the time they make it to race day they are a shadow of their stock counterparts, and if a car performs too well they add ballast to it to even it out. Racing is a joke when it comes to comparing 2 showroom cars unless you race 2 showroom cars. The ring is supposed to be 2 showroom cars with 2 drivers with similar skills so it is a better measuring device then your suggestion. Rag tests are better indicators than SCCA races.
I understand what you're saying and also understand how racing works to that extent. What I meant was the track footage from owners of the cars that we've always gotten of stock cars allowed onto tracks, I'd like to see video of that. If it turns out the GTR is a Z06 killer on any track any given day then so be it, that's how the performance car world progresses.

As always, I say "thankyou" to a Japanese automaker for giving us another great performing car.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:49 PM
Charlie M
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DoctorV8
Have you had your vision checked lately? Even Dave Hill's grandma can tell them apart.
They look the same to me. Whats the difference between them?
Old 05-14-2008, 07:24 PM
glass slipper
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by GlennSullivan
I couldn't agree more about the UGLY factor of the Nissan GTR, but you have to admit it is a performer and the VSpec takes the power from 480to 550.

I'd never own something that ugly or ricey but I wouldn't want to be side by side against one, especially not with the paddle shift.
The V-Spec will only have 513 HP...let's not get into hyping the next edition of the ugly pig.

Quick Reply: [ZR1] What a difference between Z06 and Zr1 Release