Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] What do you like about the ZR1?

Old 12-26-2009, 11:09 AM
Kyle Lemish
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Default What do you like about the ZR1?

What is your favorite aspect or aspects of the car?

No flames or parts you dont like....(plenty of that on here already)

For me its the total package! a Vette competing with the best of the best! And I drive it daily!
Old 12-26-2009, 12:04 PM
redknight
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks, sound, performance, 6 speed manual

almost any other car I can think of is lacking in at least one of those areas
Old 12-27-2009, 09:18 AM
geterdn
Intermediate

what else do you have to say other than it is the badest a** american production car ever built
Old 12-27-2009, 08:16 PM
DonsLS1
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 16 Posts

UHHHH, everything! The only thing I don't like is that I don't have one.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:32 PM
Kyle Lemish
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Its nice to read a thread that praises the best vette ever!

Keep it coming!
Old 12-27-2009, 08:45 PM
NOLA-ZR1
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is my list:

The attention you get is awesome. I'm amazed how many people know what the ZR1 is. Between camera's and camera phones I've seen easily over hundred people take my picture or video, while I'm driving my ZR1. And probably lots more that I haven't seen.

Of course, performance is well known. But I especailly like the ZR1 brakes. Stopping performance is great and you can do it all day long. And don't forget the lack of brake dust.

I like the rough around the edges feel. Porsche, Ferrari and others make cars that are great. But they lack that feel that I was brought up with. By no means better or worse than those cars just different.

There are so many things that I really can't go into all. I just love it. And I feel very fortunate to have one.

Thanks for the thread.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:24 PM
Ray W
Advanced

Number one....Almost no brake dust on the wheels.
Number two....Switching off and on the mufflers.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:37 PM
bodak1
Instructor

Received 116 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by blownlt1&c6z

No flames or parts you dont like....(plenty of that on here already)

For me its the total package! a Vette competing with the best of the best! And I drive it daily!
I agree with all of these. It is amazing how much attention the car does draw. And it is sooo sharpe. I too enjoy switching on the louder exhausts.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:07 PM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could not care less about the attention....... having a 66 coupe with a big lumpy motor and sidepipes I already get more attention than what I need.

But what really gets my desire going to have one is the ability to be fast and comfortable at the same time and with a warranty to boot........ If I do get one it just might be my first car that I would never have to mod.

All in all I think they are really awesome cars......... 120 large sure is a lot but I am pushing 60 and already I have to limit my fast driving to daylight. But you only live once and I would hate to miss out on the best vette ever made.

Doug
Old 12-28-2009, 05:48 AM
BreedWheel's
Former Vendor

Default Breed Wheels...

EVERYTHING!!!
Old 12-28-2009, 10:14 AM
tome
Melting Slicks

Received 321 Likes on 140 Posts

What do I like best....

That you can get this much performance in a DAILY driver!!!!!

Goes / Stops / Comfortable ride / reasonable gas mileage (no Z06)/ shifting / handling.... my BEST vet ever (out of 19). Like I told the GM customer survey rep; they probably lost a customer as I can't imagine a better vet being made in the future.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:38 PM
ZR1Gerhardt
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

The looks of the car and the sound of the exhaust. The burble between shifts, sounds amazing. With my B&B Bullet exhaust, it is even louder. You can hear me coming several blocks away.

Scott

The car
Old 12-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Blackdevil77
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I love the fact that it out performs almost all the exotic imports costing many times more in EVERY PERFORMANCE ASPECT! At the same time, it does it while being comfortable, quiet and spacious. It has air-conditioning, powered and heated seats, bose sound system, nav and all the goodies while many of the other cars have a steering wheel, a seat and a shifter. The ZR1 has all these goodies, and STILL outperforms them, cost a fraction of the price, and the cherry on top, it's American! Not just any American car, but a corvette, a well known American car thats almost a symbol, if you will, for American performance cars
Old 12-28-2009, 01:46 PM
IndyPacer
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

638 Ponys
Old 12-28-2009, 06:14 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,787 Likes on 1,139 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

I don't own a ZR1, and probably won't ever have the wherewithal to. However, I'm still a big fan of the car. For me, it's because Team Corvette finally broke away from their own self-imposed stupidity on a couple of things:

1. No more PBR brakes! As much as I love Corvettes of all makes and models, GM's insistence to continue with their contract with PBR is just... pathetic. PBR is a third-rate brake maker. Their hardware just sucks. The ZR1 went Brembo, which is the first time a Corvette's not had PBRs in.... well longer than I can remember. Excellent move!

2. No more Goodyears! Another one of Team Corvette's bone-headed moves. For the longest time, Goodyears were chosen NOT because Team Corvette actually thought they performed better than other tires. It was much simpler than that: Goodyear is the last 100% American-owned tire company. Seriously. Fortunately, they decided to FINALLY give Michelin a shot, and Michelin knocked one out of the park. (And Goodyear was given every opportunity to try, too. They just failed). Bravo Corvette!

Along with all of that, the ZR1 is not only the fastest of the group, but it can be driven comfortably to and from work, the store, across the county, across the state, or across the country. That they could take a GT like this and do so well on the 'Ring is telling. Comfortable on the road, fast on the track. Damn. What a car!

jas

Last edited by jvp; 12-28-2009 at 08:50 PM. Reason: ficks speling
Old 12-29-2009, 02:38 PM
tripwrL68400hp
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

For me its the ***** to wall perfomance, scare the hell outta you when u punch it at speed or from a stand still..watching the passenger stop chatting and grab the door handle when i get on it,,,attention from grandpa to grade school kids,,outrunning crotch rockets on the freeway and getting the thumbs up when i slow down and let them catch up...throwing TWO full size golf bags in back and an over night case and still have room for a passenger....(try that in a Porsche)...the RED!! which everyone loves on a Vette...owning a car better than the L88's that i can drive to work daily in comfort....i feel fortunate that this car came along at a time in my life and career when I could comfortably afford it and enjoy it. I grew up with 60's muscle cars and nothing beats the kick in the pants straight line acceleration in this rocket....i have three 60's Chevy muscle cars and they are rarely even driven now....this car has all I need...hell just typing all this makes me want to go drive the beast...I could go on an on but i think you guys get the picture....
Old 12-29-2009, 02:57 PM
Jorday
Melting Slicks

Received 86 Likes on 39 Posts

One of my favorite things about the car is how it's speed seems to be almost universally underestimated by many. Makes racing people more fun that way.

Get notified of new replies

To What do you like about the ZR1?

Old 12-31-2009, 07:52 AM
ufaj26
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 267 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by DonsLS1
UHHHH, everything! The only thing I don't like is that I don't have one.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:38 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

..........For me its the total package! a Vette competing with the best of the best! And I drive it daily!
Old 01-02-2010, 02:09 AM
Nite Riderrr
Instructor

the sound of the charger when I floor it. And the look on people faces when they see one in person. #237

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [ZR1] What do you like about the ZR1?