Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Akrapovic Exclusive Offer

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 10:08 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Just got another batch of systems in stock....

Have a few left that are not spoken for....

Jim
Old 03-01-2011, 08:56 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,443 Likes on 2,270 Posts

Jeepers. Could they possibly make those tips any larger. . .

Looks like a nice quality system with a good sound.

But those tips. . . . ooof.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:28 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by OnPoint
Jeepers. Could they possibly make those tips any larger. . .

Looks like a nice quality system with a good sound.

But those tips. . . . ooof.
You gotta see them in person!!!!! They look awesome!!!

Jim
Old 03-19-2011, 04:58 AM
stm0268
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, I have a evolution set on my car, the quality and the sound are incredible. tip size is 115mm.

Last edited by stm0268; 03-19-2011 at 04:59 AM. Reason: forgot the tip size...
Old 03-19-2011, 05:05 AM
stm0268
Cruising

Originally Posted by stm0268

I agree, I have a evolution set on my car, the quality and the sound are incredible. tip size is 115mm.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:05 AM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,085 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Really nice exhaust system to say the least!

1. Just to get this straight, is this a cat-back (with a set of intermediate pipes), or an axle back system (without intermediate pipes)?

2. The round tips look very very large. What is the tip outside diameter? Looks to be about 4.5" (very nice)

3. Just to save a little money, can the tips be ordered in stainless steel like the rest of the aftermarket systems out there (ie: Borla, Corsa, BB, etc), instead of the more expensive titanium or CF?

4. And to save even more, can this exhaust system be ordered without the "Fusion" style "NPP" valves?

I guess I'm just saying that this would be great (and competitively priced) if offered in a 100% stainless axle-back without the "NPP" valves.

If priced equal, I personaly would likely buy this sytem over the Borla, Corsa, BR, etc systems presently available.

EDIT: After I posted this, I see 2 of my questions were now answered ... The tip size is 115mm ... That's just slightly larger than 4.5" ... BIG ... (Corsas are 3.5")

And I guess the "slip-on" version is in fact the axle-back system.

Now, if it would just come with stainless steel tips and without the "Dual Mode" valves, that would be just what I am looking for at probably a much reduced price

Last edited by Turbo6TA; 03-19-2011 at 06:17 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:01 AM
ufaj26
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 267 Likes on 134 Posts

Tips are available in either Stainless or C/F. Purchased my Akra system thru Jim and he's great to work with. Not sure if they are available without the dual mode.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,085 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

ttt
Old 03-23-2011, 07:22 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Answers below in bold.....

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA
Really nice exhaust system to say the least!

1. Just to get this straight, is this a cat-back (with a set of intermediate pipes), or an axle back system (without intermediate pipes)? Correct, Catback has everything from the headers backs, including the X pipe. Slip on or Axle Back, has over the axle pipes and rear mufflers.

2. The round tips look very very large. What is the tip outside diameter? Looks to be about 4.5" (very nice) Tips are 115mm....Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder Some folks this they are too big but most like them.

3. Just to save a little money, can the tips be ordered in stainless steel like the rest of the aftermarket systems out there (ie: Borla, Corsa, BB, etc), instead of the more expensive titanium or CF? Tips are only in Titanium or Carbon Fiber.....or can order without tips altogether but not recommended.

4. And to save even more, can this exhaust system be ordered without the "Fusion" style "NPP" valves? You use the valves actuators off your OEM system, so ordering actuators would just cost additional dollars. Maybe I am not understanding the question correctly?

I guess I'm just saying that this would be great (and competitively priced) if offered in a 100% stainless axle-back without the "NPP" valves.

If priced equal, I personaly would likely buy this sytem over the Borla, Corsa, BR, etc systems presently available.
-It is not priced equal and probably never will be....If you saw the systems side by side you would understand the differences. Not that the others are not any good, cause they are. Borla and Billy Boat are excellent systems and I sell a ton of them...It is just attention to detail like you have never seen before with the Akrapovic systems. You get what you pay for The Akrapovic is an elite system (hence the reason they only make it for the Z06 and ZR1) and cost a bit more (stainless system is not a huge amount, but Titanium is significantly more for for obvious reasons). In my opinion, best of the best.....but you gotta pay for this kind of materials and quality. Obviously not for everyone, but for some, exactly what they are looking for in a ultra high end exhaust.

Checkout the Akrapovic product line.....they do not make systems for all cars....for the most part, only high end cars...

Jim

EDIT: After I posted this, I see 2 of my questions were now answered ... The tip size is 115mm ... That's just slightly larger than 4.5" ... BIG ... (Corsas are 3.5")

And I guess the "slip-on" version is in fact the axle-back system.

Now, if it would just come with stainless steel tips and without the "Dual Mode" valves, that would be just what I am looking for at probably a much reduced price

Old 04-26-2011, 07:25 PM
Russell ZR1
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey Jim,

i processed my order on your site, Full Ti EVO with CF tips and a few other things i liked, thanks.

Tom
Old 04-30-2011, 07:35 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Russell ZR1
Hey Jim,

i processed my order on your site, Full Ti EVO with CF tips and a few other things i liked, thanks.

Tom
Got it...thanks Tom....The diffuser and spoiler shipped yesterday....Everything else (including the exhaust) should be leaving Monday. Post some pics when all is installed

thanks for the business,

Jim
Old 04-30-2011, 12:59 PM
Russell ZR1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
Got it...thanks Tom....The diffuser and spoiler shipped yesterday....Everything else (including the exhaust) should be leaving Monday. Post some pics when all is installed

thanks for the business,

Jim
Thanks for getting it out so fast. Once installed I'll post the pics, I got to figure out how to get into the garage without my wife seeing it.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:09 AM
Russell ZR1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by corvettecrazy2
Does this exhaust create a higher sounding pitch than Corsa's? just curious.

-CC2
i will install mine next week, i can let you know the comparison vs stock, but i saw the U Tube video in it sounds a little more "raspy" hi end exotic, but with a throaty undertone, hey, am i tasting wine?

Jim, Thanks for getting my stuff out to me,, the diffuser and wing look stellar, great add-ons
Old 05-08-2011, 06:58 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Russell ZR1
i will install mine next week, i can let you know the comparison vs stock, but i saw the U Tube video in it sounds a little more "raspy" hi end exotic, but with a throaty undertone, hey, am i tasting wine?

Jim, Thanks for getting my stuff out to me,, the diffuser and wing look stellar, great add-ons
Thanks.....my pleasure....Thanks for the business....

Jim
Old 05-14-2011, 10:15 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Guys,

We have Akrapovic Exhaust systems in stock....

Akrapovic is a European company that has been around for years and made a name for themselves providing exhausts for high end sport bikes. They then brought that success to the high end sports car world (ie; BMW, Porsche, Nissan GTR, etc....) The exhaust systems they craft are literally a work of art. Made of the absolute best materials, when you open up an Akrapovic exhaust system it will make you feel like a kid at Christmas time getting the present that you always wanted. The welds are perfect, the tips beautiful, the finish will simply amaze you. You can smell the quality instantly.

They also make a Corvette Z06 and ZR1 Titanium Exhaust that is extremely light (not sure if everyone remembers the OEM C5 Z06 exhaust was made of Titanium for the weight savings) and sounds unbelievable. The Akrapovic Corvette Titanium Exhaust is also one of the only other exhaust system on the market that keeps factory Multi Mode exhaust system in place (so the flaps in two of the exhaust ports open and close at different RPM's), the Corvette Z06 Billy Boat Fusion System being the other.

The Akrapovic Catback system weighs only 39lbs (almost half what the OEM system weighs), and produces an additional 13-15 HP while lightening the load 30lbs. The Akrapovic systems sounds absolutely unbelievable without any drone.

Akrapovic only makes exhaust systems for the ZR1 and Z06 in a Catback and Axleback versions. They call the "EVO" their catback and the term "slip on" is used for the Axle back systems. They are available with Titanium tips and Carbon Fiber tips.

More info on each system and a video at the below links.

Akrapovic Corvette Titanium EVO Exhaust

Akrapovic Corvette Titanium Slip on Exhaust

and they also make a Stainless steel version....

Akrapovic Stainless Steel Corvette Exhaust

Akrapovic Stainless Steel "EVO" Catback exhaust

Thanks,

Jim
jim@southerncarparts.com
Old 05-14-2011, 10:28 PM
Supersonic_ZR1
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Great looking and sounding exhaust system.
This will be my first "Mod" after the initial break in period is over. But I have one question for you Jim. What headers do you recommend that follow the FULL Titanium EVO Exhaust? TIA
Old 05-14-2011, 10:57 PM
ries
Racer

Originally Posted by Supersonic_ZR1
Great looking and sounding exhaust system.
This will be my first "Mod" after the initial break in period is over. But I have one question for you Jim. What headers do you recommend that follow the FULL Titanium EVO Exhaust? TIA

Get notified of new replies

To Akrapovic Exclusive Offer

Old 05-14-2011, 11:12 PM
rpm94
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Flareside
Thanks Jim, I appreciate your insight. I'll see if I can find any other opinions.
No drone or regrets here!!!

Thanks Jim for all of your help on this mod!

Old 05-14-2011, 11:32 PM
Supersonic_ZR1
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks sweet rpm94, Love those carbon tips!
Old 05-15-2011, 01:44 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by rpm94
No drone or regrets here!!!

Thanks Jim for all of your help on this mod!

Thanks for the business.....glad you like it!!

Jim

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Akrapovic Exclusive Offer