Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] 2012 Chevrolet Corvette Announcement

Old 04-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Ken Fichtner
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Cruise-in I Veteran
Cruise-in II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default 2012 Chevrolet Corvette Announcement

Eligible Chevrolet Corvette Dealers:
Chevrolet has had many iconic nameplates during its first one-hundred years, but perhaps the most iconic is the Corvette – the Great America Sports Car. What better way to celebrate Chevrolet’s centennial than to create a unique special edition Corvette. Today, Chevrolet is proud to introduce the 2012 Chevrolet Centennial Edition Corvette.
The 2012 Chevrolet Centennial Edition Corvette will be available as an option package (RPO: ZLC) in the following models and trim levels:
Model Name Model Code Trim Level
Corvette Coupe 1YY07 3LT, 4LT
Corvette Convertible 1YY67 3LT, 4LT
Grand Sport Coupe 1YG07 3LT, 4LT
Grand Sport Convertible 1YG67 3LT, 4LT
Z06 1YY87 3LZ
ZR1 1YY87 3ZR

The package will feature an exclusive Carbon Flash Metallic exterior color (available only through this package); Chevrolet Centennial Satin Black painted wheels with special center cap logo; Satin Black graphics; Magnetic Selective Ride Control; red brake calipers; and Chevrolet Centennial badging. The interior features an Ebony interior (leather wrapped on 4LT, 3LZ and 3ZR trim levels) with suede accents and red stitching; leather-appointed seats with embossed logo, suede inserts and red stitching; steering wheel badge and a special interior trim plate. The attached files are a hero card you can reproduce locally and provide to customers with an image and overview of this special edition as well as the official Chevrolet press release. In addition, you will find information and frequently asked questions and answers on this new package on GMLaunch.com under the Corvette tab.
The Chevrolet Centennial Edition option package is planned to be available at the start of 2012 model run production and it is anticipated to be available for the entire model year run. Ordering for all Corvette 2012 models (including this package) will be available in early May, 2011. Pricing information will also be released shortly thereafter.
To kick off the introduction of the 2012 Chevrolet Centennial Edition Corvette, Chevrolet has again teamed up with Barrett-Jackson Classic Car Auction to auction the 100th Corvette to be produced for the 2012 model year. This 2012 Chevrolet Centennial Edition Corvette Z06 will not only feature the stunning option package, but will have a VIN that ends in 00100.
The auction of this special Corvette Z06 model will occur this Saturday, April 9, 2011, and will be televised live by SPEED channel (check local listing for cable channel and air time). Proceeds from the sale of this model (Lot 654.1) will benefit the Austin Hatcher Foundation and their fight against pediatric cancer.
Finally, many of the centennial logos on this special edition feature an iconic image of our co-founder, Louis Chevrolet. In his era, Louis was a renowned race driver with a reputation that helped establish a brand known for performance, durability and value. Those traits remain at the core of Chevrolet today.
Again, ordering for the 2012 Chevrolet Centennial Edition Corvette package will begin in early May, with production scheduled to start in late June, 2011.
2012 Chevrolet Centennial Edition Corvette Celebrates
Racing Heritage
Z06 Centennial Edition to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach sale
DETROIT – Chevrolet, founded by a racing pioneer 100 years ago, celebrates its performance heritage with the 2012 Chevrolet Centennial Edition Corvette, which features a sleek black color scheme, unique design elements and Corvette’s trademark sports car technology.

The 2012 Centennial Edition package will be available on all Corvette models – including Grand
Sport, Z06 and ZR1 – starting this summer.

The special package was inspired by Chevrolet’s racing-bred foundation, which continues with
Corvette’s international racing excellence and production sports car prominence.
“Racing and performance are the roots of Chevrolet, a tradition carried forward today by
Corvette,” said Rick Scheidt, vice president of Chevrolet marketing. “The Centennial Edition not only celebrates our 100 years, it once again pushes Corvette forward for a new generation of sports car fans.”

Chevrolet will auction a Corvette Z06 Centennial Edition at the Barrett-Jackson collector car auction, in West Palm Beach, Fla., on April 9, with the proceeds to benefit the Austin Hatcher Foundation for Pediatric Cancer. It will be the 100th 2012 Corvette off the assembly line, with a vehicle identification number ending in “00100.”

The Chevrolet Centennial Edition Corvette expresses racing heritage, but does so with a sleek, modern, even sinister-looking appearance. The Centennial Edition package comes exclusively in Carbon Flash Metallic, with satin-black graphics and unique Centennial Satin Black wheels and red brake calipers. The wheels are constructed of lightweight cast-spun aluminum and include a thin red outline around the perimeter of its surface on the Z06. The wheels are specific to the respective Corvette models, including 18-inch/19-inch for Coupe, Convertible and Grand Sport; and 19-inch/20-inch for Z06 and ZR1.

Magnetic Selective Ride Control, the world’s fastest-reacting suspension and a technology advance initiated by Corvette, is included on all Chevrolet Centennial Edition Corvette models.
The Centennial Edition also features special badges that signify Chevrolet’s racing history. A graphic logo featuring an iconic image of Louis Chevrolet appears on the B-pillars, the center caps of the wheels, and the center of the steering wheel. The seat headrests also carry an embossed centennial logo.

Aficionados will note one other small detail: The historic crossed flags badge contains a small adaptation, with “100” in place of the traditional fleur-de-lis symbol, only for the Centennial Edition.

The exterior color scheme is reinforced inside the car, with the Ebony leather-wrapped instrument panel and doors complimented by red stitching also on the steering wheel, seats, console and shifter. The seats feature microfiber suede accents on seats, steering wheel, shifter and armrests, which were first used on the 2011 Z06 Carbon Limited Edition.

The Chevrolet Centennial Edition will be available on all Corvette models via order code ZLC.
Pricing will be released this summer prior to the start of availability.
“Louis Chevrolet was a fearless racing pioneer who also designed our first car,” Scheidt said.
“Corvette is a natural fit to honor that legacy, while creating a compelling new package for sports car drivers.”

Barrett-Jackson auction details

Chevrolet chose to debut the Centennial Edition Corvette at Barrett-Jackson to enable the auction proceeds to go to the Austin Hatcher Foundation for Pediatric Cancer. The foundation supporting children and families dealing with cancer is a key partner with the American Le Mans Series, in which Corvette Racing is an integral participant.

The 2012 Chevrolet Centennial Edition Corvette Z06 (VIN 100) to be auctioned is based on the production 3LZ model with the Z07 performance package, new Z06 carbon fiber hood and CFZ carbon fiber package, which includes:
• Bose premium sound system, with one-year XM subscription, navigation and USB
• Bluetooth hands-free phone connectivity
• Power-adjustable and heated seats
• Memory package, home remote, Head Up Display and power-telescoping steering wheel
• The Custom Leather Wrapped Interior Package, with leather-wrapped upper instrument panels, upper door trim panels and console storage cover and red contrasting stitching
• Z07 performance package, including Brembo ceramic brakes, Magnetic Ride Control and 19-inch/20-inch wheels and Michelin tires
• CFZ package includes carbon fiber rockers, front splitter and roof
• New Carbon Fiber raised hood option for Z06, which was introduced on the 2011 Z06 Carbon Edition.

The winning bidder will also receive the Corvette Engine Build Experience program – which allows Z06 or ZR1 buyers to build their own engine alongside expert technicians – as well as the opportunity to take delivery of the car at the National Corvette Museum, in Bowling Green,
Ky.

About Chevrolet

Founded in Detroit in 1911, Chevrolet celebrates its centennial as a global automotive brand with annual sales of about 4.25 million vehicles in more than 140 countries. Chevrolet provides consumers with fuelefficient, safe and reliable vehicles that deliver high quality, expressive design, spirited performance and value. The Chevrolet portfolio includes iconic performance cars such as Corvette and Camaro; dependable, long-lasting pickups and SUVs such as Silverado and Suburban; and award-winning passenger cars and crossovers such as Spark, Cruze, Malibu, Equinox and Traverse. Chevrolet also offers “gas-friendly to gas-free" solutions including Cruze Eco and Volt. Cruze Eco offers 42 mpg highway while Volt offers 35 miles of electric, gasoline-free driving and an additional 344 miles of extended range.

Most new Chevrolet models offer OnStar safety, security and convenience technologies including OnStar Hands-Free Calling, Automatic Crash Response and Stolen Vehicle Slowdown. More information regarding Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com

Last edited by Ken Fichtner; 04-07-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:25 AM
topdownat60d
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very sharp!
I LOVE the red accents with the wheels/calipers/interior stitching.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:44 AM
SSG8R
Instructor

Very nice, does not appear to be "overdone"
Old 04-07-2011, 12:13 PM
355Spider
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

WOW that's freaking incredible.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:20 PM
YWZ08
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Seems to squash the C7 coming out in 2012.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:41 PM
BT ZR1
2009 ZR1 SN 1166
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Its about time the interior catches up with the rest of the car. Pity it took so long
Old 04-07-2011, 12:50 PM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,101 Likes on 715 Posts

Originally Posted by YWZ08
Seems to squash the C7 coming out in 2012.
If it comes out in 2012 as expected, it will be as a MY2013.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:27 PM
BillY2KFRC
Le Mans Master

Received 347 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by BT ZR1
Its about time the interior catches up with the rest of the car. Pity it took so long
Looks like a new seat design as well, I wonder if that will carry to all 2012 Vettes?

I really like this car, best special edition Vette since the 96 GS.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:33 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,419 Likes on 2,266 Posts

Looks good.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:42 PM
OregonC6
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Perhaps the seats will be an improvement.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:27 PM
HARVEY T.GLUCK
Drifting

Received 651 Likes on 151 Posts

Default 2012 corvette anouncement

Well I know now what my 2012 Corvette order will be.....Sign me UP....I was going to order a 2012 ZR1 in Black w/ Red Stitching anyway , but seeing the Video convinced me that I am on board with this Special Edition...Funny over the Years I was never a Special Edition Buyer..
The only one I ordered was the Purple one I think in 1998 which had Yellow Wheels...Well my Wife said bring that one home and you can sleep in the Garage with it......
My only Trepedation is -----I bet the Price for a ZR1 with this package will probably approach $140,000 if not higher.....
Secondly will this Black be Available?? --or will the Paint Problems delay it past the Summer.......I have heard this New Black is not effected by the Japanese Paint Co. shutdown....Harvey
Old 04-07-2011, 06:31 PM
BT ZR1
2009 ZR1 SN 1166
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by HARVEY T.GLUCK
Well I know now what my 2012 Corvette order will be.....Sign me UP....I was going to order a 2012 ZR1 in Black w/ Red Stitching anyway , but seeing the Video convinced me that I am on board with this Special Edition...Funny over the Years I was never a Special Edition Buyer..
The only one I ordered was the Purple one I think in 1998 which had Yellow Wheels...Well my Wife said bring that one home and you can sleep in the Garage with it......
My only Trepedation is -----I bet the Price for a ZR1 with this package will probably approach $140,000 if not higher.....
Secondly will this Black be Available?? --or will the Paint Problems delay it past the Summer.......I have heard this New Black is not effected by the Japanese Paint Co. shutdown....Harvey
You can be sure there will a hefty premium on the ZR1.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:17 PM
musclecar6
Le Mans Master

Received 148 Likes on 104 Posts

The interior looks really nice & upscale. Glad they are including the magnetic suspension as standard on the package as they should( I remember well all the vehement positions on how much better the old style Z51 type suspensions were for the street. Those of us with the F55 magnetic suspensions just shook our heads).As to the black wheels, I know they are quite popular with many people today, but for the life of me, I don't see how. Wheels on a car are one of the most important styling statements, & imho if you really want to make a car look ugly, paint the wheels black. But hey, I'm obviously the odd man out, so for those who see beauty in black wheels, I'm sure it is a very appealing look( incidentally, I don't see the logic in paying big bucks for good looking wheels that are painted black, cause how can one appreciate the beauty of the wheel as they are painted black & one black wheel looks pretty much the same as any other.Makes no sense to me).
Old 04-07-2011, 07:25 PM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 1,933 Likes on 1,194 Posts

Originally Posted by BT ZR1
You can be sure there will a hefty premium on the ZR1.
Don't think so, the ZR1 already has the expensive componets the ZLC contains.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:38 PM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The wheels are constructed of lightweight cast-spun aluminum and include a thin red outline around the perimeter of its surface on the Z06
Is the ZO6 the only model to get the the thin red line on the wheel perimeter?

IMO it would be a shame if the ZR1 does not get this red line on the wheel lip..... the red line line really sets the car off just like the special edition Porsche GT3 with the red lip that separates it from all the other GT3 cars.

http://www.wintheporsches.com/see-porsche-gt3.aspx
Old 04-07-2011, 08:24 PM
tomsws6
Burning Brakes

too bad they didnt put a better set of tires on the zr1
Old 04-07-2011, 10:00 PM
alsab44
Intermediate

Default You are not the odd man out on the black wheels

Originally Posted by musclecar6
The interior looks really nice & upscale. Glad they are including the magnetic suspension as standard on the package as they should( I remember well all the vehement positions on how much better the old style Z51 type suspensions were for the street. Those of us with the F55 magnetic suspensions just shook our heads).As to the black wheels, I know they are quite popular with many people today, but for the life of me, I don't see how. Wheels on a car are one of the most important styling statements, & imho if you really want to make a car look ugly, paint the wheels black. But hey, I'm obviously the odd man out, so for those who see beauty in black wheels, I'm sure it is a very appealing look( incidentally, I don't see the logic in paying big bucks for good looking wheels that are painted black, cause how can one appreciate the beauty of the wheel as they are painted black & one black wheel looks pretty much the same as any other.Makes no sense to me).
I don't in general like dark wheels but these black wheels actually don't look bad on this car. But a set of HRE 40's would look great on this car. I love the color and interior look. The other thing I could do without is the decal on the carbon fiber of a ZR1.

Get notified of new replies

To 2012 Chevrolet Corvette Announcement

Old 04-07-2011, 11:26 PM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 1,933 Likes on 1,194 Posts

Originally Posted by Shurshot
Is the ZO6 the only model to get the the thin red line on the wheel perimeter?

IMO it would be a shame if the ZR1 does not get this red line on the wheel lip..... the red line line really sets the car off just like the special edition Porsche GT3 with the red lip that separates it from all the other GT3 cars.

http://www.wintheporsches.com/see-porsche-gt3.aspx
The announcement said Z06 gets the redline only, BUT, I'll bet that the ZR1 will get it as well. Why would GM make 2 sets of wheels? The Z06 and ZR1 wheels/tires will be same.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:34 AM
4-Sho
No Guts - No Glory
Support Corvetteforum!

Looks good to me! I like black on black cars.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:39 AM
Dicecal
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by tomsws6
too bad they didnt put a better set of tires on the zr1
There is a video posted in the Z06 section, looks like the tires are Michelin cup sports!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [ZR1] 2012 Chevrolet Corvette Announcement