Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Amazing new product! Use your DIC or HUD as a progressive shift light!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 06:29 PM
DashTronix
Racer

Location: Display your V1 radar detector on your HUD or DIC! www.DashTronix.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amazing new product! Use your DIC or HUD as a progressive shift light!

DashTronix is proud to announce an exciting and revolutionary new product that allows you to use your HUD and DIC as a progressive shift light.

The DashTronix Progressive Shift is 100% Plug and play and is the worlds first OBD-II HUD and DIC shift light. No wires need to be spliced, and no tools are required for the install.

The kit even includes a single LED shift light that is super bright and can be mounted anywhere you like.

Introducing the DashTronix Progressive Shift

The DashTronix Progressive Shift (PS) provides the driver with a live graphical representation of the current engine RPM using a user-programmable RPM band, and a user-programmable upshift RPM. A single LED shift light is included too. Two different display formats are available: “Build a mountain” and “build a valley”. Output location is user-selectable in real-time between OFF, LED shift light only, HUD+LED shift light, DIC+LED shift light and simultaneous HUD+DIC+LED shift light.

Each vertical bar represents one “level”. The outside levels appears when the lower programmed RPM is reached. The middle level comes on when the upper programmed RPM is reached. The levels in between are progressively indicated as RPMs increased beyond the lower programmed RPM. When the programmed shift RPM is reached the message “SHIFT!” is indicated and the LED shift light is lit.

The PS plugs directly into your OBD-II port for instant plug-and-play. No additional connections to the vehicle are necessary. The included super-bright LED shift light snaps into a jack on the PS unit. The LED shift light automatically dims when the vehicle lights are on (some models and years excepted). The LED Shift light is not needed for operation in the HUD and DIC.

PS RPM programming is quickly done using the lock button when the vehicle is in Accessory mode using an incredibly simple and intuitive DIC-based interface. Complete programming takes less than 2 minutes.

The PS has two different display formats: “Build a mountain” and “build a valley”.

Mountain

Valley

Each vertical bar represents one “level”. The outside levels appears when the lower programmed RPM is reached. The middle level comes on when the upper programmed RPM is reached. The levels in between are progressively indicated as RPMs increased beyond the lower programmed RPM. When the programmed shift RPM is reached the message “SHIFT!” is indicated.

DIC programming mode screen

The PS has three programmable RPM bounds:
  1. Lower RPM – The lower boundary of the desired progressive shift band.
  2. Upper RPM – The upper boundary of the desired progressive shift band.
  3. Shift RPM – The lower boundary (trigger) of the desired shift point.
The entire progressive shift band is divided into seven equally spaced levels (e.g., ) plus one “SHIFT!” level for a total of 8 progressive shift levels.

Each of the first seven levels is progressively indicated by vertical bar(s) with different heights.
The shift light is set to be brightest when the dash is set to brightest. When the dash dims (e.g., due to the headlights coming), the shift light will be dimmer too.

There are two versions. One version that allows you to change the PS modes with the car running. And another that allows you to change the PS modes while the car is in accessory mode.

If you have a DashTronix Radar Projector already, you will need the accessory mode version.

Available now! Only $249.95

For more information or to order your Progressive Shift™,visit www.dashtronix.com.
Units are in stock and ready to ship!

Progressive Shift on HUD

Progressive Shift on DIC

LED shift light mounted in AC vent

LED shift light mounted near DIC

Last edited by DashTronix; 02-02-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:33 PM
dovervold
Melting Slicks

Received 232 Likes on 170 Posts

Guys, great product! I want one!! Can you tell me exactly where this plugs in, and how easy/hard it is to program?
Old 06-22-2011, 07:48 PM
DashTronix
Racer

Originally Posted by dovervold
Guys, great product! I want one!! Can you tell me exactly where this plugs in, and how easy/hard it is to program?
Glad you like it!

The unit is plug and play with no tools needed for install. It should take around 5 minutes for the install.

The PS box is mounted above the hood release lever and plugs into the OBD-II port using the supplied cable. The included LED shift light can be mounted anywhere you like, but does not need to be used if you only want to use the HUD and DIC display functionality of the Progressive Shift unit.

The install instructions are available for download and viewing at www.dashtronix.com on the instructions page.

Programming is super easy. Here is what the DIC screen looks like while programming:

DIC programming mode screen

The procedure to change the rpm boundaries are:
▪ Place your car into Accessory Mode.
▪ Press any door unlock button twice (door or key fob), with no more than 3 seconds
between presses, to enter configuration mode. You will see the “DashTronix.com”
“ProgressiveShift” splash screen in the DIC for 2.5 seconds.1
▪ Next you will see “Lower RPM: 0 00”. At this point you have the opportunity to
change the thousands place of the lower RPM boundary. Every two seconds, the thousands
place increments by 1. You must press an unlock button once to select the currently
displayed digit. Following selection of the thousands digit, the process repeats for the
hundreds digit. If you do not hit the unlock button after a “9” shows, the “9” is assumed
as the selection.
▪ The same process will repeat for both the “Upper RPM” and “Shift RPM” boundaries.
▪ If the chosen RPM boundaries are nonsensical (e.g,, Lower > Upper or Shift < Upper) the
PS will indicate “Wrong RPM bounds”, exit configuration mode and continue using
the previous settings.
▪ The newly selected values are saved. If you unplug your PS, it will use the factory
default RPM values when next plugged in.

You can change the display formats while driving by pressing the lock button twice to toggle between the different display formats. ie: Mountain, Valley, LED shift light only and PS off.

Thanks,

Team DashTronix

Last edited by DashTronix; 06-22-2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:31 AM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 1,975 Likes on 1,215 Posts

I commend you on the creative ways to enhance the "Corvette experience".

Q: what to do if the OBD II plug is already taken by one of your other products? Splice?
Old 06-23-2011, 02:43 PM
DashTronix
Racer

Originally Posted by range96
I commend you on the creative ways to enhance the "Corvette experience".

Q: what to do if the OBD II plug is already taken by one of your other products? Splice?
Thanks for the question.

No splicing is needed.

We have an OBD-II splitter cable available that allows more than one device to be plugged in at the OBD-II port.

Team DashTronix
Old 07-05-2011, 06:54 PM
DashTronix
Racer

Thank you for all the orders!

We will be looking forward to hearing how you like the new Progressive Shift.

Team DashTronix
Old 07-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Jim Shearer
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

What a great idea! Are they in stock ready to ship?
Old 07-07-2011, 07:06 PM
DashTronix
Racer

Originally Posted by Jim Shearer
What a great idea! Are they in stock ready to ship?
Yes they are!

In stock and ready to ship!

Team DashTronix
Old 07-13-2011, 06:17 PM
DashTronix
Racer

Units are in stock and ready to ship.

Team DashTronix
Old 07-18-2011, 12:19 PM
Jim Shearer
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

Default User report

I received my Dashtronix Progressive Shift on Thursday last week. I installed and programmed it on Friday. I had already planned to go to a road course event Saturday so it worked out perfectly.

I have my unit set for my Z06 with Lower RPM: 3500, Upper RPM: 6500, and Shift RPM: 6700. The LS7 seems to rev so fast I wanted a little notice before I hit the limiter. I have set the display to “Build a Mountain”. I have the display set to DIC and HUD with shift light on. The guys at Dashtronix answered my questions regarding programming promptly and efficiently. They took time to discuss the various RPM ranges and gave me suggestions on where to set the unit

The Progressive Shift worked absolutely fantastic. I could easily see I was getting in the upper RPM range and if the “Build a Mountain” was not displayed I knew I was not in the power band. The shift light also worked flawlessly. I can see the shift light working best at the drag strip. When you are running the LS7 up near the rev limiter it sounds like it could go another 1000 RPMs to me. It has been so engrained in my brain to listen to the engine at the drag strip that I have been known to hit the rev limiter a time or two.

As I mentioned before, I have the display set to HUD and DIC. I ended up not using the DIC at all for the display. The HUD worked great. I am going to change it to HUD only so I can keep an eye on the oil temperature in the DIC.

I only have one negative to report and that was my own fault. The unit fell from the suggested mounting location a couple of times while I was on the track. I say it was my own fault because I did not use the enclosed zip ties until I was certain where I wanted to be mounted. Had I used the zip ties I don’t think I would be a problem. I bigger piece of Velcro would have helped too.

The Dashtronix is an excellent product and works fine with the Window Valet. I give it two thumbs up!
Old 09-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Kelly100
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a great product and IDEA. I have been looking for an easily installed shift light for years. Keep it up. This should be a sure hit, IMHO.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:42 PM
DashTronix
Racer

Units are in stock and ready to ship.

Team DashTronix
Old 03-18-2012, 10:10 AM
DashTronix
Racer

Thank you for all the orders!

We will be looking forward to hearing how you like the Progressive Shift.

Team DashTronix
Old 03-18-2012, 07:13 PM
Incon306
Racer

Do you have any pics of the actual shift light you supply with this kit?

For people that only need a regular shift light set at a single RPM for drag racing do you offer a lower cost alternative?

Lastly, are there any options for the color of the LED in the shift light?
Old 03-19-2012, 06:47 AM
DashTronix
Racer

Originally Posted by Incon306
Do you have any pics of the actual shift light you supply with this kit?

For people that only need a regular shift light set at a single RPM for drag racing do you offer a lower cost alternative?

Lastly, are there any options for the color of the LED in the shift light?
Thanks for the questions,

We will snap a pic of the included LED. It is a single LED light with a wire lead that plugs into the Progressive Shift box.

There are not any other variants of the Progressive Shift at this time.

We are able to provide either a Red, Blue, Green, or White LED.

Thanks,

Team DashTronix
Old 03-20-2012, 03:38 AM
Incon306
Racer

Originally Posted by DashTronix
Thanks for the questions,

We will snap a pic of the included LED. It is a single LED light with a wire lead that plugs into the Progressive Shift box.

There are not any other variants of the Progressive Shift at this time.

We are able to provide either a Red, Blue, Green, or White LED.

Thanks,

Team DashTronix
Great! I am ready to place an order for one once I see what the shift light looks like.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:30 AM
DashTronix
Racer

Originally Posted by Incon306
Great! I am ready to place an order for one once I see what the shift light looks like.
Pics will be up today. We will post them here in this thread.

Team DashTronix

Get notified of new replies

To Amazing new product! Use your DIC or HUD as a progressive shift light!

Old 03-21-2012, 10:37 PM
DashTronix
Racer

Here are a couple of pics of the Single LED light that is included with the Progressive Shift.

Here is the LED.

Here is the LED with an included bezel.

Team DashTronix
Old 03-21-2012, 11:48 PM
Incon306
Racer

Originally Posted by DashTronix
Here are a couple of pics of the Single LED light that is included with the Progressive Shift.

Here is the LED.

Here is the LED with an included bezel.

Team DashTronix

Thank you! Is this LED shift light bright enough for use during the day? I want to be certain that I will definitely know the shift light is on while looking straight ahead(not at the light) when drag racing during the day.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:17 PM
DashTronix
Racer

Thank you to everyone who has purchased a DashTronix product.

Be sure to let us know how you like them!

Team DashTronix

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Amazing new product! Use your DIC or HUD as a progressive shift light!