Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Royal Purple HPS Sponsored ad

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 11:28 AM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Default Royal Purple HPS Sponsored ad

I noticed the Royal Purple HPS Sponsored ad in the ZR1 section and this would lead me/you to believe that this would be a great oil to use in our Vette/ZR1. I just thought this was a little misleading since we must use DEXOS approved oil in our cars in order to keep our warranty in tact.

I would love to be able to switch to one of these oils but my warranty is very important to me. I just did not want CF members to be mislead thinking they can use this oil in their cars and have GM stand behind their warranty in the event that there is an issue.

If I am wrong and RP is a DEXOS rated oil I apologize and will be using it in my next oil change. Just a FYI.

What other DEXOS oils are out there other than Mobil 1 that others are using?

[Edit] I just noticed that RP does have an API oil that is DEXOS approved although it is not the HPS oil. Is anybody on here using this oil and do you feel it is better than the recommended M1 oil and why?

Last edited by agentf1; 11-22-2011 at 11:37 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:27 PM
BearZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 1,334 Likes on 774 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'22-'23

Their site says HPS is recommended for vehicles no longer under manufacturers warranty. It also says HPS will not damage catalytic converters.

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Royal Purple HPS Sponsored ad