Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 12:02 PM
jasonn5
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Porsche

Anybody here have experience with the Porsche Cayman S.. Thinking about ding it to the stable.. Thanks.. Mike
Old 05-20-2012, 12:13 PM
tim414
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by jasonn5
Anybody here have experience with the Porsche Cayman S.. Thinking about ding it to the stable.. Thanks.. Mike

Probably best to ask this question on the P-car forum. I've read that their the 'best bargain' P-car....
Old 05-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

For the street or track?

They are very nice handling cars but slightly underpowered.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:46 PM
Antonio1988
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have driven one for about 30 minutes, definitely the best Porsche for the money. The torque curve is very flat, you can even accelerate at 40mph in 6th gear. Also a very balanced and very fun car. If Porsche didn't detune the engine (which is the same one that is in the carrera) then no one would buy a carrera. It is also a true mid engine car
Old 05-20-2012, 04:49 PM
trackpilot
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had one. Absolutley loved it! Drop dead gorgeous body, handles like nothing else but... the car needed an extra 100hp to tell you the truth.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:53 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Modern day volkswagon Karmen Ghia hardtop
Old 05-20-2012, 05:52 PM
kynimrod
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I helped a friend/Porsche salesman deliver a Turbo cab to Evansville IN. I drove a Cayman S there and back and it was quick(about as quick as my '84 911), but rode like a buckboard and had less interior room than my 911 did. I have since then sold the 911 and purchased one badass FAST '07 Z06. My friend/salesman bad-mouthed the Corvettes as compared to his almighty Porsches, but I wouldn't have gotten much of a Porsche for the 40Gs I plopped down for my Z.
In conclusion, I was not all that impressed by the Cayman S!
Old 05-20-2012, 06:58 PM
z51dcs
Advanced

A close friend, a dedicated Porsche guy who has had many differents models of Porsche's, told me that two hours in the car was about all he could stand because the car was so uncomfortable. Apparently a vette rides like a Caddy in comparison.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:01 PM
geezerman
Racer

we've had them as "loaners" when our 911 is in the shop...love, love, love, that little thing!,..much better steering and handling feel then our turbo!,..of course, not as fast,..but man,..what a sublime feel to it!,..i don't think you'll be dissapointed,..unless you do go for the speed,..it's not a particularly fast car,..with the cayman,..it's more about the sheer "joy of driving",..and, i gotta tell ya,..those folks who bemoan the fact that porsche WON'T let this car become "king of the stable" are onto something!,..it really would be the better car,..do to it's mid-engine configuration,..just a magnificent ride,..in my humble opinion!

Get notified of new replies

To Porsche

Quick Reply: [Z06] Porsche