Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] cd changer "CD ERROR"

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 09:31 PM
show723
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default cd changer "CD ERROR"

I've done search after search and come up with nothing. My cd changer was working fine the other day, but now today, with cd's in, doesn't recognize the cd's in the changer. I haven't moved the cd's since it stopped working. And no, they're not in upside down! This happened to me once before and I fixed it somehow, but I just can't remember how I did it. Suggestions pleeeeeease!
Old 05-19-2012, 08:07 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by show723
I've done search after search and come up with nothing. My cd changer was working fine the other day, but now today, with cd's in, doesn't recognize the cd's in the changer. I haven't moved the cd's since it stopped working. And no, they're not in upside down! This happened to me once before and I fixed it somehow, but I just can't remember how I did it. Suggestions pleeeeeease!
Sometimes with electrical problems in these cars the best thing to do is re-boot. In other words diconnectet the battery and see if the CD changer comes back for you. sometimes the piece of equiptment gets confused and doesnt know what to do IE: 2 functions at once it cant choose so it does nothing. Disconnecting the battery releases all the commands and your in business.Hope it works for you

Clif
Old 05-20-2012, 03:58 PM
show723
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And that worked!!! When I reconnected the battery and turned it on and tried it, and it worked, I literally said "thank you sir!" out loud haha thanks a lot clif, another reason why I love the corvette forums!

Get notified of new replies

To cd changer "CD ERROR"

Quick Reply: [Z06] cd changer "CD ERROR"