Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Harvey Gluck's latest ZR1!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 07:43 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,623 Likes on 1,742 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by Racer
Envy? No, not at all.

Originally Posted by The NNIAL8R
...I develop far too personal a relationship with my vehicles to sell/trade them every year or so...Hell, I still have the first brand new vehicle I ever bought (93 Z-71 4x4) and my first Corvette (99 C5 Coupe)....No way I can discard them with only a thousand or two miles on them...

Id be envious if he kept all 63 ....Hell, Id be envious if he kept just one from each generation
How can you be envious of a car that is purchased only to be resold seconds later?

Last edited by DebRedZR1; 12-14-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:39 AM
08Roadster
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Harvey - that is one outstanding looking car.....Love it !
Old 12-14-2012, 11:24 AM
The NNIAL8R
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13
"I voluntarily took 60 days off from OT"

Originally Posted by MorePwr18
he would give ALL his Corvettes back to have his wife still with him today.
I would think that goes without saying ....but then again, I have a couple ex-wives I wouldnt trade my lawn mower for..
Old 12-14-2012, 11:34 AM
The NNIAL8R
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1
How can you be envious of a car that is purchased only to be resold seconds later?
Hey, Id be envious to have the untold thousands of $$$ lost in depreciation over that 63 year period
Old 12-15-2012, 08:57 AM
03CARISMA
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

What an outstanding car!! Harvey, you have excellent taste.

Take care and enjoy.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:31 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Good Luck Harvey. Nice looking ZZZZZZZ
Old 12-16-2012, 12:19 AM
JeffInDFW
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

My attitude.....I wish Harvey Gluck has been around in the late 60s. I'm thankful he is around now. Why? Because only 2 guys were kick *** enough in 1969 to order a ZL1 Corvette. Harvey Gluck is why there is now an incredible 2013 ZR1 in race blue with 60th anniversary stripping for a guy to buy 30 years from now. The Corvette collectors 40 years from now will be thanking God for Harvey. Somebody has to be the original owner, and Harvey is making sure a lot of super desirable, super rare, super kick *** Corvettes make it out of that production line and onto the street.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:15 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by JeffInDFW
My attitude.....I wish Harvey Gluck has been around in the late 60s. I'm thankful he is around now. Why? Because only 2 guys were kick *** enough in 1969 to order a ZL1 Corvette. Harvey Gluck is why there is now an incredible 2013 ZR1 in race blue with 60th anniversary stripping for a guy to buy 30 years from now. The Corvette collectors 40 years from now will be thanking God for Harvey. Somebody has to be the original owner, and Harvey is making sure a lot of super desirable, super rare, super kick *** Corvettes make it out of that production line and onto the street.
30 Years? Try 30 days.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:02 AM
The NNIAL8R
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

I would love to be known on a first name basis with the guys that build them at the plant....I would be very happy with that!
Glen
You do know how to make that happen right??
Old 12-16-2012, 09:53 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,106 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffInDFW
..........Because only 2 guys were kick *** enough in 1969 to order a ZL1 Corvette. ...............
I am going to play Devil's Advocate here. There is a real possibility that GM may have simply chosen to only build two of those. I wouldn't assume that only two were built because only two wanted to order it. Maybe a corvette historian can weigh in on this.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:02 PM
The NNIAL8R
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

30 Years? Try 30 days.
I dunno....Maybe it's because I had to wait three long years for the "financial planets" to align before I could afford my C6Z...but Ive owned it since Feb 2008 and cant imagine selling it...

I suppose if it was something as simple as writing a check every year I wouldnt get so attached
Old 12-16-2012, 10:31 PM
MorePwr18
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dunno....Maybe it's because I had to wait three long years for the "financial planets" to align before I could afford my C6Z...but Ive owned it since Feb 2008 and cant imagine selling it...

I suppose if it was something as simple as writing a check every year I wouldnt get so attached
Not really a fair analogy to compare what seems like reckless annual spending with no "attachment" to your purchase and passion for your car. I know what you are saying........sometimes to see someone flip cars with ease when it takes so long to save up the cash to get your dream car ........but another way to look at this is that Harvey busted his butt for 50+ years running a construction business with sweat and tears and now in his retirement years as a car nut, finds enjoyment in the ordering, anticipation and museum delivery of another new Corvette. Harvey finds a buyer for his cars, brings them to his local dealer and arranges a trade that in the end doesn't loose as much as you would think.

I remember when it took me forever to buy my first car and I wanted to keep it forever. That is so cool to see your hardest hours at work turn into the sports car of your dreams!

I have been there as well and how I relate to Harvey in a way is I killed myself for 40 years with 12-14 hour days and just recently took early retirement as my health is failing (from all those damn hours) and just bought what will probably be my last, but best sports car as a treat to myself. Now my sons friends and neighbors must think......"oh look at this guy.....buying yet another new car when we can barely pay for one", but cars are my passion and I have wanted a Corvette convertible forever, and now with everything paid off, is my time to enjoy.

Although it does appear that Harvey just flips extravagant cars like they are nothing, after meeting him, I saw a guy who loves Corvettes and really enjoys the whole process of ordering and owning some kick *** rides.......and remembers every one of the 63 he has owned
Old 12-16-2012, 11:04 PM
BearZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 1,348 Likes on 778 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'22-'23

Well said! Why would anyone not be happy for Harvey? He spends the money he earns as he so chooses just like we all do.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:29 AM
k wright
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats on the new car from Gerald and Ken Wright.

See you again at the NCM bash.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:19 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Not really a fair analogy to compare what seems like reckless annual spending with no "attachment" to your purchase and passion for your car. I know what you are saying........sometimes to see someone flip cars with ease when it takes so long to save up the cash to get your dream car ........but another way to look at this is that Harvey busted his butt for 50+ years running a construction business with sweat and tears and now in his retirement years as a car nut, finds enjoyment in the ordering, anticipation and museum delivery of another new Corvette. Harvey finds a buyer for his cars, brings them to his local dealer and arranges a trade that in the end doesn't loose as much as you would think.

I remember when it took me forever to buy my first car and I wanted to keep it forever. That is so cool to see your hardest hours at work turn into the sports car of your dreams!

I have been there as well and how I relate to Harvey in a way is I killed myself for 40 years with 12-14 hour days and just recently took early retirement as my health is failing (from all those damn hours) and just bought what will probably be my last, but best sports car as a treat to myself. Now my sons friends and neighbors must think......"oh look at this guy.....buying yet another new car when we can barely pay for one", but cars are my passion and I have wanted a Corvette convertible forever, and now with everything paid off, is my time to enjoy.

Although it does appear that Harvey just flips extravagant cars like they are nothing, after meeting him, I saw a guy who loves Corvettes and really enjoys the whole process of ordering and owning some kick *** rides.......and remembers every one of the 63 he has owned
Hmm, not quite right but a nice post.
I have seen all of Harveys buys and sells on this forum for the last 11 years.
He is losing big money there is no doubt about that (yes, his money to lose).
Also, yes he likes to own Corvettes, Camaros etc. but is he passionate about them or does he just like the limelight of ordering and accepting them and posting about it. He doesn't open the hoods on them and didn't even know his ZR1 had a dry sump or if it had a dip stick.

I am the guy who is approaching 60 New Corvettes since 1965...Its always been my Philosophy to Buy them, Drive them, enjoy them for a while and DON'T get attached to them........
Well on Tuesday I was getting ready to gor to Carlisle for one day (on Friday)--so I go outside check the Tire Pressure and decide to open the Hood (which I never do) and check the Oil........What do I find--NO Dip stick..I search and search with a Flash light, but to No Avail.....Oh great They forgot to put one in this Engine.
Go inside call the Dealer--he tells me your ZR1 does not have a Dip Stick but has a Dry Oil Sump (whatever that is).......so out I go the the ZR1.. I go and I locate this Sump--I check it and to my Amazement its Empty.....
Oh Great no Oil in the Engine--it probably leaked out and Good Buy Engine...
Then Decide its time to try to Decipher the Manual........To my amazement I find out its suppose to be Empty and that you check it when the Oil is warm.
Whoever heard of that--I was bought up to check the Oil when its Cold....Thank god everything is alright.
The Moral of the story is don't start fidiling with things you don't no about--so I will NEVER open that Hood Again....its my 2nd ZR! and I have a 2011 ZR1 on Order---I wonder Dip Stick o Dry Sump?????? Harvey
So, as many Corvettes as Harvey has owned, I am more impressed with a man or women who has worked hard to buy one Corvette and knows his Corvette through and through and probably can check the oil in it occasionally, but maybe that's just me.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:12 AM
The NNIAL8R
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Also, yes he likes to own Corvettes, Camaros etc. but is he passionate about them or does he just like the limelight of ordering and accepting them and posting about it. He doesn't open the hoods on them and didn't even know his ZR1 had a dry sump or if it had a dip stick.

So, as many Corvettes as Harvey has owned, I am more impressed with a man or women who has worked hard to buy one Corvette and knows his Corvette through and through and probably can check the oil in it occasionally, but maybe that's just me.
The dipstick is a moot point....He gets rid of it before the first oil change is due
Old 12-17-2012, 11:11 AM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Congratulations Harvey!!!

BTW, I AM envious of Harvey. But I try to keep in perspective that most people in this world would be envious of any one of us on this forum who have been fortunate enough to own cars like this.

In Harvey's case, we should be envious that not only is he a true car guy, but he is also a true gentleman.

Get notified of new replies

To Harvey Gluck's latest ZR1!

Old 12-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Janet Curran
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08

Originally Posted by jschindler
Congratulations Harvey!!!

BTW, I AM envious of Harvey. But I try to keep in perspective that most people in this world would be envious of any one of us on this forum who have been fortunate enough to own cars like this.

In Harvey's case, we should be envious that not only is he a true car guy, but he is also a true gentleman.
I agree 100%

Harvey has been there to help & assist many people, but does so quietly, with no attention. There are many of us that owe Harvey a very BIG THANKS !

Janet
Old 12-17-2012, 11:58 AM
MorePwr18
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow....looks like you have formed such a firm opinion of a guy from behind the keyboard over 11 years of posts. Have you even met the man? How do you know he doesn't open the hood (he has btw and does as we talked about the dry sump raz he got on this forum from so many....trust me he was embarrassed but now laughs about it). Harvey reads all these posts guys and is a humble guy.

How would you know what his passions and thoughts are as well?

I just love how people on all these car forums sit back and form an opinion on complete strangers from just a few posts or actions and then think it is OK to just sum up their whole persona with a snap-shot post. Doubt if you had a coffee with Harvey, would you find that he is just as much an enthusiast as you but expresses it in different ways.

I love to work on all my cars right down to swapping engines, doing personal modifications and enjoying the crap out of them (probably like you and the majority of us here) ......... BUT I have met so many guys and gals who truly like cars as much as I or you do, but don't have the mechanical skills or have not had a father or brother as a guiding hand. They just love driving down the road or just collecting things car related (or cars if they have the cash) and having something to talk about at the next meet or coffee shop......honestly does it really matter and is it wrong? We are all different in subtle ways but the same related to the common thread here which is we all have a great American icon

OK enough of my soapbox......sorry didn't mean to lecture......maybe I am just overdosed on reading about people with so many opinions about other people they barely know or have never met.

Last edited by MorePwr18; 12-18-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:26 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Wow....looks like you have formed such a firm opinion of a guy from behind the keyboard over 11 years of posts. Have you even met the man? How do you know he doesn't open the hood (he has btw and does as we talked about the dry sump raz he got on this forum from so many....trust me he was embarrassed but now laughs about it). Harvey reads all these posts guys and is a humble guy.

How would you know what his passions and thoughts are as well?

I just love how people on all these car forums sit back and form an opinion on complete strangers from just a few posts or actions and them think it is OK to just sum up their whole persona with a snap-shot post. Doubt if you had a coffee with Harvey, would you find that he is just as much an enthusiast as you but expresses it in different ways.

I love to work on all my cars right down to swapping engine, doing personal modifications and enjoying the crap out of them (probably like you and the majority of us here) ......... BUT I have met so many guys and gals who truly like cars as much as I or you do, but don't have the mechanical skills or have not had a father or brother as a guiding hand. They just love driving down the road or just collecting things car related (or cars if they have the cash) and having something to talk about at the next meet or coffee shop......honestly does it really matter and is it wrong? We are all different in subtle ways but the same related to the common thread here which is we all have a great American icon

OK enough of my soapbox......sorry didn't mean to lecture......maybe I am just overdosed on reading about people with so many opinions about other people they barely know or have never met.
Wow, you think you can read between the lines, but you can't. Never said I didn't like the guy, I am sure he is the nicest man on the planet. How do I know he doesn't open the hood? He says he doesn't.
decide to open the Hood (which I never do)
Just saying, that not sure how he should be placed on a higher pedestal than Joe ordinary that buys his very first Vette and DOES open the hood, that's all.

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Harvey Gluck's latest ZR1!