Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Burnout Super Test, Part 7: 2012 Chevy Corvette ZR1 vs. 2013 SRT Viper

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 04:17 PM
s_c5519
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Burnout Super Test, Part 7: 2012 Chevy Corvette ZR1 vs. 2013 SRT Viper

http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/f...srt-viper.html
Old 01-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

ZR1 smoked that Viper!

In all seriousness, the ZR1 sounds like a race car , the Viper, not so much.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:36 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,444 Likes on 2,270 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer
ZR1 smoked that Viper!

Response from Viper Boss/crowd:

1. Driver was an idiot, obviously didn't know how to drive the Viper.
2. Hood may have been open; obviously pulling the snake down on power.
3. The ZR was a ringer; c'mon, everybody can see that.
4. Yeah, well if you put decent tires on it, it would win; c'mon, everybody knows those tires suck.
5. But the ACR. . . . . doh,. . . never mind. . .
6. Didn't have all the bolt-ons, on, which while the manufacturer can't deliver it with them installed, the owner can put them on (along with a nitrous set-up for that matter), and yeah, those do get driven on the street al the time like that so street-legal and blah, blah, blah. . .
7. Fact of the matter is, Viper is superior the ZR, and we really don't give a crap what objective data says.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:57 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by OnPoint
[/B]

4. Yeah, well if you put decent tires on it, it would win; c'mon, everybody knows those tires suck.
6. Didn't have all the bolt-ons, on, which while the manufacturer can't deliver it with them installed, the owner can put them on (along with a nitrous set-up for that matter), and yeah, those do get driven on the street al the time like that so street-legal and blah, blah, blah. . .
7. Fact of the matter is, Viper is superior the ZR, and we really don't give a crap what objective data says.

Nothing about the wider tires stealing 100 feet
Old 01-06-2013, 12:17 AM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Dumb test.

Bumping rev limiter in first does not seem to be the best way to do a long burn out. In either car if the driver would have grabbed second gear before hitting the rev limiter in first, he might have created longer black tire stripes in either car.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:40 AM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Location: Daytona Beach/ Atlanta---- Good Ol' Florida Boy/ Georgia
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo
Dumb test.

Bumping rev limiter in first does not seem to be the best way to do a long burn out. In either car if the driver would have grabbed second gear before hitting the rev limiter in first, he might have created longer black tire stripes in either car.

Excuse me while I mount some bicycle tires on my car and do the longest burnout known to man.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:26 AM
Kyle Lemish
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

That test proves one thing ive said along time......Edmounds is f&():ng worthless
Old 01-06-2013, 07:32 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,622 Likes on 1,741 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

ZR1 smoked that Viper!

Nothing compares to the sound of a Bad AZZ ZR1

Originally Posted by OnPoint
[/B]

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
ZR1 continues to be KING

Last edited by DebRedZR1; 01-06-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:19 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo
Dumb test.

Originally Posted by whatcop?

Excuse me while I mount some bicycle tires on my car and do the longest burnout known to man.
Originally Posted by Kyle Lemish
That test proves one thing ive said along time......Edmounds is f&():ng worthless
Who cares, we have already seen tests where the ZR1 has a higher top speed than the Viper, we have seen tests where the ZR1 has beaten the new Viper at Laguna Seca, we have seen the ZR1 crush the Viper in the 1/4 mile. We have seen the ACR take back the 'Ring title.......this was just a cool fun test, I don't see a problem with it, I think they also meant it as a fun test. Anytime a ZR1 beats a Viper at anything I am all for it.
Plus, the best thing about this test, it really showed the difference between the sounds of these cars, one amazing and one sounds like ****. IMHO.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:35 AM
09Z06pj
Le Mans Master

Received 1,100 Likes on 752 Posts

Man, the new Viper is having a rough debut. It's getting beat-up so badly, I'm almost starting to feel sorry for it. As for the ZR1, it's riding off into the sunset with the ****-eatin' grin on its face that we all know so well.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Kyle Lemish
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Who cares, we have already seen tests where the ZR1 has a higher top speed than the Viper, we have seen tests where the ZR1 has beaten the new Viper at Laguna Seca, we have seen the ZR1 crush the Viper in the 1/4 mile. We have seen the ACR take back the 'Ring title.......this was just a cool fun test, I don't see a problem with it, I think they also meant it as a fun test. Anytime a ZR1 beats a Viper at anything I am all for it.
Plus, the best thing about this test, it really showed the difference between the sounds of these cars, one amazing and one sounds like ****. IMHO.
the problem with a test like this by a known source such as edmunds........some people are now fooled into thinking this is the proper way to do a "Burn Out" It gets old being next in line at the drag strip and someone improperly does said burn out only to compromise the launch pad and track prep!

I do agree with you on the music that emits from the ZR1 exhaust though!!!!!
Old 01-06-2013, 12:49 PM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Location: Daytona Beach/ Atlanta---- Good Ol' Florida Boy/ Georgia
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

the problem with a test like this by a known source such as edmunds........some people are now fooled into thinking this is the proper way to do a "Burn Out" It gets old being next in line at the drag strip and someone improperly does said burn out only to compromise the launch pad and track prep!

That's better than the geniuses that drive through the water box and do burnouts in the water box.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:56 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Well, I HIGHLY doubt this video is causing problems at the drag strip, most people probably never even absorbed HOW he did the burnout, they were just waiting in anticipation of SEEING the burnouts. It was just good fun.

Get notified of new replies

To Burnout Super Test, Part 7: 2012 Chevy Corvette ZR1 vs. 2013 SRT Viper

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Burnout Super Test, Part 7: 2012 Chevy Corvette ZR1 vs. 2013 SRT Viper