Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Smallest Size Weld RTS Front Wheels- 17 by what?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 11:54 AM
camONLYls1
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Smallest Size Weld RTS Front Wheels- 17 by what?

I'm getting ready to purchase a set of Weld RTS drag wheels for my c6z. Looking through a few threads, I've seen a couple of members mention they're running 17x4's in the front. Like here

I'm not sure if this person just meant the general 17 by 4.x option or if he literally meant 17 by 4.0"

After talking to a sale rep at Weld Racing directly, they said the very smallest size they can offer for this application is 17 x 4.7". In which should clear my stock brakes just fine.

I'm looking to see what other guys are running up front for a 17" skinny before I place the order. These are drag wheels obviously and would like to use the smallest wheel possible to reduce weight.

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

-Shane
Old 03-12-2014, 01:39 PM
EvilZ51
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm running a 18x4.5. I know that's not a 17 but still should give you some reference. They even do fine on the street, just don't try and pull a lateral g in a turn with them on.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:02 PM
camONLYls1
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I love the look of the RTS welds on your Z. Beautiful blue!

I'm sure I'll be happy with the 17x4.7 wheels. I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on an even lighter setup using a 4.0" wide rim.

Get notified of new replies

To Smallest Size Weld RTS Front Wheels- 17 by what?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Smallest Size Weld RTS Front Wheels- 17 by what?