Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Need Rear Wheel and Tire

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 07:39 AM
SweetZO6
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Default Need Rear Wheel and Tire

Went to the local car wash yesterday that I have used for years and tore up my driver side rear tire and rim. The exit guide rail had been bent over exposing the attaching blocks. Was not aware of this so on exit my rear driver side wheel rub up against the blocks and put eight gouges in the tire side wall and the same number of scrapes on the wheel. I have the ZO6 black painted aluminum wheel. New wheel is $500 and Michelin Run Flat is $500. Was wondering if any one had a rear 12" black aluminum ZO6 wheel they would like to get rid of. I believe the code is Q6U. See attached pic (I hope it attached)

Also, the car had 4 new Michelin Run Flats put on it back in February when I purchased the car. Rear tires have 10,000 unabused miles on them. My questions are would I have to replace both rear tires since one has more wear then the other and does uneven tire wear affect rear diff performance and or reliability?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ed
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Need Rear Wheel and Tire