Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Increased Performance (Pulley) and Melted Cats

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 11:53 AM
ZR1Gerhardt
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Increased Performance (Pulley) and Melted Cats

Now that my warranty is up, I am looking at ways to increase power. I am looking at the normal items (pulley, snout, possible cam, etc.). I am just starting, but one issue I want to figure out is the melting cat issue. It is pretty clear the stock cats will likely melt.

So some thoughts are:

1. Gut the cats (not sure I want to do that, try to keep it pollution friendly).
2. LTHs without cats. If I decide to gut the cats, would it be better to go with LTHs w/o cats.
3. LTHs with cats. Are there any Cats out there that don't melt? I have seen many posts, but not a definitive answer. I have seen a few people have good look with ARH headers with cats? Any others?

Thanks for any advice you have.

Scott
Old 12-17-2015, 10:16 AM
TurboLX
Pro

Received 122 Likes on 91 Posts

4. Have someone who understands what the cat overtemp model does handle the tuning in the ECU and just calibrate it properly with your smaller pulley. Hint: running leaner than stock is a great way to destroy the cats.

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Increased Performance (Pulley) and Melted Cats